You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

You know you are an INFJ when it takes you the longest (consistently) to order food because you cannot decide on something in the menu.

(Indecisive weirdos)

Actually I think INFJs are quite decisive... I tend to go to a restaurant because I want something specific.

Reactions: knight in battle
You know you're an INFJ when you meet new people (in person) and they say gay stuff like "I feel like I have known you my whole life" and people are always mad at you for not contacting them enough, even though you do try and they are busy when you do, but they never contact you initially and you build up resentment for this and eventually stop trying and everyone thinks you are a jerk because you dont put enough into the relationship, even though they are judging you by an arbitrary standard they dont use on anyone else simply for the fucking fact that they just like you MORE then most people because you make them feel good about themselves and are generally helpful and nurturing so when you dont come around they feel that absence MORESO then their "friends" they could care less about seeing...

Seriously. its fucking exhausting! On a personal note, I do my best to make myself available, and when I am around I do everything I can to maximize our fun/relationship and I dont take offense when you are busy, so why am I an asshole when you cant get ahold of me? Your entire rage is predicated by the fact that you are unaware of your own shortcomings in staying in touch and liking me MORE then you probably should simply because I make you "feel" better about yourself. SELFISH DICKS!

/rant over.

You know you're an INFJ when you meet new people (in person) and they say gay stuff like "I feel like I have known you my whole life" and people are always mad at you for not contacting them enough, even though you do try and they are busy when you do, but they never contact you initially and you build up resentment for this and eventually stop trying and everyone thinks you are a jerk because you dont put enough into the relationship, even though they are judging you by an arbitrary standard they dont use on anyone else simply for the fucking fact that they just like you MORE then most people because you make them feel good about themselves and are generally helpful and nurturing so when you dont come around they feel that absence MORESO then their "friends" they could care less about seeing...

Seriously. its fucking exhausting! On a personal note, I do my best to make myself available, and when I am around I do everything I can to maximize our fun/relationship and I dont take offense when you are busy, so why am I an asshole when you cant get ahold of me? Your entire rage is predicated by the fact that you are unaware of your own shortcomings in staying in touch and liking me MORE then you probably should simply because I make you "feel" better about yourself. SELFISH DICKS!

/rant over.

Dude! Story of my life!

Reactions: ScotchandBoots
When you unconsciously switch from a singular verb tense to plural when speaking of social injustices :D ("I" to "we" 'avenging/guardian angel' scenario)

When I need to remember why I am not fitting in I grab my
copy of my favorite "me" book
Party of One , The Loners' Manifesto by anneli rufus

thank god for her. She even tells me in great stories what cultures I
don't need to bother moving to because culturally I am poison!
Such as Africa and Japan.
I love being INFJ just nobody else loves that part of me...:mhula:

o_O Africa is a rather expansive continent with a cornucopia of differing and often conflicting cultures (even within a particular country, region, or city - in its entirety the variety is breathtaking :}) - I'm sure at least one would have a place for an INFJ with your particular cultural outlook. ^-^

[MENTION=4624]MissionHouse[/MENTION], yeah, tell me about it!

Also, you know you're INFJ when:

You spend your free time learning foreign languages, but realize that if you ever met another person who spoke that language, you'd be really hesitant to speak it around them, because they might think your accent is funny/ they might laugh at your mistakes/ etc.

When you try to explain to someone that their viewpoint is wrong in a logical, calm manner. Then they realise they are wrong but still say " well I'm entitled to my opinion " and you realise they are entitled to their opinion but you come to the conclusion you've spent 30 minutes talking to the village idiot.

When while your professor is elaborating on an abstract example, you've already figured out the concept he is referring to, and the people sitting around you are still clueless.

...when you have a feeling about someone and when you confront them about it, they deny it at the same time they break eye contact and look away...

- Haven't had a female significant other in all your life because you, as a man, are more emotionally sensitive than a lot of girls are.

- Constantly have thoughts swimming about in your mind, and when one comes that's a particularly sad one, it makes you almost cry-- no matter your surroundings.

- You feel at a loss for words when trying to converse with almost everyone you come across.

- Are constantly holding back most of what you are on the inside, and long for the day you meet someone who you can share it all with.

- Feel disgusted/repelled when you people-watch for a length of time.

[MENTION=4742]eloquent_leo[/MENTION]

stole yours :p

Reactions: eloquent_leo
Remember miniscule details about a person that they may have only mentioned in passing and then pretending you "didn't know that" about them later on when it comes up again because remembering it makes you seem like a desperate freak of nature to most people. Yes ladies, I'm talking about you!

[MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION]

Hey, that's a good one. Doesn't just happen with ladies, though :p

[MENTION=2890]Lerxst[/MENTION] haha XD My knees get weak to those miniscule details though :( *thoughts in mind - he CARES* unless it's used for arguments...lol :mlight:

Or if he's "creepy," as girls oh so like to say

@Lerxst haha XD My knees get weak to those miniscule details though :( *thoughts in mind - he CARES* unless it's used for arguments...lol :mlight:

It's caused plenty of awkward moments as a teenager though when I remembered things like a girl's birthday when only speaking to them once or twice. I always got "that look" when I would recall it and wish them a happy birthday (or similar). The look that goes along the lines of "Oh my God, it knows my something about me?! Kill me, now!"

It's caused plenty of awkward moments as a teenager though when I remembered things like a girl's birthday when only speaking to them once or twice. I always got "that look" when I would recall it and wish them a happy birthday (or similar). The look that goes along the lines of "Oh my God, it knows my something about me?! Kill me, now!"

Or, using today's lingo, "OMG what a creeper"

Been there, sir.