Writing your own marriage vows. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Writing your own marriage vows.

I plan to adopt. Too many children are without parents, and the world is too overpopulated to bring in more. Why add to the oxygen suckers and carbon pumps on the planet when you could give an existing one a home?

To raise the quality of the gene pool?

Slant said:
I though it was well known fact on the forums that I don't believe in love...?

Aw.

I know people who have done the mail-order bride thing. There's a couple in my neighborhood... actually, a triple. (Two brothers, one blonde Russian; don't ask.) She grimly goes for walks in stiletto heels and a fur coat, when it doesn't get much below 70 degrees where I live, and looks absolutely miserable. I feel sorry for them. On the other hand, there are two different men I know who have married Cambodian women, where it is clearly a marriage of convenience. These women are extremely grateful for their new environment, which makes me think their old one must've been pitiful. One had a baby she named Liberty, because she was so happy to be here, in the states, married to a cranky old hillbilly 40 years her senior, rather than her home country.

Life is strange.

intelligent parents can have retarded children, genius's can come from scum.

the only way to raise the quality of the genepool is to kill the retards alive.

1. I swear to provide sexual gratification in a missionary or cowgirl position any time you desire it.
2. I swear to protect you any time you ask for protection.
3. I swear to respect your library, and not treat your books as mine.
4. I swear never to ask for a separation or divorce on the basis of ill health or finances, or for reasons I had prior knowledge of and could have stopped.
5. I swear to provide intellectual stimulation, and emotional gratification, on the basis that you talk over what your needs are so I can better provide for you.

Call me crazy, but this actually sounds like a sweet deal.

That's because they're actual vows I'd give so long as they were reciprocated.

I would promise never to criticize my partner in front of my friend, his friends, my family, his family. Only when we are alone.

intelligent parents can have retarded children, genius's can come from scum.

the only way to raise the quality of the genepool is to kill the retards alive.

No need to kill the retards. You just don't let them reproduce. Which is probably a humane idea also.

1. I will be reasonable when resolving conflicts.
2. I will assist you in reaching your goals as equally important as my own.
3. I will always think the best of you.
4. I will never intentionally hurt you.

-I vow to be really understanging
-Never to devorce you for reasons other than you tried to kill me
-I vow to never to have an affair with anyone so long as I am given enough attention, you never go to war, and you see me in person at least once a day
-I vow to let you take me to a mentle hospital if I ever get too insane, and to take you to the mentle hospital if you get insane
-I vow to make you feel flattered, poof up your ego, make you feel loved, do little things to make you feel special, important and needed
-If you decide to get devorced I vow to hunt you down and get revenge on you and your loved ones :m035:

Last edited:
The problem is breaking the vows.
All of the things said boil down to respect, honor, integrity, love. Those words need to be in any vows.
I promise to do what it takes to respect and honor both you and myself, and if that respect or honor begins to wane, for the sake of this commitment I agree to do my part to resolve it before it becomes a problem between us, and I expect the same from you.
I promise to never put you and your needs or me and my needs above right and wrong.

I'm a minimalist so:

I promise to respect and love you and all that that entails.

Reactions: Satya
I promise to live with you in my thoughts and spirit everyday.
I promise to let you see me as I am someday.
I promise to see you when you don't see you.
I promise to let you love me.

Last edited:
Hm. I'm having a really hard time coming up with vows because I don't want to make promises I don't know if I'll ever keep. I feel awkward trying to come up with promises for why someone should want to marry me and what I can do for them.

Maybe that means I don't believe in marriage. Gasp.

Hm. I'm having a really hard time coming up with vows because I don't want to make promises I don't know if I'll ever keep. I feel awkward trying to come up with promises for why someone should want to marry me and what I can do for them.

Maybe that means I don't believe in marriage. Gasp.

High five dude

Reactions: acd
I can't imagine giving vows in front of all family and friends. I don't like to make promises that might be difficult to keep, but I wouldn't want to sound too robotic either. I guess it'd be a task of trying to balance those two.

It will depend on the girl what I say though.