Would you swap introversion for extroversion and vice versa? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Would you swap introversion for extroversion and vice versa?

No offense, but I find introverts boring. You guys never talk, ever. And when I say "hey", you guys just shut off. All the introverts I know can have light conversations or small talk, but they can't have long and deep conversations.
*Joins an introvert forum*
*Has long and deep conversations with introverts*
giphy.gif

No offense, but I find introverts boring. You guys never talk, ever. And when I say "hey", you guys just shut off. All the introverts I know can have light conversations or small talk, but they can't have long and deep conversations. So that would be a definite NO. I like being friendly and approachable. Everyone always says I'm "bubble", and I like that.

You obviously have never met me. I'm a introvert and I can keep a convo going and make you feel uncomfortable while I do it. Lmao

No offense, but I find introverts boring. You guys never talk, ever. And when I say "hey", you guys just shut off. All the introverts I know can have light conversations or small talk, but they can't have long and deep conversations. So that would be a definite NO. I like being friendly and approachable. Everyone always says I'm "bubble", and I like that.

Doesn’t know if serious or not...

Introverts can be the most talkative people when they are interested in the topic at hand. Especially INFJ’s who a lot of people mistaken for extroverts because of this.

You haven’t been friends with a true introvert if you haven’t been able to have a long and deep conversation. Or you may have but your idea of “deep” is still very surface level and uninteresting to them - So they don’t fully commit to it.

Doesn’t know if serious or not...

Introverts can be the most talkative people when they are interested in the topic at hand. Especially INFJ’s who a lot of people mistaken for extroverts because of this.

You haven’t been friends with a true introvert if you haven’t been able to have a long and deep conversation. Or you may have but your idea of “deep” is still very surface level and uninteresting to them - So they don’t fully commit to it.

Maybe, I dunno. But my experience tells me otherwise.

Heh. That's not my experience at all. Most, if not all(?), of my friends are introverts and we only have deep conversations.

Maybe, I dunno. But my experience tells me otherwise.

I’m a bit confused. If you’re an introvert yourself, wouldn’t you know personally firsthand that despite introverts being reserved and serious, there is also a fun and deep aspect to them once they have a chance to open up?

I agree with @Wyote, sounds like you aren’t giving introverts the space to do that.

Introverts take time to open up, some more than others.

I’m a bit confused. If you’re an introvert yourself, wouldn’t you know personally firsthand that despite introverts being reserved and serious, there is also a fun and deep aspect to them once they have a chance to open up?

I agree with @Wyote, sounds like you aren’t giving introverts the space to do that.

Introverts take time to open up, some more than others.

I'm an ENTP. Anyway, yes you're exactly right. They need space to open up, A LOT of space. As an Ne dom, I get bored of this easily. Thanks for clarifying that this is a me thing, not an introvert thing.

I'm an ENTP. Anyway, yes you're exactly right. They need space to open up, A LOT of space. As an Ne dom, I get bored of this easily. Thanks for clarifying that this is a me thing, not an introvert thing.

Ah, that makes more sense that you are extroverted. I recommend changing your MBTI status, just to avoid any future confusion regarding any similar topics to this.

But yes, introverts don't usually open up easily and takes a bit of time---though it doesn't apply to all of them, but most of time being reserved and private is expected with an introvert.