Would you have a long distance relationship? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Would you have a long distance relationship?

Some people consider long distance relationships a problem but I do see some benefits. Personally I would think you would have to really work hard and honestly to show you appreciate the other person because you want them in your life. It is very easy to take for granted someone being with you all the time at your request/leisure. Thats the one thing I always wondered about celebrities who chase each other around the world. It might appear that they are just "so in love with each other" but the reality is, for the average person without the money to travel back and forth and stay at hotels etc. that isn't an option. Therefore, if money and time was not so flexible would you still make the same amount of effort and have the same level of desire to see them? If the answer is no in anyway then I assume spending immeasurable amounts of time together has less to do with love and more to do with circumstance that allows you to live ideally. If it is too ideal then it will fall apart when you ar least expecting it to. Which for me personally is more difficult than if it just didn't work out period.

so... if he had more money, you would still be together?

-it used to be about visas not money (if I had the money they would have given me one)
-it's about incompatibility now
-it will still be about incompatibility

no because the US doesn't like us

I just met a lady from Romania yesterday. Someone apparently let the cat out of the bag that you aren't all vampires.

I just met a lady from Romania yesterday. Someone apparently let the cat out of the bag that you aren't all vampires.

say subservient types wouldn't want that dispelled! poor stephenie meyer

I would — or at least I did — but in the end, hopping on a jet plane every two weeks wasn’t sustainable, nor was it enough.

So I moved.

cheers,
Ian

I've been 'in relationships' long-distance, but they've all been superficial and ended up with both me and the other partner drifting our separate ways.

It helps that I'm poly-friendly and don't mind if they're seeing other people on the side. Being that I'm kind of distant from people anyhow, they usually end up with stronger emotional ties to the other person, and eventually the connection between the two of us dries up.

I'm not bitter or angry about any of that, though. ... When in a relationship, generally all I want is for the other person to be happy. If it's happiness with another person that they find, then so be it.

This also might explain why all of my previous relationships have ended in a similar way. >.>

Reactions: Free Mind
Been in one for a while now. So, yeah.

You just need to keep communicating...If you start to drift apart due to lack of it trouble can arise and the relationship can seem...Distant, and not really there. In some ways it can just be like any 'in real life' relationship. Just showing you care and that you're happy to listen and do your part to make it work and continue working.

Typing *kiss* over IM has nothing on a real kiss in person, IMO. So no... =P

Reactions: barbad0s
I try and stay away from absolute declarations since the Gods have a way of messing with you when you do---generally speaking, I would not want to be involved in a long distance relationship. I can barely sustain a here and now relationship when I choose to be in one. However the distance would be appealing in that you wouldn't have to be available all the time--however, that is my issue--so I couldn't say it would work well. I tend to push away too much as it is.

Depends. If there's a set time...I probably would (albeit fate has a tricky way to mess with you when that happens /GenreSavvi'ed).

Otherwise....hmm, the risk exponentially rises.

No, not again. ^^"" It might work for some people, but it isn't a plausible solution for me.

I'm (believe it or not) kind of considering it again. I haven't mentioned to the person that I like them, though.

Long-distance relationships work for me. I'm not comfortable with the way I look, but over the Net, that doesn't matter. I'm not terribly comfortable with my voice, but as long as I hook up with another internet native, I'll have no trouble communicating with them over the internet. The person I'm thinking of and I already share a hang-out space in the web.

It's just a matter of maintaining enough contact that we remember we're with one another. :p

But that's the fun part, I think. That's the best part. :D

Reactions: barbad0s
I am currently in a long-distance relationship and it's really hard in many ways. Money is an issue, but also time. You have to blend two person's different life schedules together to make it work. It need lots and lots of careful planning and huge amount of trust. This kind of relationship gives you much of space, though. For us, this is only a temporary solution. We are working hard to save money so we can see each other often before moving forward in the relationship level. Currently it's hard for me because I'm the jobless one in this relationship... We aren't actually living in the same country even... I'm not telling how far he lives, though! :D I freaking LOVE Skype, it's our life saver. Haha! It's not the same thing as really seeing the person physically in real life but at least it gives us a little bit hope. Some people might say that these kind of relationships aren't ''real''. I disagree. It's very real, since there are two people with real deep feelings in it. Two people of flesh and blood. Two people who are working so much as they can to make it work and alive. Only because he is not here, doesn't mean I don't love him or care about him. We have done few things together via Skype, even he isn't here or I'm not there, like watched movies together etc. I miss him so much...

One word though: If this won't work at some point anymore, I don't want a long-distance relationship ever again. Only if the guy is something above this universe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Free and rawr
If it was necessary because we were in a relationship already and one of us had to relocate, I would consider it. I wouldn't choose it up front because I don't think they last.