Why it sucks to be an INFJ | Page 25 | INFJ Forum

Why it sucks to be an INFJ

Feels like:

Always right, always wrong-footed, always misunderstood.
Always caring, helping - rarely cared for, helped.

giphy.gif

It sucks to be a INFJ. King of contradiction.

Don't care about my well-being much.But would do anything to make sure that anyone else is taken care of and happy to there hearts content.

Can give good advice/insight but can't take it from myself.

Sleep what is that.

Emotion steers this boat. Fall in and out of every relationship the coming is the first part of haveing to leave.

80%of minds activity goes unspoken while activity of mind runs 100%of time . Answering questions and questioning the answers .

Might seem bulletproof to the observer confident and put together. But quite the opposite is what's really going on. Master of disguise.

Has every people skill required to start a cult. But can't find it in him to start one due to the kryptonite_ empathy.

Over - goes in front of word
Over-critical , analytical , working, emotional,careing, bearing to self, thinking , generous, looked, burdened encumbered, planning, expecting, determination,interactive, recharge time, particular

Under- goes in front of word
Under constant pressure, hardly under stood, payed,played layed , spoken,estimated,
Scrutiny, noticed, arrest.. lol I digress with so many problems we do a damn good job appearing as if we have everything under control.. . I'm done, although I could keep going I'm practicing boundaries...( Pat's oneself on back then whisperers to self a encouraging ( Adda boy)a feeling comes over him of how unnessisary it is to have written this part ,moment of encouragement fades quickly as new thought of erasing this part begins . Short pause and then a chuckle. And another one and then turning to laughter. As he walks out door and heads to the tool shed.. yeah .. he's a odd fellow. The end..

Last edited:
I don't feel like it sucks to be an INFJ.
What sucks is others trying to fix me like I'm brokenly wrong because they have difficulty relating or understanding why I do the things I do in the ways I do them.
One of my favorite memes:
e5ebb5210527ebe6625ca0a6373fc357.jpg

Another thing that sucks is you can be correct, dead honest, and earnest about something important and a lot people won't believe you; they won't listen, won't care, nor even consider what you are telling them. Again, it has to do a lot with context. You are just not in the position a lot of times to be taken seriously. A lot of times, you just have to go with the flow and try not to let impending disasters and "train wrecks" bother you too much(even though you knew what was going to happen well ahead of time). Nobody cares.

...(and that's ok)

That sweet moment intuition blooms into premonition? Lol
Does anyone you've tried to warn prior give it to you when the result proves you called it early though? No, and that to me is beyond annoying given the level of disbelief I initially received lol

I can't sleep too, and well I think too much, all I know in my life tell me that I think too much, some really seem to care about me, others the majority not really...
and later I start to think that even the closest coworkers don't care about me, since they don't try to get in touch with me, and I think that the most we are missing are besties... we mistrust because we don't even trust ourselves, and so we shouldn't blame the others to feel mistrust even if subconsciously ...

I don't feel like it sucks to be an INFJ.
What sucks is others trying to fix me like I'm brokenly wrong because they have difficulty relating or understanding why I do the things I do in the ways I do them.
One of my favorite memes:
View attachment 73729
Nice . I agree I'm sure what you stated holds as a axiom to most.
. funny how we become the broken ones because we are different from the norm . We accept and care for others but rarely receive in return .
Is that just human nature these days . Is it a occurence with any MBTI type or is it really sorta geared specific to INFJ's. Idk but Ive been through that process more than I keep track of

..Then when I disappear to decompress, recharge, and collect myself, friends worry some think I don't like them anymore and are deliberately avoiding them .lol The more they nag the longer I isolate . I've lost friends because of this . Wow good friends

While being a INFJ has its gifts , it equally has its disadvantages. And a perfectionistic tendency and deep self critique pushes those disadvantages from being a minor inconvenience to a cataclysmic confrontation .lol self betterment being a ongoing process.

But it is exciting to read that you are that accepting of yourself Sandie. Nice inspiration, as self acceptance is
Something I'm in process of trying to achieve. I'lle get there one day .its kinda like having all the ingredients at hand but no recipe. Trial after trial, nope still not right needs something else I'll eventually make a tasty dish or settle for the shit one.

I didn't explicitly tell it, but I am accepting myself as infj too. Luckily I found out Frank James on youtube while as my usual browsing...
So I just found out that I am infj. I struggled to find a conventional word to define myself all my life, always being stranded and left by my self with the discomfort for accepting to be forever misunderstood or impossible to be understood or approached, never a right fit for any friend or place in the world, but you guys are real instead...
And this changes all my perspective about it.
Especially Frank James cheers up the mood a lot...

I didn't explicitly tell it, but I am accepting myself as infj too. Luckily I found out Frank James on youtube while as my usual browsing...
So I just found out that I am infj. I struggled to find a conventional word to define myself all my life, always being stranded and left by my self with the discomfort for accepting to be forever misunderstood or impossible to be understood or approached, never a right fit for any friend or place in the world, but you guys are real instead...
And this changes all my perspective about it.
Especially Frank James cheers up the mood a lot...

I like Frank James ..
Side note ..- drinking game - take a drink everytime he says abstract. You won't last..lol

Hope your experience on this forum is much more fulfilling than your description of current life. Hope you find people to relate and share ideology with.. good luck.

PS . You really won't last at that drinking game don't try it..

Reactions: sammy90
I like Frank James ..
Side note ..- drinking game - take a drink everytime he says abstract. You won't last..lol

Hope your experience on this forum is much more fulfilling than your description of current life. Hope you find people to relate and share ideology with.. good luck.

PS . You really won't last at that drinking game don't try it..
well I have been sharing my ideology with many virtual friends since forever so yeah this awareness Frank is giving to us all is to me a bonus and a really fantastic gift...

great analogy!
I often look at all the pieces in front of me and mix it up until it forms a palatable result ;)
its kinda like having all the ingredients at hand but no recipe.

*It hits home too because that is exactly how I cook food, really. I open the fridge and cupboard and assemble a meal. No recipes though I have many in books, lol.

well I have been sharing my ideology with many virtual friends since forever so yeah this awareness Frank is giving to us all is to me a bonus and a really fantastic gift...
Good to hear you have people to share with your thoughts.

great analogy!
I often look at all the pieces in front of me and mix it up until it forms a palatable result ;)

*It hits home too because that is exactly how I cook food, really. I open the fridge and cupboard and assemble a meal. No recipes though I have many in books, lol.
That's great that you actually cookin that manner. I am the same . Although not always a palatable result sadlyヽ༼⁰o⁰;༽ノ ,but interesting to say the least..
Thanks Sandie
I'm glad you resonated with that little bit of word play ,or atleast that it produced a smile .. (•‿•) pass it on..
Have a great day.. see ya around

Reactions: Sandie33
Good to hear you have people to share with your thoughts.
I might say more for the topic sake, such as that now I am 30, single and maybe loved, maybe from an ENFP who knows I will find out, and that I currently with a job, which I don't totally like, I wouldn't marry this job I mean, and so on... so I am normal sane person, average in most things I mean not really normal but among us yes I am neither such a healthy INFJ nor a complete junky, but maybe in the midway(if not more on the unhealthy point)... But I must admit it, I have been in the deep shit bottom of the well and suffering, maybe I would have lost completely my self if it wasn't for some spiritual guidance I "casually" found on my way...
But I realize that it doesn't necessarily mean anything for anybody else... I mean each one is a different guy and we need different guidance... but I can totally be sure of losing my mind, I would have had madness episodes to cool down very very promptly and maybe antidepressives and stuff... money to spend for mental sanity and those kind of stuff which I don't criticize but I would never recommend, and I luckily never ever needed in the end...
so yeah looking at my back, effffing yeah that mostly infj life sucks...