Why it sucks to be an INFJ | Page 24 | INFJ Forum

Why it sucks to be an INFJ

Yes, which test did you ask them to take? Some tests have a high mistyping rate, although I don't doubt your relationship with them.
I don't remember. I think that the first time you take the test, the most likely you receive an accurate result as there is no bias for a particular type (my friends had never heard of mbti before). And they agreed with their result.

Why does it suck to be a supposedly common type?
1) People subconsciously believe you don't deserve as much, at least in online communities, because you are understood or accepted in real life, compared to mysterious INFJs that are unique and special and broken.
2) People think they understand you. But the most common types are the most misunderstood. What do you know of ESTJs through type descriptions, as compared to INFJs? When you search threads, posts related to ESTJs, how many of them come up, as compared to an INFJ's? Think there's nothing much to an ESTJ, it's too simple. Well, you may be right, but has anyone thoroughly looked through and analysed their thought processes? Is an ESFP vain? I certainly don't think so. They know a lot.
3) Being human sucks. Circumstances sucks. How you deal with it sucks. Because some other supposedly common type deals with it seemingly effectively, it doesn't suck. Or because they brought it upon themselves, instead of being natural empaths.
4) No one's interested lol. You're just an ordinary human lol. ISTJ forum, anyone? Nah, hell nah. They are boring. Too boring. Go back to your office, ISTJ.
I think the average person has no idea about the MBTI. . it amazes me that even in the therapeutic(mental health professionals) community, very few actually know their type. .

Why does it suck to be a supposedly common type?
1) People subconsciously believe you don't deserve as much, at least in online communities, because you are understood or accepted in real life, compared to mysterious INFJs that are unique and special and broken.
2) People think they understand you. But the most common types are the most misunderstood. What do you know of ESTJs through type descriptions, as compared to INFJs? When you search threads, posts related to ESTJs, how many of them come up, as compared to an INFJ's? Think there's nothing much to an ESTJ, it's too simple. Well, you may be right, but has anyone thoroughly looked through and analysed their thought processes? Is an ESFP vain? I certainly don't think so. They know a lot.
3) Being human sucks. Circumstances sucks. How you deal with it sucks. Because some other supposedly common type deals with it seemingly effectively, it doesn't suck. Or because they brought it upon themselves, instead of being natural empaths.
4) No one's interested lol. You're just an ordinary human lol. ISTJ forum, anyone? Nah, hell nah. They are boring. Too boring. Go back to your office, ISTJ.
I suspect the truth is that most types have a heathy disinterest in over analysing themselves lol. The reason there's so much psychoblather about INFJs is that we wallow in it, so the web sites get loads of attention, and that draws in some other types as well out of curiosity - it's like going to the zoo maybe ;). I guess the apparent scarcity of INFJs is another factor - whether the figures are accurate I don't know, but only once or twice in my life have I met a real life INFJ person, and I'm 70. It's a rather special experience coming onto a forum like this and finding that there are others with a similar way of relating to the world. In most social settings, we are having to work hard to fit in, while the others there are in their native element.

I find that I actually really enjoy sensing types. Some of my favorite people are ESFJ, ESTP and ISTJ (I asked them to take a test online that's how I know their types). Not boring at all. But people do tend to focus on themselves and I also think most people are shit at typing others.
Very much agree. A lot of the guys I met working for the British Antarctic Survey were ISTPs and they were really good, easy company, gifted practically and extremely adaptable to unexpected situations.

I think the average person has no idea about the MBTI. . it amazes me that even in the therapeutic(mental health professionals) community, very few actually know their type. .
Yeah, it also depends on the systems they use. For the basic Myers Briggs one I think it's pretty easy to change your type due to the descriptions for each letter. If you look at it as it is, your preferences can literally change.
For socionics and original Jung, where they look at brain processes, I think type can be fixed.

Reactions: Sandie33
I suspect the truth is that most types have a heathy disinterest in over analysing themselves lol. The reason there's so much psychoblather about INFJs is that we wallow in it, so the web sites get loads of attention, and that draws in some other types as well out of curiosity - it's like going to the zoo maybe ;). I guess the apparent scarcity of INFJs is another factor - whether the figures are accurate I don't know, but only once or twice in my life have I met a real life INFJ person, and I'm 70. It's a rather special experience coming onto a forum like this and finding that there are others with a similar way of relating to the world. In most social settings, we are having to work hard to fit in, while the others there are in their native element.

Very much agree. A lot of the guys I met working for the British Antarctic Survey were ISTPs and they were really good, easy company, gifted practically and extremely adaptable to unexpected situations.

That is possible as well. I don't think people have a disinterest in overanalysing themselves though, quite a few people I met actually like being analysed : P ( @Gray )
I agree, ISTPs are fucking cool.

That is possible as well. I don't think people have a disinterest in overanalysing themselves though, quite a few people I met actually like being analysed : P ( @Gray )
I agree, ISTPs are fucking cool.
VIBE the actual genuine way to my heart is by correctly analysing my behaviour xd

also ISTPs are cool but ur the coolest kyledge

That is possible as well. I don't think people have a disinterest in overanalysing themselves though, quite a few people I met actually like being analysed : P
Lol yes — I was exaggerating a little to make the point. As a type INFJs seem to pursue self analysis to a significantly greater degree than other types. This is reflected in the online sites and resources available.

Being INJF results in never sleeping, over thinking, over caring, getting burnt by other INFJ's then getting sick and dying young.. An all round excellent life. I hope you guys get out of it with the least suffering possible :) I myself have finally almost reached the age 50, haven't slept before 4am in 35 years and have had chronic illness the entire time :0. It's been a rough ride.

Yes you are right in that, we don't really know who we are, only through self actualization and development we can understand our self. When the acceptance of our self begins then we become free in our mind

Upon noticing how important this is, I also had to learn how many other people fear it and don't want to. However they won't say that, Ive either been met with complete avoidance of the discussion, or "You think to much, just be you." Lol

It sucks being an INFJ because you start out with no personality, no filter, no protection. You just take everything in plain, unfiltered, and raw. When you start to develop Fe, it sucks, because there are no hard-fast rules to Fe. It's paying attention to what everyone else likes, and you got to filter all of that crazy Ni-sh*t out [to where people can understand it and can accept it]. But I must say there is a spectrum of benefit to this: a) on the "ethical" side you can get away with a lot stuff that others wouldn't be able to because you learn to have a good understanding of "context". Nothing, and I mean nothing, is completely 100% good or bad or 100% right or wrong - it's just what works and fits in particular contexts that matters. And on the far other end of the spectrum of benefit b) you can do the most good in certain situations that others are too afraid (or stuck up their own asses) to do. You can be a shining example, at times, demonstrating how to behave, how to do something right, or how to bear the burden of certain problems and situations[especially the ones where there are no clear answers to how to get it right.]

This is why it is so important to develop a firewall of some kind or another to filter the shit of this world so one doesn't end up absorbing it all like a sponge. Dealing with the usual types is difficult for reasons like this especially in the social hell where relationships have degraded so significantly.

Another thing that sucks is you can be correct, dead honest, and earnest about something important and a lot people won't believe you; they won't listen, won't care, nor even consider what you are telling them. Again, it has to do a lot with context. You are just not in the position a lot of times to be taken seriously. A lot of times, you just have go with the flow and try not to let impending disasters and "train wrecks" bother you too much(even though you knew what was going to happen well ahead of time). Nobody cares.

...(and that's ok)

The plight of N types in general especially Ni where if it isn't like a block of concrete it isn't real.

It sucks being an INFJ because you start out with no personality, no filter, no protection. You just take everything in plain, unfiltered, and raw. When you start to develop Fe, it sucks, because there are no hard-fast rules to Fe. It's paying attention to what everyone else likes, and you got to filter all of that crazy Ni-sh*t out [to where people can understand it and can accept it]. But I must say there is a spectrum of benefit to this: a) on the "ethical" side you can get away with a lot stuff that others wouldn't be able to because you learn to have a good understanding of "context". Nothing, and I mean nothing, is completely 100% good or bad or 100% right or wrong - it's just what works and fits in particular contexts that matters. And on the far other end of the spectrum of benefit b) you can do the most good in certain situations that others are too afraid (or stuck up their own asses) to do. You can be a shining example, at times, demonstrating how to behave, how to do something right, or how to bear the burden of certain problems and situations[especially the ones where there are no clear answers to how to get it right.]
I really agree that there is no 100% right or wrong. And everything is a probability of more viable and less viable. Or progressive,, digressive plus right or wrong is only truly held with reasoning to the individual. There are similarities in diverse people of thinking patterns or belief but think about if you were alone and no others had a influence on you. What would you think then.. ideas are replicators that get passed down the way we are forced in some aspect to have the mindset of right ,wrong because we are social beings that need laws to threaten punishment for harmful or digressive behavior affecting our fellow humans. but those beings have little or no empathy and will be deplorable and parasitic none the less. Your understanding context is resonate with me too . I think that is a good conception to link context with the reasoning part of right, wrong, good, bad .. well I am done or I will keep writing and discuss to many different branches of topic..just wanted to say in a long and tangled way that I agree with you ..job done clocking out..