Why do people believe in MBTI even with no evidence? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Why do people believe in MBTI even with no evidence?

What confuses me is that my MBTI type changes. The most recent times I did the test I got ISFJ. The description of ISFJ suits me. Though I thought the same about INFJ. So now I don't know which type I am. Confusing.

Ni and Si are very different functions to lead with, so if you determine which one you use, your type should be pretty clear.

ISFJs and INFJs share a lot of commonality in practice but operate quite differently.

During times of stress you can begin to shift your type away into opposite territory, in effect. This part is pretty contentious/debatable but essentially type isn't solidly rigid and also tests are flawed in many ways. It's best to just understand what cognitive function you lead with and go from there.

Ni and Si are very different functions to lead with, so if you determine which one you use, your type should be pretty clear.

ISFJs and INFJs share a lot of commonality in practice but operate quite differently.

During times of stress you can begin to shift your type away into opposite territory, in effect. This part is pretty contentious/debatable but essentially type isn't solidly rigid and also tests are flawed in many ways. It's best to just understand what cognitive function you lead with and go from there.

Thanks Wyote. That helps. And yes the last few years have been stressful...my type probably did shift.

MBTI seems to be basically just analyzing how One thinks: deductive, inductive, divergent, convergent, linear. So wouldn’t it simpler to say: I prefer this kind of thinking rather than have a cognitive function mess.