Why America can't have nice things... | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

Why America can't have nice things...

It sounds to me like everybody is being condescending.
I am not a stupid little girl who naively only sees the half truth...

Its not 'JUST' a dream. And to be honest its dreams and visions that form reality at least mine and without them my life would be purposeless. Secondly, IT IS NOT Hollywood and the fancy life that attracts me to USA. I can repeat it over and over but none of you will accept it anyway, it seems.

Shai thinks I'm a fucking idiot. My mother's fiance was here the other day and he was disturbed by that I love it and called it a distorted perception. He also said that I need to be sent over for a month to have a reality check. Everyone keeps doubting me all the time, honestly whats wrong with everyone.

I WAS IN USA last summer!! 3 of those weeks were spent out in nowhere in a place called Vincennes in INDIANA. There I fell inlove with Walmart, and the small communities, starbucks, the big cars, the acceptance, THE FREEDOM and the friendlyness - and that is a hell of a good reality to me and not a dream.

Maybe we'll have the chance to meet someday :D

Aah that would be really lovely haha. What programme are you applying to? :)

Last edited:

Its not 'JUST' a dream. And to be honest its dreams and visions that form reality at least mine and without them my life would be purposeless. Secondly, IT IS NOT Hollywood and the fancy life that attracts me to USA. I can repeat it over and over but none of you will accept it anyway, it seems.

Shai thinks I'm a fucking idiot. My mother's fiance was here the other day and he was disturbed by that I love it and called it a distorted perception. He also said that I need to be sent over for a month to have a reality check. Everyone keeps doubting me all the time, honestly whats wrong with everyone.

I WAS IN USA last summer!! 3 of those weeks were spent out in nowhere in a place called Vincennes in INDIANA. There I fell inlove with Walmart, and the small communities, starbucks, the big cars, THE FREEDOM and the friendlyness - and that is a hell of a good reality to me and not a dream.

There are lots of reasons to love America, and there's nothing wrong with doing so.

That being said:"There I fell inlove with THE FREEDOM"

lolwutsp3.jpg

I WAS IN USA last summer!! 3 of those weeks were spent out in nowhere in a place called Vincennes in INDIANA. There I fell inlove with Walmart, and the small communities, starbucks, the big cars, the acceptance, THE FREEDOM and the friendlyness - and that is a hell of a good reality to me and not a dream.

Frankly, I think everyone here is likely over-idealizing some other countries: those whose governments and cultural shortcomings they don't have to deal with.
When someone starts talking about how great the U.S. is, I am inclined to start bringing up what's wrong with the country. But if that person is visiting from Somalia, I really shouldn't, because regardless of the issues we have, it's fair to say that it is a "great" country compared to most others. I don't know much about what it's like in Sweden, except that the welfare system is digging its own grave, while on the upside, religious oppression of freedoms is basically nonexistent. But I wouldn't be surprised if many people in the U.S. would find moving to Europe very refreshing.

In short, this is a highly subjective question.

Frankly, I think everyone here is likely over-idealizing some other countries: those whose governments and cultural shortcomings they don't have to deal with.
When someone starts talking about how great the U.S. is, I am inclined to start bringing up what's wrong with the country. But if that person is visiting from Somalia, I really shouldn't, because regardless of the issues we have, it's fair to say that it is a "great" country compared to most others. I don't know much about what it's like in Sweden, except that the welfare system is digging its own grave, while on the upside, religious oppression of freedoms is basically nonexistent. But I wouldn't be surprised if many people in the U.S. would find moving to Europe very refreshing.

In short, this is a highly subjective question.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MOHICAN!!! ^^
Sweden is going to suffer in the nearest future. Obviously we don't always appreciate what we have, instead we tend to look down on it. Just like someone with curly hair hates it and wants straight and the other way around.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MOHICAN!!! ^^
Sweden is going to suffer in the nearest future. Obviously we don't always appreciate what we have, instead we tend to look down on it. Just like someone with curly hair hates it and wants straight and the other way around.

I can agree with you on the fact that scandinavian people are not very friendly, with possibly Denmark as the exception.

Don't say what I think unless you know, and you don't.

I based it on the fact that you called me an idiot.

Anyway who are you, an AUSTRALIAN, to even have an OPINION on what me, a girl in Sweden, thinks about USA?

Its not a long time, but it was enough. Way more than enough to see whether my love for usa was fantasy...

HAHA! This is great! One of my best friends lives in Vincennes :) And it is quite a nice place, although I'm sure they'll be able to tell you all the bad things about it.

And I know what you mean, don't worry. Having spent a year in the Netherlands, I'm very familiar with the ups and downs to both -- in America, people seem to have more drive and more hospitality. Yeah, a lot of us are ignorant or capitalist bastards -- but we care more, it seems. People try hard here.

There's some things you won't like here after a while, that's for sure. But that's the way it is anywhere. If you find some people to connect with here, then you won't have too much to miss, for the most part. In reality, America has a lot of comfortable aspects for many people.

And I'm thinking about studying Psychology or Telecommunications. I'm thinking about either IU, BSU, or possibly a school in Chicago... I'm not sure yet, though. I think my mom wants me to go to somewhere more specific and/or prestigious, but I don't think I care much for that :/

HAHA! This is great! One of my best friends lives in Vincennes :) And it is quite a nice place, although I'm sure they'll be able to tell you all the bad things about it.

Haha its an amazing place :m054: Wow its so simple and casual yet so special in its ways.

And I know what you mean, don't worry. Having spent a year in the Netherlands, I'm very familiar with the ups and downs to both -- in America, people seem to have more drive and more hospitality. Yeah, a lot of us are ignorant or capitalist bastards -- but we care more, it seems. People try hard here.

I so agree with you on the care, drive and hospitality, it is alot more welcoming, which alot of Europe lacks.

There's some things you won't like here after a while, that's for sure. But that's the way it is anywhere. If you find some people to connect with here, then you won't have too much to miss, for the most part. In reality, America has a lot of comfortable aspects for many people.

Definetly, I don't deny that at all :) I probably will e.g. complain about the health care just like everyone else when I have to pay for it, because right now its free over here.

And I'm thinking about studying Psychology or Telecommunications. I'm thinking about either IU, BSU, or possibly a school in Chicago... I'm not sure yet, though. I think my mom wants me to go to somewhere more specific and/or prestigious, but I don't think I care much for that :/

Sweet, I'm thinking psychology or neurology at IU :). One downside is the costs for going to university in my opinion!!! Its EXTREMELY expensive for out of state and international studens as opposed to residents. Ah you should follow your wish, don't let your mother decide. Typically, the english focus on the prestigous over anything else else.

Three weeks is tourist time, not real seeing the nation time.
I wouldn't resort to credentials; that's a battle you will lose.
I've been here for eighteen years, and I'm at least moderately happy with the US.
I definitely wouldn't want to live anywhere else, at the moment.

You actually managed to pick one of the more awesome places in the US to visit, Pristinegirl, I love the Midwest.

Last edited:
I wouldn't resort to credentials; that's a battle you will lose.
I've been here for eighteen years, and I'm at least moderate happy with the US.
I definitely wouldn't want to live anywhere else, at the moment.

You actually managed to pick one of the more awesome places in the US to visit, Pristinegirl, I love the Midwest.

Oh yes the midwest rocks!! Wow now I'm curious 18 years ;o how did you get there and from where? :D

SHIIIT! haha. You're one of the first Americans I've heard say they are at least moderately satisfied. Glad you love it too though ^^
I have plenty of reasons to be dissatisfied with the US.
That being said, I think it is the greatest place to live in the world.
That being said... far from perfect.

awwwww that is exactly how I feel.
That being said, perfectly summarised Ben!
I've been trying to say that for so long but it always turns out as a long and complicated text that is often missunderstood ! ^^

Last edited:
Oh yes the midwest rocks!! Wow now I'm curious 18 years ;o how did you get there and from where? :D

You remind me of a French woman I once new who was obsessed with he US.

She realllly liked the United States I found it a tad confusing but hey I'll take a complement from a European any day.

Personally I think the US is about the same as an other country in the grand total of things.

Why is it that nations must have a popularity contest anyway?

:m197:

The Midwest is flat and humid. Come over to the Pacific North west the best part of the country.lol We have mountains and actually have good scenery

And yes I lived in the mid west for two years. Indainpapolis Indiana. Its a huge city but I would pick Seattle Wa as fair as big cities go.

I'm in Spokane , WA for reference.

And I'll be the first to admit we all think the grass is greener else where.

But yes I'm not happy with the USA. At least not right now.

You remind me of a French woman I once new who was obsessed with he US.

She realllly liked the United States I found it a tad confusing but hey I'll take a complement from a European any day.

I'm actually half french ;D I'm not a European, I'm more of a wannabe American!!

The Midwest is flat and humid. Come over to the Pacific North west the best part of the country.lol We have mountains and actually have good scenery

And yes I lived in the mid west for two years. Indainpapolis Indiana. Its a huge city but I would pick Seattle Wa as fair as big cities go.

I'm in Spokane , WA for reference.

And I'll be the first to admit we all think the grass is greener else where.

But yes I'm not happy with the USA. At least not right now.

Oh so I've heard, it must be beautiful. There is actually a place called Ocean shores in WA which I would love to visit.

NZ > US
Posted via Mobile Device