Who were you in another life? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Who were you in another life?

[MENTION=4855]JGirl[/MENTION] and [MENTION=407]Soulful[/MENTION]

Yes, I'm not sure how the math works with it either. I've started doing this thing where I have been telling myself before I go to sleep at night that I want to dream about past lives. But whenever I do that, in my dreams I am simultaneously male and female and in first and third person. I don't know what to make of that.

I once dreamt I was a power ranger.

Then I woke up and realized that was a cool dream.

/thread

@JGirl and @Soulful

Yes, I'm not sure how the math works with it either. I've started doing this thing where I have been telling myself before I go to sleep at night that I want to dream about past lives. But whenever I do that, in my dreams I am simultaneously male and female and in first and third person. I don't know what to make of that.

Wow.
I'm completely impressed by your ability to engage with your subconscious.
As confusing as that must be, it sounds cool! I wonder if in time it will come to make sense. Perhaps it will straighten itself out or bits and pieces will start to fit together. I wonder what would happen if, before you went to sleep, you told yourself that you want to dream about past lives AND understand your dreams clearly/accurately. You seem to have a fairly established connection to your subconscious... could work?

I have heard this recommendation before, to ask for something before going to sleep as to receive it in the dream-state. I don't usually retain memory of my dreams upon waking, so I might see if I can go about another way of connecting with my past. I wonder if it will have to come through cognaizance to add to what I know. I'd like to have succinct and complete pictures and knowledge of details.

What do you gals/guys hope to gain from knowing about your past lives?

Wow.
I'm completely impressed by your ability to engage with your subconscious.
As confusing as that must be, it sounds cool! I wonder if in time it will come to make sense. Perhaps it will straighten itself out or bits and pieces will start to fit together. I wonder what would happen if, before you went to sleep, you told yourself that you want to dream about past lives AND understand your dreams clearly/accurately. You seem to have a fairly established connection to your subconscious... could work?

I have heard this recommendation before, to ask for something before going to sleep as to receive it in the dream-state. I don't usually retain memory of my dreams upon waking, so I might see if I can go about another way of connecting with my past. I wonder if it will have to come through cognaizance to add to what I know. I'd like to have succinct and complete pictures and knowledge of details.

What do you gals/guys hope to gain from knowing about your past lives?

My subconscious is very, very active in my sleep. I have a lot of very vivid and intense dreams. I have practiced with asking for things in my sleep before and usually if it's important or something that I am really working through IRL it will always show up in some form in my dream state.

Dreaming of being a different gender or in the first or third person is not new for me but to have it all happen simultaneous and experience all those states of being at the same time has been fascinating for me. Though after a few of those dreams, I am again not sleeping well and so most of my dreams are fragmented and scattered now. I think I need a break from trying to explore this.

You can try to access information about your past lives (apparently) through meditation. There are several methods you can find online. I found some on youtube myself.

I still don't know what I think or feel about past lives but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway just to see what comes of it.

all i know is that i'm not new. i'm pretty sure i met Jesus, and i was French at one time.

also, i am so done with this place. enjoy me while you can. i ain't comin' back (unless i'm heavily bribed).

i had this reocurring dream way back when I was in my friends neighborhood but all the houses had friggen shelobs crawling out of them.

i am thus convinced my past life was a nowadays frodo baggins, who, like me, was scared shitless of large ass spiders crawling out of houses and eating your brainssss.

Reactions: hush
I dunno, but I'm pretty sure I'll be Finn from Adventure Time in my next life.

Turns out I was Inigo Montoya.

No one ever claims to be someone who is boring or not famous. That is why I cant believe in this stuff.

I was a peasant farmer until I died of the plague once. Now do you believe!? ;P

I am pretty sure I was a big savage cat hunting in the wilderness in a past life.

A whale. Either a grey or a blue.

Reactions: Odyne
A Roman legionary soldier. Marching in the black forrest. Freezing his balls off hating Germania, hating that I was away from my family and lover, but happy to rape and pillage with impunity. :)

Reactions: bionic
I am pretty sure I was a big savage cat hunting in the wilderness in a past life.

For some reason I always imagine a tiger when I see your username... odd (I speculate it's probably due to your choice words/ pictures in your blog).

Anyway, I'd guess that I was some long deceased poet who never gained any fame or notoriety.
(To clarify, I don't believe in multiple lives - this is a more an "if I did" post)

Last edited:
I personally don't believe we have other lives. But, if we did, I'd say I probably was in the navy or air force during World War II, and worked in a hangar. Or something similar but during the Cold War. At one time I lived in France.

I don't believe in this, but if I did I would just hope I was happy, and fulfilled my purpose of making others happy.

A very small feather, from some indistinct bird. The bird has flown with an absolute purpose, but of course no one has noticed.

I do and don't believe. There's no evidence, there's no logic, there's simply not much... except for some a fairly strong sense of something along these lines. I usually never admit this irl, as a result; it may just be another fluke of the brain we cannot fathom.
Going with the thread, I believe I have lived many past lives, and I have remnants of my grandmother. I don't know how that would work, as she died when I was a young teen... but I barely knew her, and I have many -odd- affectations of hers without any prompting. As for my other selves, I'm still trying to delve into myself to find little answers. I was pretty much a nobody, and I think I've been all over the place. Maybe even another animal(s). I do quite like a coelcanth.

I wonder if this is a choice; between "worlds" do we decide to come back? Are we required to, for some reason(s)? It's fun to think about all this could entail... but if this really is a choice, I have a feeling I took the wrong path.

I do and don't believe. There's no evidence, there's no logic, there's simply not much... except for some a fairly strong sense of something along these lines. I usually never admit this irl, as a result; it may just be another fluke of the brain we cannot fathom.
Going with the thread, I believe I have lived many past lives, and I have remnants of my grandmother. I don't know how that would work, as she died when I was a young teen... but I barely knew her, and I have many -odd- affectations of hers without any prompting. As for my other selves, I'm still trying to delve into myself to find little answers. I was pretty much a nobody, and I think I've been all over the place. Maybe even another animal(s). I do quite like a coelcanth.

I wonder if this is a choice; between "worlds" do we decide to come back? Are we required to, for some reason(s)? It's fun to think about all this could entail... but if this really is a choice, I have a feeling I took the wrong path.

My first thought after reading this was: Well....if it is a choice....just think....you'll get another chance next life time.

From what I've read - there is no wrong path. Just missed opportunities.

I imagine it like this:

I choose to reincarnate into this life to learn the lessons I've set for myself. What happens to me when there is war - illness - environmental catastrophes such as abuse or volcanoes? If I'm killed prematurely - damaged by mental trauma - mental illness - then I'll be back again - right?

When I consider a few perspectives such as: we are of God - or God is within us - or we are of Consciousness itself creating itself - or we are buddhas in training to learn how to create other worlds - the visual image of the yin yang symbol pops into my mind. From chaos comes something.... and then something is destroyed by chaos so the process can morph into something new. How can one create worlds without destroying something in the process? This is evident as characterized by nature all around us. Everything is in the process of being destroyed to turn into something new. Even my body is constantly dying - falling apart - dealing with chaos - and rebuilding.

The act of destruction involves rending which usually leads to pain. In my mind - I am here to know and understand the Pain of Chaos. Why does it exist? What is it's purpose? How does it control my life? Whenever I run from it - avoid it - I am missing an opportunity to do this.