Who were you in another life? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Who were you in another life?

And you rocked red skirts, with boat-neck nautical striped blouses, spending endless weekends cruising on your yacht.

It was a different time back then...

that queen who you were in a past life was probably also the enneagram you are, 8w9, and your mbti type, your thinking pattern, etc. essentially, it was everything you are now, except your unique experiences of this life. your/her motivations, thought processes, were the same, except you were raised in a different environment and had a different upbringing/reality-tunnel. the mold was the same, but the matter is different.

though, like you're implying, the past is the past, to learn from, and its good to keep it there to avoid regressing. good to see the mistakes of past lives, and current lives, to improve upon them. even if its all imagination.

You have an interesting point... but I don't think MBTI and Enneagram has anything to do with it. Life is life and outside of these forums, all these personality theories don't have as much weight (unless you're a Social Psychologist, etc) so I really don't feel comfortable associating theories with a spiritual experience. It just doesn't feel as organic if I try to analyze it to bits. I simply know that I'm DEFINITELY not that woman in my past life and it was enough of an experience for me to understand where I came from. For all I know, my soul may be recycled again and the next life after me will experience MY life as their past life and they will have to choose whether or not they want to understand what I went through. Then the cycle continues...

Yeah.. it was a pretty crazy experience. The guide also told me that I have no obstacles from my past life that are in my current one... so that was a nice relief. I've never read that book... but it sounds interesting! There is an Italian tradition in Stregheria (Italian Witchcraft) that there are pockets of "soul families" and they are all intertwined and you meet those "family members" in your personal relations. A lot like the book in some ways... but usually they're members of your current circle.

There are a lot of theories about souls incarnating in groups and at one point when I was watching shows about mediums they generally seemed to agree on that being the case. I have a friend who swears their ex-parner was their child in a previous life and that this friend of mine is always somehow taking care of them. Personally I think it's entirely possible and have had a very strong experience of having been with my husband before. We were an "old couple" from the start like the two oldtimers that walk hand in hand still after 50 years of marriage. More like "So where have you been? I was waiting for you to show up." That's my experience of it. I think it's always conjecture and theory before you have a strong personal experience of something. After that the thing in question seems natural and very un- supernatural. ;D

I have been me in previous lives. The same person I am now just a different period of time. As far as the people in my life. Some of us have known and loved each other through many lifetimes and we will meet again and again.

[MENTION=5224]Sadie[/MENTION]
That's a good way of putting it. If you don't so much identify with your current physical circumstance then you are you despite manifestation in form. ;D Like the Zen koan asking what your face was like before your parents were born. What is you? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always believed that in my former life I used to belong to British nobility or the gentry. I have no idea...I almost feel a longing for the past, a wistful sweetness. I sometimes feel very anachronistic.

I have been me in previous lives. The same person I am now just a different period of time. As far as the people in my life. Some of us have known and loved each other through many lifetimes and we will meet again and again.

+1 This!

@Sadie
That's a good way of putting it. If you don't so much identify with your current physical circumstance then you are you despite manifestation in form. ;D Like the Zen koan asking what your face was like before your parents were born. What is you? :)

+1 and This!

Once I finally realized the full implications of this way of thinking - it became so much easier to let go of the losses in my life. It became so much easier to grieve - to cry for the losses - accept my pain - then move forward - healed. I know I'll see them again and again until I've learned and gained wisdom.

It almost resembles the Christian way of believing you will meet your loved ones in Heaven after you die.

I will meet my loved ones after I die. And whether it's in Heaven or not depends upon our actions here on this earth. Do we - or do we not - have the ability to create a heaven on earth?

[MENTION=2578]Kgal[/MENTION] I'm reading Meister Eckhart, a famous German Christian mystic and he speaks a lot about laying your own will aside and thus enabling God's will to act in you. To empty yourself of desires for yourself and letting God's desire manifest in you. (It's actually very similiar to buddhist thought of ridding the mind of it's fetters to let your buddha nature "shine through" so to speak...and the taoist non-doing also sounds similiar to this.) I suppose if we were to let God's will happen through us it would be heaven on earth. ;D

To be full of things is to be empty of God. To be empty of things is to be full of God.

What a man takes in by contemplation, that he pours out in love.

Whoever possesses God in their being has Him in a divine manner, and He shines out to them in all things; for them all things taste of God and in all things it is God's image that they see.

What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.

Meister Eckhart

@Kgal I'm reading Meister Eckhart, a famous German Christian mystic and he speaks a lot about laying your own will aside and thus enabling God's will to act in you. To empty yourself of desires for yourself and letting God's desire manifest in you. (It's actually very similiar to buddhist thought of ridding the mind of it's fetters to let your buddha nature "shine through" so to speak...and the taoist non-doing also sounds similiar to this.) I suppose if we were to let God's will happen through us it would be heaven on earth. ;D

To be full of things is to be empty of God. To be empty of things is to be full of God.

What a man takes in by contemplation, that he pours out in love.

Whoever possesses God in their being has Him in a divine manner, and He shines out to them in all things; for them all things taste of God and in all things it is God's image that they see.

What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.

Meister Eckhart

Yes! Shedding one's ego and letting our buddha nature shine through. This is my personal method of practice at the moment.
Recently I took a trip of discovery and adventure. Before I stepped on the plane I told myself "I am an empty cup. Let the universe fill it with whatever it thinks I need". And so even though I had planned some events and places to experience - I met people who gave me insight and suggestions. Whenever this happened - I took their advice - and had the most extraordinary experiences! Possibly the most joyful was the fact that everyone I met was nice, kind, wonderful, and wanted me to me live there with them. :)
This is significant to me - considering I went there specifically to see if I wanted to move there. Now how cool is that!

btw: your signature made me laugh and laugh. soooo creative. i particularly like the part about the listener will explode if they hear it repeated 10 times in a row. i'm going to copy/paste and send it my best friend who is an aficionado of monty python movies. she will laugh so hard she'll snort. :tongue:

I have a nagging feeling that I was English puritan. Or possibly an Irish lass or Victorian young woman in Jane Austen's era, or an African-American slave in US colonial history in the 18th century or a butterfly with a clipped wing :D

I am not sure if we have past lives or not; I'm simply open to the possibility as an explanation for some of the experiences we have.

I have one persona which is particularly stong, and which I've learned to be very careful with, cuz he can take on a life of his own. I call him the smoking man. He is a writer and a skeptic, wears black, and likes to sit at outdoor cafes wear he chainsmokes, watches people, and writes his novels. He poses as integrity, but if I'm not careful, he will destroy my hope and meaning in life.

If repetitive dreams are a clue, then I'd have to say I was a Jew during Krystalnacht. Because passivity then resulted in our deaths, I'm strongly motivated to fight back this time around.

I suppose it is possible that they are the same person.

Yes! Shedding one's ego and letting our buddha nature shine through. This is my personal method of practice at the moment.
Recently I took a trip of discovery and adventure. Before I stepped on the plane I told myself "I am an empty cup. Let the universe fill it with whatever it thinks I need". And so even though I had planned some events and places to experience - I met people who gave me insight and suggestions. Whenever this happened - I took their advice - and had the most extraordinary experiences! Possibly the most joyful was the fact that everyone I met was nice, kind, wonderful, and wanted me to me live there with them. :)
This is significant to me - considering I went there specifically to see if I wanted to move there. Now how cool is that!

btw: your signature made me laugh and laugh. soooo creative. i particularly like the part about the listener will explode if they hear it repeated 10 times in a row. i'm going to copy/paste and send it my best friend who is an aficionado of monty python movies. she will laugh so hard she'll snort. :tongue:
Thanks. ;D I love Monty Python and we say Ni alot here. I haven't gotten any shrubberies yet though... ;D I didn't write the description. I was lazy... just couldn't fit the reference because of the shortage of space. It's from here: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_who_say_Ni :)

I think that exercise is a really great one. I have done similar type of things. sometimes I take a walk to see where it takes me, using my intuition to feel out the way. Just for fun. I think being open to anything you break from the tiny habitual personality it's easy to get trapped into, whereas in truth there is a treasury of knowledge and enlightenment all around us when one opens up to it and seeks it. :)

I am not sure if we have past lives or not; I'm simply open to the possibility as an explanation for some of the experiences we have.

I have one persona which is particularly stong, and which I've learned to be very careful with, cuz he can take on a life of his own. I call him the smoking man. He is a writer and a skeptic, wears black, and likes to sit at outdoor cafes wear he chainsmokes, watches people, and writes his novels. He poses as integrity, but if I'm not careful, he will destroy my hope and meaning in life.

If repetitive dreams are a clue, then I'd have to say I was a Jew during Krystalnacht. Because passivity then resulted in our deaths, I'm strongly motivated to fight back this time around.

I suppose it is possible that they are the same person.

That's very powerful. Have you ever considered going to the actual historic location? ...Or do you think he's had his turn and now it's this manifestation. :)
I'm kind of ambivalent about the use for past life experiences. I suppose they are like memories going farther than usual and may explain some circumstance in the present in beneficial a way. I don't know what to make of them. How to use them in a way that is beneficial to the present now? Then again if they shed light to current habits, attitudes and wants I guess they can bring more understanding to the mechanisms of what shapes our consciousness.. ??? :)

The "What/who were you in a past life" thread

Figured this would be interesting and worth a thread.

Post who you think/feel/know you were?

Feel free to participate even if you don't believe in reincarnations. It will be fun :)

Yesterday after watching Cloud Atlas (totally recommended) i was looking at myself in the mirror. Shortly after i went to lay down on the bed, to process the movie and the last few days. All of a sudden i started seeing a bunch of people (one by one) in the mirror (of course this is in my head, not in the actual mirror) one by one as if i was each and every one of them, looking at the mirror. Each looked very different and was with a very distinguished look on their face and very distinguished skull shape.

One of them was very deeply clear to me. He was some kind of a blood magic witch doctor or some evil shaman/voodoo guy. I feel like i was a dark voodoo guy in a past life.

[mods]threads merged and moved to Imagination Exercises[/mods] :)

dust.

but, playing along, a soldier, i would think.

i had a past life reading from a psychic recently... this was the first time i've ever been 'told' who i was... a very interesting experience... usually it's either through my own meditation or hypnosis... the psychic had the most beautiful eyes... she was very old and wrinkly but her eyes were youthful and bright blue with gold in the middle... so she said i was a powerful native american chief of the sioux tribe around the late 1700's and that i had a very hard life full of hate for the white man... it was a literal hell on earth... the only thing that kept me going was a sworn duty to protect the women and children of my tribe... she said that the intense hate is what is karmically brought me here... and that instead of lashing out as i did in this previous life... i too often 'turn the other cheek' in this life instead of finding a balance between the two extremes... do i believe this? yes and maybe :)

Reactions: rawr
I've never had children in any of my past lives, but I was surrounded by them in quite a few. In readings, I've been told that I was a High Priestess in Atlantis, very gifted as a seer and I toned in the temple, my version of prayer. My singing could control the elements/weather around me.

I was also a powerful Apache Shaman woman, who often called the community together through tones and song. I actually carry Apache Tears with me often before I was told this.

Is self-regressed into a beach, where I was pushing a cart, and I had carpentry tools in my toolbox. 17th century I think, and I was a carpenter.