Which would you choose? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Which would you choose?

The thick or thin girl?

• Total voters
BMI assumes everyone has the same frame and distributes fat the same way.

WHR all the way.

I already said that I realize it's no longer widely accepted. But it's still better than judging by the weight alone.

But Waist-to-Hip kinda also assumes a standard bone-structure, anyway. Yes, there's a preferred standard, but it doesn't reflect overall physical health very well, especially in persons with eating disorders.

I already said that I realize it's no longer widely accepted. But it's still better than judging by the weight alone.

I was elaborating on your point, not taking away from it.

But Waist-to-Hip kinda also assumes a standard bone-structure, anyway. Yes, there's a preferred standard, but it doesn't reflect overall physical health very well, especially in persons with eating disorders.

It has much more wiggle-room than BMI, however, and it is a pretty darn good indicator of heart-health (I actually don't think it is ever used to indicate "overall health").

I was elaborating on your point, not taking away from it.

It has much more wiggle-room than BMI, however, and it is a pretty darn good indicator of heart-health (I actually don't think it is ever used to indicate "overall health").

I would prefer there were something better around than BMI, but I really don't think WHR is it. It's sort of used more to measure attractiveness than anything. I know it's been linked to heart health, but the link is quite clearly that "fat" people are at higher risk for heart disease. And since bone set and bone density are so vastly different from person to person, it loses some credibility. There needs to be a better system, altogether.

Anyway, my point is still that weight itself is not a good measure for judging the health of a person, especially one with an eating disorder. But I think you got that. ;)

That image on the left is a bit disturbing, the girl on the right is actually pretty.

This reminds me of an episode of Intervention. I don't think it was aired because the appearance of the main character was so frightening. I could only get through like half of it it scared the crap out of me. The woman looked dead.

Waaait :m047:

What do you mean thick the woman on the left looks normal sized.

Last edited:
Ok, this is really bugging me. I keep staring at the picture because it is EXACTLY what I see when I look in the mirror. Except for the tummy. And what the girl is doing in the video, yeah. I thought we all did that? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME, PRISTINEGIRL? Just kidding. But really, it is creeping me out.

Well, the real problem is not the actual weight. I think weight is a silly standard. If someone of my height and bone structure weighed even 130 lbs, you would see their bones sticking out. At 120, they would look emaciated. But someone my sister's height and bone structure looks a little on the pudgy side at 115. So weight really isn't a good basis for comparison. I know that BMI (body mass index) is no longer considered to be a valid or accurate form of measurement, but it better reflects overall body health a little more accurately.

BMI definetly isn't reliable but what I was highlighting was the fact that in general practically no one is released from recovery if they are lower than 120 pounds... And the biggest looser wins the whole thing, wins money, becomes famous and all that shit for being 117 pounds... Kind of discouraging isn't it? And just think what message that sends!

BMI assumes everyone has the same frame and distributes fat the same way.

WHR all the way.
Agreed!

Last edited:
I generally prefer petite over chubby. But the thing in the picture is not a thin woman, it's a fucking skeleton. And while we're on it, that's not a thick woman, but quite the healthy lookin regular girl.

Last edited: