Which Personality Type is Your Love Match? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Which Personality Type is Your Love Match?

Well actually, I am 3/4 Slovenian and 1/4 Croatian. My paternal grandad is Croatian. My paternal grandmother is Slovenian, but has some Austrian roots.
Now my step dad is from Slovakia. So there is a whole mix of Slavic languages in my family.

Hi @philostam sorry for interrupting your chat, but I had to make a comment.

I actually thought your girlfriend might be somewhere from the southeastern Europe, but you definitely from the Balkans (ex-Yu countries) - because of your eyes I think

Hi @philostam sorry for interrupting your chat, but I had to make a comment.

I actually thought your girlfriend might be somewhere from the southeastern Europe, but you definitely from the Balkans (ex-Yu countries) - because of your eyes I think

Hmm, that's interesting, thanks for the input!

I never considered my looks to suggest anything specific, basically I though I could easily be confused for many other nationalities.

I never considered my looks to suggest anything specific, basically I though I could easily be confused for many other nationalities.

Yes, probably.
I should have written "recognized", sorry. I'm from Serbia so I could easily tell, there is something in your features resembling that look, don't know how to explain it :smiley:

Yes, probably.
I should have written "recognized", sorry. I'm from Serbia so I could easily tell, there is something in your features resembling that look, don't know how to explain it :smiley:

Oh, really?! That's amazing, I honestly didn't expect anyone else here to be from ex-Yugoslavia. :grinning:

Balkans are a fascinating place, to be honest. I see the Balkan spirit as very Se: brave, rebellious, a bit reckless and challenging of authority. I think it can be very powerful if contained and disciplined.

I am also fascinated by footballers the Balkans produced over the years. I think in mentality they are quite similar to South Americans, especially Uruguay and Argentina. The more hostile the atmosphere. the better they play. It's amazing, to be honest.

Oh, really?! That's amazing, I honestly didn't expect anyone else here to be from ex-Yugoslavia. :grinning:

Balkans are a fascinating place, to be honest. I see the Balkan spirit as very Se: brave, rebellious, a bit reckless and challenging of authority. I think it can be very powerful if contained and disciplined.

I am also fascinated by footballers the Balkans produced over the years. I think in mentality they are quite similar to South Americans, especially Uruguay and Argentina. The more hostile the atmosphere. the better they play. It's amazing, to be honest.

We are everywhere. I'm born in Croatia, father is Bosnian and my mother is Serbian.
You pinpointed the mentality of Balkans footballers, but I would also like to add the pretty common thing of losing head as well and sabotage for themselves as a team.

We are everywhere. I'm born in Croatia, father is Bosnian and my mother is Serbian.
You pinpointed the mentality of Balkans footballers, but I would also like to add the pretty common thing of losing head as well and sabotage for themselves as a team.

Wow, that's quite a mixture. :grinning:

Yeah, but many countries also sabotage themselves in football (England, khm). I think only Italy and Germany have this reputation to "get it over the line".

I do agree though, the Balkan spirit can definitely escalate in a negative way. Composure is perhaps not our strength.

Wow, that's quite a mixture. :grinning:

Yeah, but many countries also sabotage themselves in football (England, khm). I think only Italy and Germany have this reputation to "get it over the line".

I do agree though, the Balkan spirit can definitely escalate in a negative way. Composure is perhaps not our strength.

That's true. Maybe I really recognise the Balkan countries doing so because they do it in a reckless and rebellious (and stupid way), and of course since I'm a fan.

But Croatia had a far better team than England then. I'm stoked about Sancho!

Oh absolutely. Croatia actually had a midfield that could control the tempo of the game.

Of course culture in England is now changing, with all the modern European coaching there. Sancho is a good example of a modern player, and so is Phil Foden, Jack Grealish and some more.

We are a bit off topic, though. :wink:

I agree with what you both say regarding the "spirit" - I now live in Portugal and before that was shortly in Spain, and I've found the people's disposition and attitude somewhat similar, especially in Spain (though people here usually ask if I'm British or even Scandinavian :tearsofjoy:).
Wow, so this thread is acquiring new topic...

I agree with what you both say regarding the "spirit" - I now live in Portugal and before that was shortly in Spain, and I've found the people's disposition and attitude somewhat similar, especially in Spain (though people here usually ask if I'm British or even Scandinavian :tearsofjoy:).
Wow, so this thread is acquiring new topic...
You're gonna have to expand upon that, Ex-Pap:

- Why are you mistaken for British/Scandinavian, do you think?