Which Personality Type is Your Love Match? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Which Personality Type is Your Love Match?

Sounds pretty perfect indeed :hearteyes:

When you say predictable, do you mean that you don't necessarily want your partner to surprise you very often?

As in, it's not something you particularly value. Or did you mean reliable?

Yeah. Predictable, reliable, even transparent. A mixture of this. I don't like surprises, no.

Of course I always encourage growth in a partner, but I am not comfortable with someone too spontaneous or fickle.

Starting a new hobby or even changing career? Absolutely. Wanting to move to Madagascar or travel the world for a year, out of the blue? Not fine.

I could add a lot of other qualities, to be honest. Financial responsibility is also extremely important.

For example, my stupid STP mom just decided to go to Ghana few months back. One of her impulsive and crazy decisions. She had some business idea.

She went alone, while she has 2 young girls at home. I don't remember ever being so angry.

Thankfully she was only robbed there and nothing more.

For example, my stupid STP mom just decided to go to Ghana few months back. One of her impulsive and crazy decisions. She had some business idea.

She went alone, while she has 2 young girls at home. I don't remember ever being so angry.

Thankfully she was only robbed there and nothing more.
Lmao

Also sad.

He sounds like a useful little catalyst :neutral: (joking)

So what's he up to these days? Do you ever hear from him?
Are you really joking though? Personally I don't think anyone should have to stay in a relationship where their needs are not met. But I can already see that I'm being painted as a bad person here for not martyring myself for the relationship.

I still stand by saying it's a challenging combo but if those involved are able to overcome their own challenges, very rewarding But in my experience, it's not easy going. But it seems to work for other INFPs here.

Are you really joking though? Personally I don't think anyone should have to stay in a relationship where their needs are not met. But I can already see that I'm being painted as a bad person here for not martyring myself for the relationship.

I still stand by saying it's a challenging combo but well worth it if those involved are able to overcome their own challenges. But in my experience, it's not easy going. But it seems to work for other INFPs here.
No acd, that's not what I mean. Of course I don't think you're a bad person.

Forgive me, that's my own cynicism spilling out and tainting shit. Sorry if I offended you.

I agree with everything you said.

Starting a new hobby or even changing career? Absolutely. Wanting to move to Madagascar or travel the world for a year, out of the blue? Not fine.

Yeah, I wouldn’t like that either. I mean, my partner would be free to make bold suggestions as long as I have a right of veto :grinning:

Come to think of it, I think in general I prefer to be with someone who is slightly less assertive (and more agreeable) than me.

My truly stable relationships have been like that.

My perfect match is someone who is:

- emotionally stable and wise
- relaxed and with a positive/optimistic attitude
- interested in ideas, but not to the extreme (mustn't be too eccentric)
- caring but not too social (must prefer small group interactions)
- loyal and predictable
- doesn't party, smoke or, god forbid, does drugs
- has a sense of humor and laughs a lot (the latter is a bit more optional)

To be honest I already have that. :hearteyes:

Anyway, here we are, around two years back. One of the only "selfies" we have.

mmexport1589648204544.jpg

I actually said it a few times. I am from Ljubljana, Slovenia.

She is originally from Bulgaria, but her parents moved all around Europe.

What was your guess? :grinning:
Aww! I actually thought you were both South Slavic, but my guess for you was Romania or Slovakia (I used to have a Romanian student who looked like you a fair bit). I wasn't sure on your SO.

Aww! I actually thought you were both South Slavic, but my guess for you was Romania or Slovakia (I used to have a Romanian student who looked like you a fair bit). I wasn't sure on your SO.

Well actually, I am 3/4 Slovenian and 1/4 Croatian. My paternal grandad is Croatian. My paternal grandmother is Slovenian, but has some Austrian roots.

Now my step dad is from Slovakia. So there is a whole mix of Slavic languages in my family.

Well actually, I am 3/4 Slovenian and 1/4 Croatian. My paternal grandad is Croatian. My paternal grandmother is Slovenian, but has some Austrian roots.

Now my step dad is from Slovakia. So there is a whole mix of Slavic languages in my family.
I can see the Croat for sure. I'm not too familiar with Slovenian people, though.

But of course, I'm speaking from no real expertise whatsoever.

I can see the Croat for sure. I'm not too familiar with Slovenian people, though.

But of course, I'm speaking from no real expertise whatsoever.

Yeah, we are kinda vague. No real history or noticeable traits. I would say we are not a proud nation at all. This is also reflected in school curriculum. We study Slovenian literature/history way less than European. Like ratio 90-10.

Bulgaria is totally different. Very proud and patriotic people. The same goes for Serbia and Croatia, to be honest. Not to even mention Greece, Turkey etc.

absolutely not.

Your Match is an INTJ
For INTJs, life is all about personal growth and self-development, and when they can do it within the bounds of a committed relationship, they find that emotionally rewarding. But their vision extends beyond themselves; they are just as interested in promoting the growth and development of their love commitments and gain great enjoyment from helping their mates reach their full potential as human beings. INTJs are charitable and attentive with their partners, supporting them faithfully no matter what they choose to do with their lives. INTJs are self-confident enough to accept constructive criticism and will adjust their behavior and attitudes to align more completely with the needs of their partners, knowing that doing so will deepen the bonds of love. INTJs aren’t the type to shower their companions with a lot of flowery compliments, preferring to let their actions and attitudes reveal their true feelings. They don’t always read the thoughts and feelings of their partners accurately but are very open to listening when their mates have something important to say. INTJs do spend a lot of time lost in their own thoughts, but they like to use their best ideas and inspirations to improve the quality of their relationships. Even though they aren’t outgoing, INTJs are compassionate and people-centered, and they love to fall in love when the opportunity presents itself.

The Downsides
With their focus on self- and relationship-improvement, INTJs sometimes try to fix things that aren’t really broken, confusing and alarming partners who thought everything was okay. The hearts of INTJs are always in the right place, but their good intentions can sometimes cause them to be a little overzealous. And while they are happy to accept responsibility for making their relationships better, they are reluctant to take the blame when things go wrong, which can be especially exasperating to companions who didn’t see the need for tinkering in the first place.

Where to Find Your INTJ Mate
INTJs may be out of their depth in many social situations, but the Internet is their native territory. Online dating is the ideal way to meet an INTJ; just look for profiles that mention an interest in computers, technology, science, or other intellectual pursuits. If dating sites aren't your style, don't rule out the Internet altogether—you might still meet an INTJ in an online forum, chat room, or other discussion group. In the workplace, INTJs tend to populate tech companies, although they can also be found in business (especially data-driven areas like finance), science, and engineering. In school, they tend to study science, math, and related subjects."]

Last edited: