Where would I most likely run into a female INFJ? | INFJ Forum

Where would I most likely run into a female INFJ?

Timeless

Community Member
Sep 7, 2009
MBTI
ENTP
I was going to make a poll, but I didn't want the answers to be limited to what I think because I know there's an entire world out there with different perspectives then my own.

Anyways, I think I have been meeting way too many ESTP, ESTJ, ESFJ, ENFPs, and ESFPs.

Exhibit A:

stampede.jpg

They come in the numbers.

So, where do you think most likely, and least likely I'll run into an INFJ?

Hopefully it's outside home and the internet forums because I'm obviously not going bust some house doors open like...

Exhibit B:

greatscott400.png

Seriously though, I'd love to get a whole bunch of ideas here.

:)

i like this thread :)

so far, i'd have to say INFJs frequent places with not too much sensory stimuli; not too many people.

Book stores, libraries, art stores, art classes, volunteering...just off the top of my mind.

How about bars and nightclubs? Maybe the cute ones there sitting down hiding in the corners, away from the light, or with their close-knit of friends?

Or would you avoid a place like that all together?

Just a guess...

Last edited:
How about bars and nightclubs? Maybe the cute ones there sitting down hiding in the corners, away from the light, or with their close-knit of friends?

Just a guess...

If I go to a club, I am dragged kicking and screaming, and dragged to the dance floor. I have to go into shadow mode to survive the closeness. I will sit in the corner when I have a chance to get away. You might meet one there, but sifting through the throng, and identifying one in shadow mode...its a gamble.

Also I stick very close to the group of people I know...Like glue. I wont be left alone.

If I go to a club, I am dragged kicking and screaming, and dragged to the dance floor. I have to go into shadow mode to survive the closeness. I will sit in the corner when I have a chance to get away. You might meet one there, but sifting through the throng, and identifying one in shadow mode...its a gamble.

Also I stick very close to the group of people I know...Like glue. I wont be left alone.

I'm guessing you would go if invited, but most likely won't go out of your way to one?

Do other INFJs feel the same way?

What about on campus? I'm starting my next semester soon...

I'm guessing you would go if invited, but most likely won't go out of your way to one?

Do other INFJs feel the same way?

If invited by my friends they have to convince me, over and over again. Clubs are VERY Draining on the INFJ. So many people...*shudder*

If invited by a man, depending on how I felt about said male...I would probably say yes.

As far as a campus, I dont know.

Ditto to what Entyqua said about clubs.

At school, we definitely stayed in quite a bit, and when we went out it would be to coffee shops, dinner, movies, shows, etc. We tended to gravitate to places that weren't noisy or crowded.

Most of us probably won't go to anyplace loud - we're not built that way. We're introverts, so we're going to go for more quiet activities. And we're all individuals, so we all think about different things. I know we had a thread about this somewhere but I can't for the life of me remember where it is...

INFJs actually like being alone. We're one of the few who like the quietness and solitude. But you might see us with a small group of trusted friends going somewhere, like a wine bar or a jazz club. Or bookstore or coffee shop. Or a movie theater, or even a lecture series if it's something we're interested in.

It's probably easier to find the girl you like first...she might end up being an INFJ and you not even know it. :)

hahaha!!! :p

Book stores, libraries, art stores, art classes, volunteering...just off the top of my mind.

I agree that these are all very good places.

Just a guess...

I actually do like going out to bars and clubs SOMETIMES. But I prefer gay clubs to straight ones, and less-popular bars to the 'cool' ones where everyone goes.
And if I go to one of these places I am also likely to cling to my friends the entire time, but that doesn't mean that someone can't come up and say hello! Just don't expect me to warm up right away....haha.

Good Luck finding INFJs!!! I have been trying to find ENTPs to NO AVAIL!!! I only know one, and he is my best friends boyfriend and also my friend, and HE ROCKS.
We need to start making everyone in the world figure out their MBTI!!! hehe. :p

We need to start making everyone in the world figure out their MBTI!!! hehe. :p
lolz wouldnt it be great...we could all tattoo it to our foreheads so there would be no confusion!

I used to like clubbing when I was in university... but I always needed to drink a bit before I felt comfortable. :p I went to dance and hang out with my friends though, and I'd get kind of creeped out when guys approached me, haha.

I could often be found studying at Starbucks or at the libraries. Ooh, and whenever there was a Coffee House night on campus I'd go, because I loved acoustic music.

If I were you, I'd also look out for any unique clubs on campus. I was part of one that did fun, random activities, like used book store crawls, foreign movie nights, ice skating, etc. I met a lot of cool people through that, although I'm not sure how many were INFJs!

Ditto to what Entyqua said about clubs.

At school, we definitely stayed in quite a bit, and when we went out it would be to coffee shops, dinner, movies, shows, etc. We tended to gravitate to places that weren't noisy or crowded.

Yep.

Libraries!!!! I'll say it one more time: Libraries!!!!!!!!

I'm yet to find INFJs who are not quite regular users of libraries. I wonder what were they doing before the invention of public libraries. Ah, yeah! Of course - they made them public! :D

I'm screwed, because libraries make me nervous, I just feel like a wrongdoer, when I get there, as if I don't belong, and I'm not invited... it's probably some odd phobia of mine. It's not the books, I love the feeling to have lots of books around me, I enjoy books, but the library as an organization has created within me this association with superiority, up to which I couldn't live. Dunno why... I can only theorize that it was because I was a loud kid, and it is considered very bad to be loud in libraries, so that has induced some suppressed feeling of guilt within me.

Reactions: Gaze
I used to like clubbing when I was in university... but I always needed to drink a bit before I felt comfortable. :p I went to dance and hang out with my friends though, and I'd get kind of creeped out when guys approached me, haha.

Yes, I avoid 'clubs' at all costs, and I can't honestly say I take anyone seriously on a romantic level that I meet in those places (unless it is really clear they are as uncomfortable as I am, most likely dragged by friends too, and we hit it off because of that.)

I could often be found studying at Starbucks or at the libraries. Ooh, and whenever there was a Coffee House night on campus I'd go, because I loved acoustic music.

I was going to suggest coffee shops, internet cafes, and places where social interaction is more quiet and casual, but acceptable. I love hanging out in places with that kind of atmosphere... but then again, I'm an INFJ male with a strong lean toward ENFJ, so maybe my opinion isn't the most valid in this thread.

+1

lolz wouldnt it be great...we could all tattoo it to our foreheads so there would be no confusion!

I would suggest Henna... that way we can advertise for a few weeks at a time, and when we no longer want to, we can go back to being our typical elusive enigmatic selves.

Also, wouldn't it suck if you got a tattoo then realized you were a different type?

Last edited:

YES!!!

Yeah, that's why I go to this gay club called Forbidden. I never get hit on by creepy guys, everyone is really nice, and some people can ACTUALLY dance so they're fun to watch, but no one cares if you can or not. There is ALL different kinds of people there. And there are places to seclude oneself with friends. haha. It's the best. ^_^

Libraries!!!! I'll say it one more time: Libraries!!!!!!!!

I'm yet to find INFJs who are not quite regular users of libraries. I wonder what were they doing before the invention of public libraries. Ah, yeah! Of course - they made them public! :D

I never go to the library unless I absolutely have to for class.....but I think that's because the one on campus is just WAY too crowded and I hate my fellow ASU students with an undying passion. However, I do enjoy getting lost in the aisles of the art books since I'm usually the only one there and sounds from others don't reach that far- the smell of old books, the absolute silence, the low lighting....it's delightfully creepy. ^_^

However, I do enjoy getting lost in the aisles of the art books since I'm usually the only one there and sounds from others don't reach that far- the smell of old books, the absolute silence, the low lighting....it's delightfully creepy. ^_^

Yeah, I can feel the vibes on the old books. I like that feeling... just standing there and 'listening' to the hearts and minds, perspectives from another time.

^this. These are definitely some of my most frequented places.

Just a guess...
Well, in bars or nightclubs, I would go once in a while if I feel particularly outgoing that night. Most likely though, I wouldn't unless the friends have persuaded me very well or bribed me :)m173:) to go. Nightclubs and bars are just way too noisy and crowded for my liking.
But if I did go, yes, I'd definitely be in the corner watching everyone else. With my close group of friends. I would definitely not go by myself. That's quite terrifying.
However, if you approach me I will be nice. Cautious, but nice. :]

Omgosh, I almost forgot Starbucks, or any coffee shops for that matter. I think someone already mentioned it here though, but yeah. Those places are great to hang out in while studying.

As for on campus, I think you've already figured out that we don't like the noisy places haha. So just go to a place where there are lesser people. The library would be a good place to start. Nothing like the smell of old books to surround you. :m015:

Seems like you have some pretty good answers here, not sure if I have anything really different to add.

If I go to club, it is dragged kicking and screaming, but I will go...

I like going for walks too, and being in nature, maybe going to a park and writing, but the chances of you being able to tell from watching someone walk whether or not their INFJ, well I don't think they're that high.

In a group, I am the quiet, shy, observant girl.. unless everyone seems pretty quiet in the group then I am the girl trying to make everyone feel at ease by saying silly funny things and trying to make everyone laugh. But if you look closely you can tell that I'm pretty nervous.. :)

I don't know.. everyone else's answers seem pretty accurate..