When you die... alone or not? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

When you die... alone or not?

When you die... would you want to be alone or not?

• I would want to die alone.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I would not want to die alone.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other... please explain in a post.

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
If I knew I had a terminal illness, I would keep it to myself... but I know I would end up calling for him on my death bed. I think it would be more selfish not to let a loved one be there. They would eternally hate themselves for not knowing & not being there for you.

So long as they bring parachutes, as many people as they like can come along.

I would want my family and closest friend nearby, holding my hand at intervals and talking about anything but the fact that I'm dying or what I'm dying of.

I would have my closest loved ones there. I would leave no questions behind no regrets. I would not shield the fact that I was dying, I would state it openly. I'd tell them not to mourn for me, but instead to be happy for me, for death is not a bad thing.

I would leave it up to my fans: whether or not to come watch me die.

Reactions: Kgal
When I die, I would like a quick death where nobody saw it coming.....

Definitely don't want to be stuck to machines.

I'm not really afraid of dying so I don't know that I'd need anyone by my side. The idea of it is nice but I don't expect anyone to sit by and wait around for my last breath. I'd rather the death be sudden and unexpected- in my sleep or something like that. I don't want it to be dragged out long enough for anyone to have to really be there at all.

I can't decide.

My brother and I had this terrifying conversation about last wishes after talking about a very uncomfortable wake we had been to earlier.
I said I want my wake to be at a Chuck E Cheese with my open casket in the ball pit and then I want to be on stage with the animatronic animals that sing and dance before pizza..
That is my last wish.
Or maybe a circus funeral and they can shoot my casket out of a cannon gonzo style.
/demented.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal

I'm not much of a fan, I've been described as Hipster-Lite..... I didn't like the idea of being a hipster though so I'm pretty sure I am one.

No, I want my whole family around me. I'll be that great great great grandmother with 100 people in the room. :p

This is how I want to die

[video=youtube;fGsIOczWbKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsIOczWbKo&fmt=18[/video]

I want to have my six-pack abs in plain view

I would like to die alone.

I would want to die quietly in my sleep of old age. If it was from illness, I think I'd want my family with me, unless it causes them too much distress. I'm reconciled to the fact that we all have to go through what seems like a physical death. I think we naturally fear this even though its inevitable, as we don't fully understand what it means. I've come to think of it as a transcending moment, one in which I hope all of lifes mysteries are answered.

Few people, when they die, have any control over the circumstances.

I don't want to die in pain or without dignity. But specific requirements for alone or not alone are pretty much zero.