When you die... alone or not? | INFJ Forum

When you die... alone or not?

When you die... would you want to be alone or not?

• I would want to die alone.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I would not want to die alone.

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • I can't decide.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other... please explain in a post.

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

INTJMom

Community Member
Nov 16, 2009
MBTI
INTJ
Enneagram
When you die, do you think you would rather be left alone or would you rather not be alone?

I would want to be alone.
I would not want to die alone.
I can't decide.
Other... please explain in a post.

Please vote in the poll! Thanks!

Last edited:
surrounded by the corpses of my enemies... sorry I just saw Conan.

Reactions: Edith
With one close family member. No crowds or group of people.

i think i'd rather be with someone i love. but i'd have to be very close to them. if i wasn't close enough to anyone i'd prefer to die alone. i think it's probably a little bit difficult to manage though - you might have to commit suicide in order to be alone when you die? not that i'm trying to raise any issue about the ethics of suicide (i'm not), just that it might be the only way to get to be alone at that time.

I'd prefer to have one or two friends around me, no more and no less. Crowds are generally irksome and I would, in accord with humans' generally selfish nature, want someone to record and remember when I died.

i think i'd rather be with someone i love. but i'd have to be very close to them. if i wasn't close enough to anyone i'd prefer to die alone. i think it's probably a little bit difficult to manage though - you might have to commit suicide in order to be alone when you die? not that i'm trying to raise any issue about the ethics of suicide (i'm not), just that it might be the only way to get to be alone at that time.
Not necessarily.
You could just tell everyone to get out of your room and leave you alone.

With the 2 people I am spiritually closest to. Peace will fill the room with my passing.

in her arms. . so I couold use my l;ast breath to tell her I love her

Honestly, I don't care. I'd rather let my closest loved ones decide.

in her arms. . so I couold use my l;ast breath to tell her I love her

Awww...the big hearted lover to the last - eh? I like that...

I'm in accord with most who have posted here - for the most part. I'm not sure I need someone to be there with me. OTH - It"d be nice if there were, though I don't care how many are around when it happens. But I do care whether they truly loved me or not and could accept my death without too much judgment. Just acceptance of my death with some love mixed in.

With a stranger - someone who cares enough to stay with you while you die, but doesn't care enough to become emotional about it.

With only one.

There is only one person I would want to be with when I die, but I don't know if I could put him through that. It's an awful lot to ask of someone you love.

surrounded by the corpses of my enemies... sorry I just saw Conan.

I haven't seen Conan, yet I still vote for this.

I'm in accord with most who have posted here - for the most part. I'm not sure I need someone to be there with me. OTH - It"d be nice if there were, though I don't care how many are around when it happens. But I do care whether they truly loved me or not and could accept my death without too much judgment. Just acceptance of my death with some love mixed in.

+1 on acceptance and non judgment.

I wouldn't care. I would rather not be aware of when it was going to happen and thus avoid making any plans.