What's your "Ism" quiz | INFJ Forum

What's your "Ism" quiz

You Are Stoicism

You are one tough cookie, and it's part of your life philosophy to minimize pleasure and pain.
You feel like too many bad things can come from obsessing over pleasure - and that some of the biggest gains come from tolerating pain.

You try to lead a good life and be the best person possible.
You are very honest, humble, and compassionate.
You don't get in a race to have the most stuff or the most money.
You understand that true happiness comes from within.

You Are Absurdism

You just have to shake your head and laugh at the world. Everything is so crazy and absurd.
You don't try to make sense of much, because you don't think there is much to make sense of.

You kick back and try to enjoy the chaos. You'll only make yourself crazy if you try to find meaning in things.
Life is random, confusing, and one heck of a wild ride. Anything that makes sense is pure coincidence.

Not quite...I don't figure I need to make sense of things because God knows what sense it makes, and He created it so therefor it is also not coincidence.

You Are Absurdism

You just have to shake your head and laugh at the world. Everything is so crazy and absurd.
You don't try to make sense of much, because you don't think there is much to make sense of.

You kick back and try to enjoy the chaos. You'll only make yourself crazy if you try to find meaning in things.
Life is random, confusing, and one heck of a wild ride. Anything that makes sense is pure coincidence.

-

Hmm. "Anything that makes sense is pure coincidence." Anything? Really? I don't agree.

But I guess it fits me better than the others, mostly.

You Are Skepticism

You live by the philosophy "Question Everything." And you do question everything, including this quiz result.
You think people believe in too much, and you think very little is true. You scoff at astrology and psychics.

You're not a nihilist - you believe in some things. But you only believe in what's true and tested.
You have lots of opinions and theories, but you never take them too seriously. You're always willing to change your mind.

You Are Stoicism

You are one tough cookie, and it's part of your life philosophy to minimize pleasure and pain.
You feel like too many bad things can come from obsessing over pleasure - and that some of the biggest gains come from tolerating pain.

You try to lead a good life and be the best person possible.
You are very honest, humble, and compassionate.
You don't get in a race to have the most stuff or the most money.
You understand that true happiness comes from within.

You Are Skepticism

You live by the philosophy "Question Everything." And you do question everything, including this quiz result.
You think people believe in too much, and you think very little is true. You scoff at astrology and psychics.

You're not a nihilist - you believe in some things. But you only believe in what's true and tested.
You have lots of opinions and theories, but you never take them too seriously. You're always willing to change your mind.

('cept i don't really scoff at anything.)

[h=4]You Are Skepticism[/h]
skepticism.jpg

Yup

You Are Hedonism

You believe in enjoying all of world's small and large pleasures. Life's too short to feel guilty.
If it feels good, you do it. And you try to avoid pain at all costs, because pain is a major bummer.

And while you enjoy the baser pleasures, like food and drinking - there's more to you than that.
You find joy and delight wherever possible. You truly live well, and you're proud of that fact.

You Are Skepticism

Sounds right!

[h=4]You Are Absurdism[/h]You just have to shake your head and laugh at the world. Everything is so crazy and absurd.

-Anna

Considering I chose the option that I do not question everything.... whatever. Absurdism sounds more correct, but for a 5 question test, who cares.

You Are Stoicism

stoicism.jpg

You try to lead a good life and be the best person possible. You are very honest, humble, and compassionate.
You don't get in a race to have the most stuff or the most money. You understand that true happiness comes from within.

You believe in enjoying all of world's small and large pleasures. Life's too short to feel guilty.
If it feels good, you do it. And you try to avoid pain at all costs, because pain is a major bummer.

And while you enjoy the baser pleasures, like food and drinking - there's more to you than that.
You find joy and delight wherever possible. You truly live well, and you're proud of that fact.

Okay, I am morally traditional. I just don't take that to mean life must be joyless. I have a well-developed Se and enjoy good music, good food (hello, dark chocolate!), image-evoking poetry, the beauty of nature, and a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing home environment.

You Are Hedonism

maybe, probably

That's not true. Or is it?
I don't know, whatever.

You Are Stoicism

You try to lead a good life and be the best person possible. You are very honest, humble, and compassionate.
You don't get in a race to have the most stuff or the most money. You understand that true happiness comes from within.

:rolleyes:

You Are Stoicism

As a side note I think most of the INFJs on here scored stoicism and absurdism- those are definitely my two favorite isms!