What's your cause? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What's your cause?

the reasoning behing living there or my original post?

I see where you're coming from, but happiness doesn't have to replace ingorance. In my opinion, you can have a positive attitude throughout life, whilst being very conscious and aware of the issues that consume the world.

Positive doesn't necessarily mean content or completely happy. Noticing what's already here paired with what we can have in the future can be a reason for hope and a sense of purpose and worth, but being completely content/happy would mean detaching for me. Which I may end up doing one day; I'm actually scared of that.

Positive doesn't necessarily mean content or completely happy. Noticing what's already here paired with what we can have in the future can be a reason for hope and a sense of purpose and worth, but being completely content/happy would mean detaching for me. Which I may end up doing one day; I'm actually scared of that.

Ah ok, I see what you're saying now *nods*

Heh, I fit the NF stereotype pretty well. I have a few missions, actually.

-My first and foremost mission is to find my "true love". Even since the age of 4-5, I remember having a very large gap in my heart. The only title I can possibly think of to describe my feelings for her is "my most precious jewel", but that doesn't even come close. Who is she? I haven't the slightest idea. Yet, I know every single thing about her. I can see her with my heart, yet cannot see her with my eyes. My soul cannot rest until I have her in my arms once again.

(And yes, I know that was dramatic lol)

-My second, more realistic mission is to go head-to-head with all forms of Christianity (no offense intended). I was raised on the whole Christian spectrum. At the worst of times, I was a strict-fundamentalist. At the slightly better of times, I was an evangelical. Now, a metaphysician, I'm practically the Antichrist...but without all of the evil weirdness lol.

-My lesser missions comprise of protecting the innocent, healing the wounded, liberating the shakled, and everything typically associated with INFJ "heros". Including being Uber-Dad to my future kid(s). Which actually is my 2nd mission, Me vs Christianity is 3rd in priority.

:D

think of to describe my feelings for her is "my most precious jewel",.

:D

Om Mani Padme Om...

My daughter's nickname is Mani, and she is that, but she's too young for you. ]

My Cause: Save the World

Big mission, eh? This applies to helping out the poor, fighting justice, and all sorts to make the world a better place. I may not completely save the world as a whole but at least I will make a huge contribution for the world. Every little bit helps. :)

(And yes, I know that was dramatic lol)

Lol, I'm also dramatic when I express words from the heart.

I'm still trying to figure out what my "cause" is. I think my first and foremost cause is Self-Improvement. A second cause would be something for the world, but I'm not sure what I can do for the world at 19 just yet.

I hope to help thousands of people someday through an amazing self-help book or through clinical psych.therapy practice. (Dunno if I wanna be a clinical psychologist...but we'll see)

I don't have a cause. Things are perfect just the way they are! The good, the bad, and even the really, really bad. If you take homeostasis to the extreme, there's no point in living. You're as alive as a rock. Okay, okay. I guess my "cause" is people. People are great. They make sunsets and the flu and 90 degree humidity all worth it. People make abstractions meaningful, they wipe drool from your face and sometimes break your heart. So, it's my life's mission to feel the breadth of this, and to pick up any moshers who've fallen in the pit.

My cause is to fight this ridiculous naive hyper-capitalist-cynicism that is so hip and trendy among a lot of people today. Thank god we have a big depression coming (hopefully), its prob the best news we had for many years.

That probably won't change anything in the long run :mD:

to cause Chaos in my family. :p

I don't really have a cause, it seems. I'm hoping that might change as I get older *throws out the 'still finding my place in the world' excuse*

I don't have a cause. Things are perfect just the way they are! The good, the bad, and even the really, really bad. If you take homeostasis to the extreme, there's no point in living. You're as alive as a rock. Okay, okay. I guess my "cause" is people. People are great. They make sunsets and the flu and 90 degree humidity all worth it. People make abstractions meaningful, they wipe drool from your face and sometimes break your heart. So, it's my life's mission to feel the breadth of this, and to pick up any moshers who've fallen in the pit.

Very well spoken. I feel the same way at times, but only when I'm not actually dealing with people at the moment.

Hm. Actually, my causes and my reality are coming together, bit by bit.

I've always wanted to write speculative fiction and graphic novels, and I wanted to break that so-called WAS(P-like) industry glass ceiling. As early as seven years old I'd look at Snow White and wonder why she was...well, White. Why weren't there heroes who looked like me--? I'm also keenly aware of such stereotypes in Western Religious circles, and I aim to break those in itty-bitty pieces. I'm not the norm...I'm living the abnorm, and I love it. ;)

In any case, I'm happy to say I've actually worked for Marvel Comics on one piece (yes, it's published and on the market), and I'm looking forward to more openings. I'm also freeing myself to pursue my MFA...and I'm allowing myself to send my work to other publishers. That perfectionism thing gripped me too long!

My other cause is a bit odd, but I've never been satisfied with the Western church's unofficial position on interracial families. My other goal is to smash that prejudiced idea with a well-placed rock to the forehead.

So...tentatively and bit by bit, I'm making inroads. And it's not over yet!

My thought is, the "cause" for the INFJ can be as varied or as small as anything else in this world. You find something that engages your first loves and passions, you make that thing your own, and the causes will follow.

^^ You worked for Marvel?! What was it like?
You're definitely in the area that I want to be in :0

The same area I want to be in too. Except I want to be working with DC.

How did you get in? What piece did you work on?

^^ You worked for Marvel?! What was it like?
You're definitely in the area that I want to be in :0

:) It was kind of a complicated deal, but I loved having my name on a Marvel Comic.

Backstory? Everything fell into place a few years ago, when I became involved with an independent comic company. The company and I had a good rapport, but they were also branching out into other parent companies. One of their new agreements happened to be with Marvel Comics. Well, when my indie publisher ended up selling some publishing rights to Marvel, my book was sold along with the others. I was able to finish the first issue, but Marvel decided to use their own people to finish the subsequent issues. Meh - good news, bad news sort of thing.

I'm sort of low man on the writer pole, though. Right now, I work on adaptations. An adaptation is similar to "Best Adapted Screenplay" in the Oscars. You basically have a media form (book, short story, film, etc) and another writer (me!) takes that form and turns it into a graphic novel or comic book. The more books you do, the more experience you gain...and as you get more books, you'll gain more recognition and better books. As you gain a reliable reputation, you can receive more projects, and some of those might be of your own making.

Sometimes, though, it depends on how much money the industry has. I'm still waiting on payment for work I did two years ago, so don't expect to make a bundle at this! Don't quit your day job. ;)

On the other hand, I would love nothing more than full-timing it at Marvel, Vertigo, or Oni. I'm working on my own scripts, like most authors do. One more possibility: If you can raise the money, you can produce and publish your own work (see Image Comics). If people like it enough, it can catch the eye of industry professionals.

Look up Xeric, too. If your idea is extremely original and artistic they may go ahead and publish your work (it's a federal grant).

The same area I want to be in too. Except I want to be working with DC.

How did you get in? What piece did you work on?

:) I guess it won't matter - my real name is on this, so...yeah. You know what I mean.

First project was with the indie publisher here .

Here's the book I did for Marvel. Heh. Mind you, I only worked on the first issue in that hardback series. Robin Furth did the subsequent issues.

But Robin Furth did compliment my script, which was nice - she thought it was excellent.

Actually, I tumbled into the industry, and it was all timing. The indie company had a contest, and I wanted to know more about the contest. I ended up dialoguing back and forth with the company's PR Manager, and the PR fella wanted to see some of my short story work. He saw it, liked it, and a few months later offered me a gig.

Honestly? I think I got the job was because I was a girl...but there ya go. ;)

I think the hardest part about working adaptations is that the work isn't your own. I wanted to change some of the (Marvel) work and improve the writing quality for the audience, but the original author was extremely protective of her work. So, I had to go with her edits.

*Shrug.*

I had a *much* easier time with Tad Williams' work. I was able to take it and improve it, and Mr. Williams liked the adaptation of his work (*beams!*).

Oh, another thing you have to get used to? Know that books make mistakes. Like...people might not have your name on the book...:m194: