What's your cause? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's your cause?

I don't know if you can call that a cause, but ideally my biggest wish is to bring a bit more awareness of the spiritual beauty of earth to people through my art. Not sure exactly what the best way to touch people is. Painting is good but you don't touch many people if you sell stuff to rich people in galleries.

There's a lot of thinking to be done.

So NF's have causes right?

What's your main focus right now? How would you like to change the world? or are you still working on figuring that one out?

First off, this is a great topic Stone. I don't think many NF's give much thought to this despite the fact that it is one of our greatest strengths and best qualities.
Ever since I was around 11 or 12 years old (probably younger than that), I've wanted to be a protector. And it is interesting that years later I find that the INFJ type is often personified as the "protector". I wanted to be a protector because I would find myself in situations where someone was being taken advantage of or someone weaker was being oppressed, and I felt I needed to do something about it. I believed that I was supposed to defend them and fight for them. At first, I didn't know why or even considered why. It became clear to me though when, at the age of 12, God came and spoke to me while I was alone in the woods one night. That night, He gave me a vision for the rest of my life. He told me that He created me to be a noble man and a shelter for others, to fight for the weak. Now this is not unlike what I was before that night, but it became a higher purpose because it was within the context of something beyond just myself and what I wanted. Furthermore, it has eternal implications because it is for a kingdom that is eternal. So, the physical desires that were there when I was young were established to point to the spiritual reality. Obviously, this cause is of a more spiritual nature, and as such is less quantifiable and definitive. At first, I didn't really know what to do with it. But I devoted myself to understanding the heart of God, His word, and what it means to be a shelter. Soon, I found that I could see where people were suffering and where they were bound by something, sometimes even when they didn't know it. I found that I could see how people were being hindered from being who they really are and help them understand their own stories better.
So, in short, my cause is to set people free so that they may truly live, that their hearts would be truly alive, and that they may live by faith in the one who knew them before they were even born. My hope is to help people to know who they truly are in a world that causes us to forget who we truly are meant to be.

Wow what an interesting post, I admire you for what you want to achieve; a catalyst in every sense.

if i had a magic wand, i would want to take all the suffering out of the world, all the mindless, reckless killing.. a world without ego. and power, just peace and harmony, i know thats not gonna happen, but the voices of the innocent scream more to me above any, i.e children, so i just help everyone i can, as much as i can, all the time i can, and just hope i'm not alone, and 1 day they may just remember and return the favour to someone else.

I want to find my path and be at peace. ^^

I haven't got one at the moment. And I need one. Badly.

Well my goal in life is to travel the world and help people on my travels. I want to see the beauty this world has to offer.

Well my goal in life is to travel the world and help people on my travels. I want to see the beauty this world has to offer.

That's a beautiful goal :) The world has so many beautiful things to see~

My newest goal now involves following the Sarge in his travels. Love, love the way you put that!

I've mostly been inner focused as far as a "cause" goes, trying to work out older issues. I think I'm getting to a point where this can change though... not that I think I can change things on my own, but it'll be my contribution.

I think I am most consistently opposed to is imperialism. Even the Green Party doesn't talk much about what we're doing to other countries... and so in the same light, I view national independence struggles quite favorably, as they give people a chance to try something else at best and a chance to screw themselves over and maybe learn something at worst.

Had to think about this one Stone~ A very good contemplative effort that I thank you for.

I want people to find balance within themselves. When a friend or acquaintance indicates that they need help finding their balance I seem to be irresitably drawn to trying to pull them back.

The sad thing is, I've done it to both sides of the spectrum. When someone is delieriously happy, I try to inject a bit of reality. But generally I leave the happy ones alone. I can't stand when people get trapped in those negative self-reinforcing thought patterns. Those peoples needs draw me to them like moths to flame. I can't not try to help.

But on the same token, I learned a long time ago to offer my help and advice, then divorce myself from the result of it.

I named myself a reincarnation of Kassandra of Troy a long time ago. Mainly becauce no one seems to listen to me. And then I turn out to be right...... Ah well. I can only do my best, and hope that in the end, I make someone a little better off at the end of their day.

. I can't stand when people get trapped in those negative self-reinforcing thought patterns.

Realizing that thought patterns are negative, instead of something else, suggests a break with the thinking itself, which usually can't be forced onto someone.

Can't be forced TRUE! However, when you are subtle enough to circle people around to the back of the yard of their thoughts, and then observe themselves through the hedge, you may be able to get them to see that they are focusing so tightly on the problems that they aren't seeing any plausible solutions.

I excel in subtle manipulation when I am engaged in the problem. Which tends to make me uncomfortable although I leave off at the point where someone has to make a decision for themselves.

My self-proscribed role therefore is to provide information and support where needed.

Hmm my cause...

I'm almost naturally drawn to social justice issues and human rights. I'm very passionate about equality not only in law, but in societal attitudes also. Currently my dream is for Australia to be truly embracing and inclusive of all people, from all walks of like. I live in a country that appears to pride itself on multiculturalism, and yet, there are many minority groups who are treated as second class citizens.

I want help to bring about Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australian equality. Particularly in the area of health. There is a 17 year life expectancy gap between both cultures, with many in Aboriginal communities dying from diseases that have been eradicated through the use of modern medicine in more developed areas. The heath system severely neglects Indigenous Australians. For a country as wealthy as Australia, it is inconceivable that it's government cannot solve a heath crisis affecting less than three percent of it's population.

That's quite a task though. It's one thing to say the system must be reformed, and another to actually have action and results.

Personally, I want to be happy, and have a sense of fulfillment from adding to the quality of people's lives...no matter how big or small.

I want help to bring about Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australian equality. Particularly in the area of health. There is a 17 year life expectancy gap between both cultures, with many in Aboriginal communities dying from diseases that have been eradicated through the use of modern medicine in more developed areas. The heath system severely neglects Indigenous Australians. For a country as wealthy as Australia, it is inconceivable that it's government cannot solve a heath crisis affecting less than three percent of it's population.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hehehehe... ahhhhhh. That's a good one. Come to darwin, look at how they live and treat themselves, with ALL the government incentives and handouts and free housing (including showers and education about health), and then see if you can say that with a straight face again.

Can't be forced TRUE! However, when you are subtle enough to circle people around to the back of the yard of their thoughts, and then observe themselves through the hedge, you may be able to get them to see that they are focusing so tightly on the problems that they aren't seeing any plausible solutions.

I excel in subtle manipulation when I am engaged in the problem. Which tends to make me uncomfortable although I leave off at the point where someone has to make a decision for themselves.

My self-proscribed role therefore is to provide information and support where needed.

I guess it depends on how deep laden the issues are. Sometimes I've had to resign myself to giving support to the person while they figure things out on their own.

Hmm my cause...
Personally, I want to be happy, and have a sense of fulfillment from adding to the quality of people's lives...no matter how big or small.

Personally, I want to be angry, and have a sense of awareness about the kind of crap people are going through. It's too easy to detach. That doesn't mean I have to be miserable but I don't want to be content with the world.

Personally, I want to be angry, and have a sense of awareness about the kind of crap people are going through. It's too easy to detach. That doesn't mean I have to be miserable but I don't want to be content with the world.

Well, there's really no point in just being uncontent with the world for the sheer sake of it. Understanding and helping is one thing; working yourself into a state of perpetual grumpyness is another :B

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hehehehe... ahhhhhh. That's a good one. Come to darwin, look at how they live and treat themselves, with ALL the government incentives and handouts and free housing (including showers and education about health), and then see if you can say that with a straight face again.

I lived in Darwin for 10 years.

I can say it again (most definitely with a straight face) if you really want me to.

I see where you're coming from, but happiness doesn't have to replace ingorance. In my opinion, you can have a positive attitude throughout life, whilst being very conscious and aware of the issues that consume the world.

Last edited: