What's your attitude toward women?

Cornerstone

May 31, 2012
London
MBTI
Pisces
Enneagram
Metal Goat
Horribly basic but if you think about it, yeah...s'alright. I could make a choice.

Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Mixed

You aren't exactly modern in your beliefs, but you aren't traditional either.
You're generally pretty progressive when it comes to gender roles, but you wish that some traditions were preserved as well.

It's likely that you value personal choice and believe that there are many paths for happiness.
You think that being a stay at home mom and a hard charging business women are mutually admirable.

Derp!
http://www.blogthings.com/whatareyourattitudestowardwomenquiz/

Modern
Your attitudes toward women are no different than your attitudes toward men.
You're a big believer of gender equality, and you'll fight for people to be treated as individuals.

You get annoyed when women are held back from reaching their potential - even if they're the ones holding themselves back.
You think gender should be less important than we make it. We're all just people after all.

Well that's a more difficult question to answer, than it first appears.. I believe in some ways I am modern, but there are elements of my nature that could be loosely described as traditional.
I can't say as a man, that I can always understand women, as sometimes I baffle myself, but I tend to think that woman mostly do all the hard work in society as in work and family life, so I have always had respect for women. In my family there have been very strong female Characters, who showed inner strength and kindness, which may have influenced by views of woman in a positive way. I think women in the main are more emotionally stronger than men to be honest, as a single woman can bring up children alone, where as a single father always needs to gain assistance from a female relative such as his own mother, sister, or female friends. This I have observed with one of my own Buddies that brought up his boy on his own, but needed help from his Sister and Mother. I believe though that there shouldn't be any barriers against women wanting to develop themselves in careers or life, as we are all people. I don't like to think of any divides between men and women as this forms much of my own spiritual beliefs, but I do see the divides in society, which would trouble me if I wasn't so lucky to have found my own partner. I believe though that it still is important for men to feel that they are in charge, even if they really aren't the ones running the show, as I think this feeling of authority may be linked to some male's sense of self esteem.
But on principle I basically think that everyone, man or woman, has the right to their dreams and aspirations, and so should never be held back by out of date ideas or cultural conditioning.

Last edited:
Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Modern

You're a big believe of gender equality, and you'll fight for people to be treated as individuals.

You get annoyed when women are held back from reaching their potential - even if they're the ones holding themselves back.
You think gender should be less important than we make it. We're all just people after all.

[h=2]Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Traditional[/h]

You don't consider yourself a feminist, and you think there's not much wrong with traditional gender roles.
You don't think women should try to act like men, and trouble comes when they do.

You have no problem saying a women's place is in the home. You believe most women are happiest in a traditional role.
You believe men should be men and women should be women. That's what we were put on this earth for.

I like the different gender roles... and I think men play the male gender role better than women. Likewise, I think women play the female gender role way better than men.

Additionally, the "traditional" roles can actually work in any sort of lifestyle, anywhere in the world. But "modern" roles only seem possible in highly urbanised, 1st world settings.

Love women. Dont understand them. None of this double standard tripe, everyone is equal.

You're a big believe of gender equality, and you'll fight for people to be treated as individuals.

Same as [MENTION=6801]ThisIsWhoIAm[/MENTION]...

Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Modern
(no need to post the full text since most people got the same)

People not believing that people of all different genders deserve equal respect and rights...... just, no. Go stand in the corner of shame.

Modern

I did answer that I believe men make better leaders than women.

It's up to couples to decide. I don't know if this is true, but I imagine some women want to be CEOs of HP and some may want to look after kids.

I hate the feminist ideology however, and much prefer the sort of Mill version of Liberty and Equality (that is to say - you can do whatever you want as long as you don't hurt others), which I feel is more truthful than Feminism which always feels like a shove at men. Mill advocated equality and greatly respected his eventual wife, who he reported influenced his writings.

Modern

Modern

I did answer that I believe men make better leaders than women.

I've had both men and women as superiors and though it depends on the person, I've found that they're pretty equal.

I've had both men and women as superiors and though it depends on the person, I've found that they're pretty equal.

Same. Seems to be more a personality thing than gender.

Same. Seems to be more a personality thing than gender.

Yeah, I agree. I think most of the women out there who are more mentally and logically driven can be better suited as leaders compared to the more emotionally ones. Of course, the field they are in matters as well.

Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Mixed

You aren't exactly modern in your beliefs, but you aren't traditional either.
You're generally pretty progressive when it comes to gender roles, but you wish that some traditions were preserved as well.

It's likely that you value personal choice and believe that there are many paths for happiness.
You think that being a stay at home mom and a hard charging business women are mutually admirable.

Modern

I think the key element in a great leader is to not allow personal feelings to dictate the outcome of a group. Standards and rules (and logic) should be followed in order to make the environment fair to all. Those who cannot adhere to that principle is in no position to be a leader. In my experience MOST women (not all) allow their emotions to rule how they handle matters. Unfortunately, women are not always confident enough to assert themselves into the positions where they are most gifted.

I think the key element in a great leader is to not allow personal feelings to dictate the outcome of a group. Standards and rules (and logic) should be followed in order to make the environment fair to all. Those who cannot adhere to that principle is in no position to be a leader. In my experience MOST women (not all) allow their emotions to rule how they handle matters. Unfortunately, women are not always confident enough to assert themselves into the positions where they are most gifted.

Women make better leaders IMO. Men tend to be leaders more often because they have more desire for power. Their desire for power, ironically, is what makes them horrible leaders at times. Women on the other hand tend to think more about the community and fairness. And studies have shown that women usually have less of a need for power and dominance. These traits, which cause them to usually not be in a position of power, are ironically the same traits that make them great leaders.

Women make better leaders IMO. Men tend to be leaders more often because they have more desire for power. Their desire for power, ironically, is what makes them horrible leaders at times. Women on the other hand tend to think more about the community and fairness. And studies have shown that women usually have less of a need for power and dominance. These traits, which cause them to usually not be in a position of power, are ironically the same traits that make them great leaders.

I wonder though too, in the differing of our opinions if it is a sensor vs. intuitive perspective. I understand your opinion and do agree with it, but regardless of studies I have always worked for a male and they have always treated me well. Therefore, I have no negative experience to relate in regards to male power and dominance. On the other hand, I have a very assertive and dominant personality ... males in such a position wouldn't want to mess with me. They actually ended up appreciating, trusting and delegating more responsibilities to me. Given that scenario, it's important to see how personalities bounce off of each other ... how your behavior affects the behavior of those around you. Women who are insecure about themselves usually do not like me (including those in a position of power) ... which could be the reason why I have experienced horrible female leadership.

I read a study which suggested that women are far more aggressive than men. A study which was on all major science websites a few months ago, but has disappeared. Thank you internet.