What's your attitude toward women? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's your attitude toward women?

I read a study which suggested that women are far more aggressive than men. A study which was on all major science websites a few months ago, but has disappeared. Thank you internet.

You can find studies regarding this matter in relation to child rearing.

I read a study which suggested that women are far more aggressive than men. A study which was on all major science websites a few months ago, but has disappeared. Thank you internet.

I wish I knew what "aggression" encompasses. It's such a vague term to use and it's not the same as a desire for power.

I wonder though too, in the differing of our opinions if it is a sensor vs. intuitive perspective. I understand your opinion and do agree with it, but regardless of studies I have always worked for a male and they have always treated me well. Therefore, I have no negative experience to relate in regards to male power and dominance. On the other hand, I have a very assertive and dominant personality ... males in such a position wouldn't want to mess with me. They actually ended up appreciating, trusting and delegating more responsibilities to me. Given that scenario, it's important to see how personalities bounce off of each other ... how your behavior affects the behavior of those around you. Women who are insecure about themselves usually do not like me (including those in a position of power) ... which could be the reason why I have experienced horrible female leadership.

This response makes you seem like a woman with a low desire for power and dominance. Especially when you say "they have always treated me well" because it's merely a subjective opinion.

And I'm not sure if its a intuitive vs sensor thing. I learned this concept in business school and its always stuck with me because I agree with it and I observe it quite often. For the most part it depends on the individual, you may just have cool bosses. Or like you said, your personality might make them cooler than they normally are.

Women make better leaders IMO. Men tend to be leaders more often because they have more desire for power. Their desire for power, ironically, is what makes them horrible leaders at times. Women on the other hand tend to think more about the community and fairness. And studies have shown that women usually have less of a need for power and dominance. These traits, which cause them to usually not be in a position of power, are ironically the same traits that make them great leaders.

None of the things you just described are determined or even influenced by sex, though.

None of the things you just described are determined or even influenced by sex, though.

I'm not sure. I'd say a strong intuition and feeling side is more feminine...but that that is not a value judgement.
A lust for power often shows a lack of perspective and the crash and burn is proof of it.

How did some of you guys end up getting anything other than modern?

Can you guys break each of your answers down and explain your reasoning for them? Because I'm having trouble understanding how on earth people would hold such points of view.

Here's my point of view:

1. Do you think it's more repulsive when women swear or tell dirty jokes? No. Why would it be?
  2. Do you think women should be just as free to propose marriage as men? Yes why not?
  3. Do you think that women should pay equally for dates? Yes, or at least contribute equal monetary value in some way.
  4. Do you think the idea of women obeying their husbands is insulting? The idea of anyone trying to make anyone obey them is insulting, so yes. People shouldn't be treated like dogs who pee all over carpets and need to be potty trained.
  5. Do you think women should be as career oriented as men? No. I say no because I don't think men or women "should" be one way or another.
  6. Do you think sexual double standards are unfair? I'm undecided on this one but I still get "modern" as the end result whether I put yes or no.
  7. Do you think men are better suited to lead than women? No. I haven't yet heard of any studies on male and female leadership abilities, and men being better suited to lead than women doesn't seem to be the case with what I've seen in life so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SealHammer
I think that gender is almost completely a social construct.

I do think that the strongest men are capable of being physically bigger and stronger than the strongest women, and that only women are capable of giving birth, but other than that I don't think there are too many differences. I would also like to add that some women are definitely stronger and put on muscle easier than some men, and some men are also more sensitive and nurturing than some women. It's impossible to generalize most qualities to one specific gender and on top of that I think that people in general are probably more adaptable than society gives them credit for.

About the only way that anyone could get anything other than modern on this quiz is if you fully support limiting the potential of other people for dubious reasons.

Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Modern

Reactions: just me and Kgal
I talk with them and sometimes have sex with them. How complicated my attitude towards them should be?

[h=2]Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Modern[/h]
[h=3][/h]

Your attitudes toward women are no different than your attitudes toward men.
You're a big believe of gender equality, and you'll fight for people to be treated as individuals.

You get annoyed when women are held back from reaching their potential - even if they're the ones holding themselves back.
You think gender should be less important than we make it. We're all just people after all.

Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Mixed

You aren't exactly modern in your beliefs, but you aren't traditional either.
You're generally pretty progressive when it comes to gender roles, but you wish that some traditions were preserved as well.

It's likely that you value personal choice and believe that there are many paths for happiness.
You think that being a stay at home mom and a hard charging business women are mutually admirable.

It will
take far more than seven questions for me.

I think the key element in a great leader is to not allow personal feelings to dictate the outcome of a group. Standards and rules (and logic) should be followed in order to make the environment fair to all. Those who cannot adhere to that principle is in no position to be a leader. In my experience MOST women (not all) allow their emotions to rule how they handle matters. Unfortunately, women are not always confident enough to assert themselves into the positions where they are most gifted.

Yes. Irrespective of one's views about women - or men for that matter, it is important I think to allow individuals to be able to maintain their own views about gender roles.

For example, traditional minded women and men should not be forced to conform to gender neutral stereotypes in a modern-aligned society; nor should more modern minded women and men be forced to adopt traditional roles in a traditional-aligned society.

Ie. Liberality is not contradicted by any gender-role preference; it is only contradicted by prescriptive ideology.

[h=1]Your Attitudes Toward Women Are Mixed[/h]
You're generally pretty progressive when it comes to gender roles, but you wish that some traditions were preserved as well.

It's likely that you value personal choice and believe that there are many paths for happiness.
You think that being a stay at home mom and a hard charging business women are mutually admirable.

Mixed