What's Wrong With S Types? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's Wrong With S Types?

What's wrong with sensors...everything they say and everything they do.

Okay, taking this seriously for a second. I personally, rarely garner up enough strong belief to ever infringe on someone else's. How could it be that everything I say and do upsets you?

I do have two ISFP friends, one online and one irl, but I can rarely ever talk about anything in-depth with them. We pretty much only talk about our common interests, primarily video games.

I think part of it is mistyping, people make a category "Sensors" and chuck the strong ESJs and ESPs and the people they hate in there.

It's lazy typology, ESPs and ISJs are the true Sensors anyway.

As for what's "wrong" with them, I'd say nothing. I do appreciate them. Admittedly, I may as well be from a different planet though (or so I'm told lol).

The real issue is tolerance and openness, and there is a lack of both on both sides.

Nothing wrong with 'S' types, some frustrate me because they come across as close minded and irrational but whos not to say I've also meet some 'N' types like that? I would say 'N' types are probably a tad more expressive, understanding and branch out a bit more in thinking but that doesn't them make them better or superior. I admire plenty of 'S' types such as Clint Eastwood (great actor and director) Rowan Atkinson and Chuck Norris.

Last edited:
My biggest problems with S types comes From SJ's and ESP's for different reasons. SJ's sheeply attitude and unwilling to change or see others side of the story. Drives me insane as dose the in ability to grasp anything that's not directly spelled out. And ESP's tend to be way to into parting and way to caught up in the moment and think past it.

Please keep in mind I have an ESTJ friend is rather awesome but hes also my age so I guess that has a lot to do with it.

And I will admit that much of the hate for S types comes from being a minority that majority doesn't value.

Last edited:
What's wrong with S types?

Nothing - but there can be difficulties when I am being VERY Intuitive and an S type is being VERY Sensory:

(S)He won't understand what I am going on about; and I'll get bored about what they are going on about.

Random: Whenever I type S-type I think of the Jaguar family car.

And I will admit that much of the hate for S types comes from being a minority that majority doesn't value.
This opinion I've noticed a lot.

My dad is an S type and I would like to say that no N type could fix things like he does. He can tinker away and find the most random solution for things. It's ridiculous.

I love S types. Some of them make me feel uncomfortable though, because I clearly cannot reach their own levels of S standards.

Also, there are no strict S and N types, because everybody has all four in some combination f,t,s,n. I can assure you all so called N types have an S side about them, and vice-versa.

The other misconception is that S necessarily implies more sensual and physical interest, and less intellectual or abstract, which is not always the case; it's more of an approach to thinking in itself. The abstract thoughts of Sensors can be somewhat more sequential, and the concrete thoughts of iNtuitives can be more jumpy. I can confirm there are lots and lots of S people in the academy, and I'm absolutely sure there are many N people among great sportsmen and musicians.

that's like asking what's wrong with left handed people? nothing, but if a right handed person tries to shake hands with a left handed person, one of them will have to concede and use their non-dominant hand. same with communications between sensors and intuitives- because they're not on the same plane mentally, and have different approaches to communication, it could create some conflict unless one or both makes a conscious effort to communicate in the natural 'language' of the other.

I'll be honest and admit I've only had problems wif some sensors. I'm kinda in a slappy mood. Don't mind me.

Rant warning.

There's nothing wrong with Sensors, in the same way that there's nothing wrong with Intuitives. We're just different.

There is a fine line here, and no one should assume that the reason they can't communicate with someone is because they're an "X"-MBTI. Truth is you have a problem with that person, not their MBTI. You don't know if you're really meeting a Sensor or an Intuitive in Shadow Mode. Personally, I have a more difficult time with certain intuitive types in Shadow than I have with certain Sensors.

Granted, there can be stereotypes about either type and some run close to the truth (it's uncomfortable to read what some NT websites have said about Fe/Fi folks, too - don't look if you're sensitive). No one likes to be pegged as "X" all the time, whether its Intuitives or Sensors or race, religion, gender...what have you. See the person and seek to communicate. If Intuitives have the "upper hand" then we are the ones who should understand the best, and we should be the ones who seek to meet the Other and meet the Other where they are.

We call ourselves diplomats. How in the world can we be diplomats if we have already decided that we are unable to communicate with someone? It might be that yes, some of the stereotypes appear true. But if you label and paint them all with the same brush you will miss out on the opportunity of perhaps meeting a really good friend.

I like sensors because they can help me balance my N when it really matters. It's good to be grounded in what's going on in the present moment. S's help me to enjoy myself in the moment, and take everything in. Sometimes it pays off, and it stretches the limits of what my intuition will allow me to do. They can also help me make quick decisions when I need to, whether I regret them later or not.

The only times I'm annoyed with S's is when they're so involved in the moment that they forget themselves and start acting out without regard for the people around them. Another source of misunderstanding with S's for me is when they try to convince me that I should do something 'right now' because it makes sense logically, when really, my intuition is telling me otherwise. ST's can be bad for just bluntly telling me what's wrong with my thinking.

Basically, there's nothing wrong with sensors, but it can be hard for S's and N's to understand eachother, like any other opposite types.

Nothing.

I mostly feel that way because, even when I have a difficult time relating to someone, I try to understand how they work and find a mutual level of relatability in which to interact.

I have plenty of SP and SJ type friends. I understand that I will have a different relationship with different people, and I do not expect things to run on my terms. I don't expect to be understood by everyone and I don't expect to understand everyone else. I'm happy to just accept people as they are. Life is more fun that way.

So, I don't dislike any type in particular.

I admire S types for their different perspectives and approaches.

Last edited: