What's in a kiss? | INFJ Forum

What's in a kiss?

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
I've never really got kissing. I've tried it, and I usually don't feel anything. Neither an emotional connection nor a sexual thrill. Is there truly suppose to be something significant to saliva swapping?

when it means something, it signifies closeness... of mind, body, and intertwining soul...

The first few are usually awkward with most people. It's over time with practice that physical responses enhance the action to a whole new level . . . or so they say. :)

Kwistalline said:
The first few are usually awkward with most people. It's over time with practice that physical responses enhance the action to a whole new level . . . or so they say. :)

So it is one of those over romanticized things? I hate how in stories and the movies they make it seem like a first kiss is suppose to be this extraordinary emotional/spiritual experience, but when you actually get there, it's just two people putting their lips together. But maybe that is just me.

i've had plenty of experience... and yea, a bit awkward the first time... but once you get into the groove of things (and learn from the best, me), the chicks will come flocking...

Motor Jax said:
i've had plenty of experience... and yea, a bit awkward the first time... but once you get into the groove of things (and learn from the best, me), the chicks will come flocking...

Oh, are you volunteering to teach me? :p

...it is a privilege that has to be earned...

Motor Jax said:
...it is a privilege that has to be earned...

I'm not changing my chromosomes for you. :mrgreen:

Motor Jax said:

Alas its true, he is a truly great kisser ... I don't know about the chics flocking, certainly NOT while I'm in town :evil:

However, on to the question: what's in a kiss? Well, lots of stuff ...

Sometimes its a peck on the mouth as a sign of affection ... this may seem weird but I kiss my mom and my son, my sister and my best friend on the mouth, but never my dad (he hates that, lol).

Sometimes its lust or passion ...

And sometimes it is the loveliest way to say I love you.

I don't know about the first time being a little awkward. Maybe because there was alcohol in me, or that mine was preceded by a heartful conversation, but my first kiss with this girl was good. And the one immediately following was amazing.

There is nothing like a good kiss.
One of my favorite kisses:
He and I worked together and there was a strong chemistry happening but neither one of us had verbalized it. We had a connection and were in synch. Something could happen and if we made eye contact a thousand silent words could be spoken and understood.
The building of the chemistry was remarkable and I was savoring it as was he.
We were at a back yard bar-b-que and we both ended up in the kitchen at one point. As we were busy getting things going we were chatting and laughing, a bit buzzed on two or three beers. I was happily chatting with my head down working on the salad when I noticed he had gone quiet. I looked up and saw him staring at me. The appreciation showing on his face made me instantly melt. He leaned in and gave me the sweetest, softest kiss I've ever had. When he pulled back he had a look of amusement in his eyes as I stood there jaw dropped, mute and overwhelmed by the wonderfulness of it all. Then he put his finger on the top of my head and gently ran it right down my face. Then quickly he said, "Come on goofy, let's get the buns out there!"
I would say 99% of the sexiest times in my life were when I was fully clothed!

:shock: :eek:

Lucky girl!
...Not all of us get to have fairytale moments! :(

that was soooo cute though! :geek:

It was a great moment that's for sure. But like everything that seems too good to be true it sure wasn't. We had been dating openly for a couple of months when it was discovered that almost everything on his resume was a lie, he got fired and I never heard from him again. Who really knows who he was? And you know in hindsight I could see my intuition was trying to tell me something but I squashed it in favor of the fairytale.

sumone said:
It was a great moment that's for sure. But like everything that seems too good to be true it sure wasn't. We had been dating openly for a couple of months when it was discovered that almost everything on his resume was a lie, he got fired and I never heard from him again. Who really knows who he was? And you know in hindsight I could see my intuition was trying to tell me something but I squashed it in favor of the fairytale.

Done that before! Not listening to my Ni, that is!!

Lucky girl!
...Not all of us get to have fairytale moments!

that was soooo cute though!

Agreed! I was numb for, like, five minutes!

BallentineChen said:
I don't know about the first time being a little awkward. Maybe because there was alcohol in me, or that mine was preceded by a heartful conversation, but my first kiss with this girl was good. And the one immediately following was amazing.

I think he meant your very first kiss ;)

I was a tomboy ... bigtime ... but one day the girls were teasing me and saying that I was a boy so I told one of the boys that I would kick his but if he didn't pretend to be my boyfriend. He said ok, but I'd have to kiss him. I'd have rather ripped my eyes out with paper clips but I did it. AGH!!! it was awful :shock: (I need a disgusted icon!) there was spit everywhere and what the heck was he doing trying to stick his tongue in my mouth?

He got punched in the face for his trouble and I went on to endure "you're a boy!" until the summer I got my 32B's ... ;)

Serket said:
Don't know.
Never kissed anyone :(

I don't care if you are a boy or a girl, dead hideous or the loveliest sight to behold ...

Here's a HUGE, TRULY SINCERE, CYBER SMOOCH! Just for you! :mrgreen:

MJ can tell you that if we were having a beer at a bar and you said that, I'd plant one on ya immediately! I wouldn't go any further, but I love making people smile and shocking them into laughter.

sumone said:
There is nothing like a good kiss.
One of my favorite kisses:
He and I worked together and there was a strong chemistry happening but neither one of us had verbalized it. We had a connection and were in synch. Something could happen and if we made eye contact a thousand silent words could be spoken and understood.
The building of the chemistry was remarkable and I was savoring it as was he.
We were at a back yard bar-b-que and we both ended up in the kitchen at one point. As we were busy getting things going we were chatting and laughing, a bit buzzed on two or three beers. I was happily chatting with my head down working on the salad when I noticed he had gone quiet. I looked up and saw him staring at me. The appreciation showing on his face made me instantly melt. He leaned in and gave me the sweetest, softest kiss I've ever had. When he pulled back he had a look of amusement in his eyes as I stood there jaw dropped, mute and overwhelmed by the wonderfulness of it all. Then he put his finger on the top of my head and gently ran it right down my face. Then quickly he said, "Come on goofy, let's get the buns out there!"
I would say 99% of the sexiest times in my life were when I was fully clothed!
:eek:

*lurker melts*