What's a mature ENTP like? | INFJ Forum

What's a mature ENTP like?

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
This is an innocent question out of curosity and it ,in no way, means to undermine a type or prefer one over another, so let's be nice.

For some reason, almost all the ENTPs I have met so far in RL are a little on the "immature" and "childish" side, regardless of age. ENTPs are wonderful, creative, ingenious, lots of fun and just plain awesome...until you get involved with them, and suddenly that Fe fails.

Although, I have grown tolerant and somewhat accepting (and perhaps developed an awkward liking ) to that trademark they have, I am curious if anyone here have had an experience with a "mature" ENTP.

I have read around in other forums that maturing means the ENTP develops their Fe and it acts as a filter of what should and shouldn't be done or said, etc.

I'd love to hear from the ENTPs we have here as well.

Edit: for clarity purposes, think of "mature" as fully developed.

I am looking for mannerisms, traits, habits, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote and Reason
I think George Carlin was an *excellent* example of a mature, put-together ENTP. Julia Child (the chef) was another one. I seriously liked both of those folks, may they rest in peace!

I'm pretty fast.

Then maybe you're an ENTP. Mature ones are quick-witted, usually intelligent, and they know their audiences. They know how to cut to the heart of a situation and they know how to analyze it correctly. I love me some mature ENTPs. They're hilarious.

Seriously immature ENTPs, on the other hand, usually don't care about anyone but themselves, and that's really hard to deal with.

Great description here, including a small blurb about immature ENTPs: http://entp.org/

Then maybe you're an ENTP. Mature ones are quick-witted, usually intelligent, and they know their audiences. They know how to cut to the heart of a situation and they know how to analyze it correctly. I love me some mature ENTPs. They're hilarious.

Seriously immature ENTPs, on the other hand, usually don't care about anyone but themselves, and that's really hard to deal with.

Great description here, including a small blurb about immature ENTPs: http://entp.org/

It's not that I'm immature, I can control what I say. I have the filter. It's just my persona over the internet. And this persona isn't my personality...it's an idea that I've created.

It's not that I'm immature, I can control what I say. I have the filter. It's just my persona over the internet. And this persona isn't my personality...it's an idea that I've created.

Pretty bad idea. :p

Be your authentic self; that's the best advice you'll get. It's the xNFx mantra! :D

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Aww. Why?

I don't like interacting with a made up 'persona.'

I would assume most others don't as well unless they already have a connection to something not so... made up.

I know one. He has very developed Fe. I don't know how to describe it other than that he tricks me into thinking he's an EXFJ at times. He usually smiles a lot and is very congenial, but he'll start sassing people if he's in a bad mood or they're saying illogical things and/or being difficult.

My cousin is an ENTP.
When she was younger, she was EXTREMELY selfish, immature, rash with her words, loud, obnoxious.

Now, she is quite well-mannered,courteous, charismatic, thoughtful with her words and actions ,but still energetic. She now realizes that it's not just about her.

Makes me proud :)

man i wish the entp i knew had been more mature, the conversations we had were abstract and engaging. unfortunately she had anger/control issues, had to constantly keep moving in search of greater stimulation and pinning her down was a tall order indeed. the connection seemed obvious from the get go and if i hadn't been down that road before i probably would've inspite of these issues, but yeah infj entp what a great combo, unfortunately i don't know if i've met a mature one, or really pinned down a famous face who i think would be one, so yeah no real helpful advice from this end it'd all be speculation.

I am very mature, but, if you mean are we all silly and childlike, then yes. That is the nature of Ne and it is what makes us happy. Maturity to me means that I fulfill my obligations, that I treat people with as much respect as they deserve, that I can navigate the adult world. I can be serious, of course, and often am, but my childlike nature is an essential part of me. I have never really grown up in that sense and I have no wish to.

As for Fe development, I would say that mine matured in my late 20s, about 2 years ago now. I have a good idea of how my words and action affect other people and I can choose whether or not to be offensive. Sometimes though I think people need to be offended; it starts their brains working for some reason.

Last edited:
Every time I think of an ENTP I'm reminded of Haruhi Suzumiya, a few of you may have some idea of what I'm referring to. I see them as the type that whilst child like can be good at controlling the situation when everything is going crazy. But other than that I don't know any well enough.

What's a mature ENTP like?

Like me, :m027: (just joking)

I consider myself to be somewhat mature. I put my family, friends and others first before my own needs.
Sadly, most people who I have meet say that's not normal or right for a 20 year old.
Bah, its just a part of growing up in a large family. Growing up in a large family has a had a huge impact on my maturity.
Although I have my kinks, I consider myself to be more mature in my attitude than other females my age.

Last edited:
Oh yeah? Have you ever talked to a 50 year old ENFP? They're still children at that point. Wiser, yes, but very childlike still.