What's a mature ENTP like? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's a mature ENTP like?

I don't know if I know any entps, so no help here.

Except: I never thought that George Carlin was all thar funny... You may prepare the gas chambers for me now. I am ready.

George Carlin at least from what I saw, recited what people are thinking but putting his own sense of rhetoric and humour to it. He had his moments, but he was more one of those people who make you think via his humour... if you haven't already thought of it before that is.

hmm... what separates a mature ENTP and an immature ENTP?

So far an ENTP I'd met outside this forum has an ego as big as Beyonce's ass. =A=;;;

Sometimes though I think people need to be offended; it starts their brains working for some reason.

Yea, sometimes it can break barriers that others put up (The offendee; is that a word? :D) and create enough dissonance to bring realization.

Work-a-holic. Will guilt trip you. Loads of fun.

1. Yes, I have also become a work-a-holic. I went from being really lazy to needing to stay constantly productive.

2. I don't think I guilt trip people. I hope not. I really do get my feelings hurt rather easily.

3. I can be loads of fun, but I can also be a boring stick-in-the-mud if I'm not in the right mood. I'm mostly interested in deep conversations.

There is no such thing as a mature ENTP its just not possible.lol :m100:

At first I was thinking the Landscape Architect that my senior design group is working for seemed like a mature ENTP, but by the end of the conversation his maturity had vanished. I don't know his exact age, but he looked around 70 years old and acted like he was in his mid 20s.

At first I was thinking the Landscape Architect that my senior design group is working for seemed like a mature ENTP, but by the end of the conversation his maturity had vanished. I don't know his exact age, but he looked around 70 years old and acted like he was in his mid 20s.

I find that inspiring.

George Carlin never was mature, he was either stoned or old and crotchety XD.

Reactions: Reason
hmm... what separates a mature ENTP and an immature ENTP?

So far an ENTP I'd met outside this forum has an ego as big as Beyonce's ass. =A=;;;

lol,lol,lol,lol,lol!

"Not I!" said Hotkebab.
I have the exact opposite problem going on here. No confidence, no ego and no self esteem. :m142:

Immature and mature ENTP's will always have a playful child like spirit, regardless of how old we are.

Mature ENTP's tend to think with consideration before opening their large gob. They also tend to put themselves last on the list of importance, which is why they probably come across as workaholics, they work for the benefit of others and reap the rewards from seeing others improve their lives through their hard work and innovational thinking. ENTP's with maturity will also be more open minded to different theories and ideas that may cross their personal line, taking them into account and consideration, they will also be humbled when corrected and are less defensive than their immature counterparts.
To any mature ENTP, family and friends are counted as a blessing. We will do everything in our power to protect and take care of those that matter to us.
Immature ENTP's will put themselves first and will expect everyone to work around them and for them.

ENTP's mature at different stages and ages just like every other MBTI type out there. It depends on the individual and their circumstances. I grew up learning responsibility and sacrifice at a very young age. So It is natural for me to put others before myself, regardless of who that person many be.
However I will not tolerate being used or manipulated (no one should for that matter)

I often hear bad rep about us ENTP's, but I believe that many of us are misunderstood. We have our differences, quirks and complexity, but that doesn't make us bad, horrible or selfish people. Many of us do sincerely care for well being of others, our way of sharing it just looks different and not as obvious as our ENFP counterparts. We may lack empathy (I practically have none) but many of us do not lack sympathy (I have a whole truckload)

So, yeah. :m187:

Last edited:
Reactions: Trifoilum
This man (Joel Salatin) is an example of a mature ENTP.
He's a huge inspiration to me.
This guy is light years ahead of the industrial food industry and has been featured in many award winning documentaries such as Food inc. and Fresh. which you can both watch on youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2FHc0tjMuk&feature=related"]YouTube - Joel Salatin: "How to Eat Well AND Save Our Planet" (interview with CTV Regina)[/ame]

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks that mature ENxP is an oxymoron?

I just thought of someone I could consider a mature ENTP. He was one of the two art teachers at my high school, the one who focused more on skills like jewelry making and glass etchig rather than the conventional drawing and painting. I had him first thing in the morning for Jewelry Design during my last semester of high school, which means my days frequently began with playing with a blowtorch. He covered more in one semester than "the Japanese Masters" who taught him did in 2 years of college. We did silver soldering about 2 weeks into the course, and touched a bit on enamel work before switching to casting and using "Big Bertha" (actually it was "Little Bertha" by the time I got there, as he had to get rid of the big one and downgrade to a gas tank that was barely his own height. I don't remember exactly what happened to the old one, but I believe he said it involved fireworks) to melt the silver in the crucible for our cast rings. (He paid for most of our materials but meant to make us pay is we choose sterling silver instead of pewter, although he'd stocked up before its price went up so we'd only be charged a fraction of the normal price. As a senior I left before he remembered to collect the funds though, so I never paid for my silver ring.)

He may be the only person I've met who could seamlessly transition from discussing the technique of shaping a ring to calculus to philosophy to architecture to 60s rock bands to Middle English ballads to Halloween costumes to illegal drug use to US military studies on the possibility of LSD granting psychic abilities and back to the original topic in under 3 minutes. He is quite possibly the most entertaining man I ever met.

Although he worked full days as a high school art teacher most of his income was from his side business as a jeweler. He drove a red Porsche convertible to school every day, and when it got stolen in the school parking lot he just went out and paid cash to buy a newer version of the name model.

His feeling definitely seemed like tertiary Fe, but I think it was forced to develop more due the responsibility of caring for a son who has an extreme form of autism. I believe he was also a single parent, although I don't recall if he was a widower or if his wife abandoned them when their son got too hard to handle.

Last edited:
Mature ENTPs are Gods.

Reactions: Wyote
Reactions: Lady Jolanda
I have read around in other forums that maturing means the ENTP develops their Fe and it acts as a filter of what should and shouldn't be done or said, etc.

I think this is accurate, generally.
ENTPs are pretty transparent about their motives which comes off as immaturity sometimes but only because they haven't fine tuned their ideologies. Once anyone does that, some level of maturity is sure to follow.