What would it take for a non believer to believe? | INFJ Forum

What would it take for a non believer to believe?

Divine Wannabee

OneOneOne
Apr 4, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
no idea :)
If i could Show you God - you you believe in God?

If you could Hear God - Would you believe in God?

If i could present you With a cetain amount of presentable Information/Data?
Would you then choose to believe?

If i could Present to you Enough Healthy Intellectual Role models who believe?
whould you bel8ieve?

i know God is Real

But my true question is,
What would it take for you as a non-believer to believe in God?

Co-incidence? - i dont know :( :p

Ask yourself "What would it take for a believer to stop believing?"

I came to Christianity on my own. Any outside attempt was turned down flat. Religion is such a taboo subject. People are so scared to say anything to anyone, or they end up saying too much. Living in the bible belt I have had a fair share of people try to recruit me in less than acceptable ways. Telling me that Jesus loves me but will send me to hell if I don't believe in him is NOT going to make me jump on the bandwagon, m'kay? Getting mad at "non-believers" [I think thats sort of a derogatory term] isn't going to win them over!
I say let everyone be. If they want to believe, awesome. If not, thats fine too. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

-Anna

I say let everyone be. If they want to believe, awesome. If not, thats fine too. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs.

Thank you, Anna. I agree with this wholeheartedly.

god and spirituality is like space/time. it is the same thing; we dont encounter space without time, or time without space.
a year measures the space the earth around the sun, and the space the earth travels in one orbit gives us the time we call a year.
this is a verbal separation from the dispersion of languages way back in the day.

applying this einsteinian theory, we observe we never hear of a UFO, god, spirit, or universe without an observer. even this 'objective' reality you're seeing outside of you is actually processed through your nervous system.

so, the universe and observer are one, united. this feeling of oneness, or unity with the universe, is often attributed to 'god' or 'spirituality.'

Some people are mentally and emotionally inclined toward Faith (in a general sense), some less so. It has to do with what kind of information you're predisposed to be susceptible to. I'll use myself as an example. I've had two numinous dreams in my short life of twenty years, but they didn't make me a believer, because my line of thought involving this experience was that it was interesting, but merely a product of my subconsciousness. On the other hand I've heard of people who swear about their dreams involving God being real, and being 'sent' by Him.

People inclined to Faith want to believe in something bigger than themselves, they want the external arbiter, the ultimate, karmic justice that is bigger than the man to exist. Sometimes they have an experience that gives them what they want in a Christian context and they turn there, something it's an entirely different value system.

Their subjective experiences involving feelings pertaining to Faith and God become their stronghold and reassurance.

But then you have people like me, who have experienced the same feeling and it slid off them, simply didn't register in the consciousness as being a literal religious experience, and they explained the feeling in a different context where the feeling is a metaphor, not a literal sign from God.

What would convince me of God existing?

When every single human on the plant in possession of healthy vision would be able to perceive Him with their eyes and explain Him in a sufficiently similar manner, demonstration that they are all seeing the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Bandit
I'm not really sure this is in the right section of the forums, as this area is for public discussion of administrative matters.

[MENTION=3937]Divine Wannabee[/MENTION], would you like me to move it to Philosophy and Religion?

Reactions: cocobean
Have a major traumatic experience in life and finding no other way to deal with it.

It would have to make logical sense based on evidence that would convince a skeptic.

It would have to make logical sense based on evidence that would convince a skeptic.

Do you think that religion could make sense logically? Enough for a skeptic to be convinced? :m080:
I am just curious... Well, I guess it made sense to Kierkegaard and he was pretty logical in arguments, but then he was brought up this way so it's different.

Last edited:
If you could show me a pretzel, I would believe that such pretzel exists, as would anybody else.

Well yeah. If man in the sky starts talking to me directly, then I'll believe he's there.

My belief would be as strong as your information/data is.

whould you bel8ieve?
No.

i know God is Real
You probably don't know for sure...

Would god be content if I lived the life of a good man without believing in him.

It is impossible to experience God directly and then believe in Him. Belief is in something that has not been seen.

Proposing material to be beleived in is one thing, but no matter how appealingly presented, the motive for belief cannot be the data in itself.

whould you bel8ieve?
No, because the motive for belief should be the conviction that what is proposed in for belief is true, irrespective of who else believes.

i know God is Real

But my true question is,
What would it take for you as a non-believer to believe in God?

Co-incidence? - i dont know :( :p
Faith is a gift, which we cannot give to others. God gives grace, which is necessary for faith - and even then one is entirely free to beleive or not.

^^^I agree.

There is general concensus that faith (an initial consent) comes before the processing of thought around a belief system.