What video game(s) do you find inspiring? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What video game(s) do you find inspiring?

Grand Theft Auto always felt limited to me.

Yeah, I get it I can be extremely violent but what's the point when you become rich and beat the game? All I end up doing in those games is buying suits, expensive sports cars, and real estate. I remember going on dates in GTA 4 but fucking hell, same shit every time- annoying yappity yap. After I get wealthy in grand theft auto, I just get nihilistic. What's the point of being rich if you don't have power?

I liked Skyrim.

I built a house for myself, started a family, got strong, got wealthy. The same problem arose again. After all of the enemies I've destroyed, the property I acquired, the family I established, it wasn't enough. I couldn't exert more control over the world.

The best game I ever played was Crusader Kings II.

I get a joy out of becoming an Emperor and taking over the entire world through conquest. Once you've taken every single bit of land available to you on the map, it's amazing what you can do with it. You can leave the entire world to your family (or other possible successors) or let your entire empire fall apart like Alexander's.

What's fortunate is that even after you take over the world and pass away, the next emperor/empress is likely going to have to deal with revolts. It's a good thing to leave your successor with something left to do. It's not good to live an idle life where you're not accomplishing anything or making any moves.

Why stop at world conquest?

I'm a console collector if you'd like any interesting recommendations. My favorite console (that I own) is my Vectrex (vector graphics console with a build-in CRT). I also love my PC-Engine Duo RX (Japanese version of the Turbografx Duo RX).

U R a big nerd

@JennyDaniella i really enjoyed the dying light too! I think I got all the trophies/achievements. Those crazy volatile zombies are scary as shit though :tearsofjoy:

OMG night time is so scary hahaha!! I swear I almost peed myself the first time I saw them! It was horrible!! Haha but it’s such an exhilarating game!! :D

OMG night time is so scary hahaha!! I swear I almost peed myself the first time I saw them! It was horrible!! Haha but it’s such an exhilarating game!! :D

Yeah fuck night time ha!

My favourite part of this game was getting the achievement for kicking 100 zombies off of buildings. It feels oddly satisfying to kick a zombie off a roof :laughing:

My favourite part of this game was getting the achievement for kicking 100 zombies off of buildings. It feels oddly satisfying to kick a zombie off a roof :laughing:

LMFAOLOL :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Some more games that stand out for me:

Metal Gear Solid - I love the entire series but the first one on the PS1 was a flagship game in my eyes. Brings me back a lot of good memories.

The last of us - Just a masterpiece. All I can say really.

Mortal kombat trilogy - I really like the dark world of mortal kombat and I loved this game as a kid.

Resident evil 7 - really gripping and thought provoking storyline

Mario 64 and mario galaxy: I really like mario and whilst I haven’t played them all - These two are my favs out of the ones I have played.

I played the original destiny and finished the main story and stuff but I wasn’t interested in grinding out for loot in the endgame, to simply grind out for more loot in the endgame. I don’t know how the game has evolved since but I loved the game mechanics and so part of me wishes I stuck with it longer.

I played the original destiny and finished the main story and stuff but I wasn’t interested in grinding out for loot in the endgame, to simply grind out for more loot in the endgame. I don’t know how the game has evolved since but I loved the game mechanics and so part of me wishes I stuck with it longer.

The grind is real. It's one of the game's biggest faults. In D2 there are end game activities. I like sandbox games, so my favorite part is doing all the end game stuff at max light. Nightfalls, Raids, Ascendent Challenges, quests for weapons, titles to earn, forges, Shattered Throne, new/different public events (like Escalation Protocols), etc. They also added Gambit, which is a mix of PVP/PVE. I play Crucible if the rotating playlist is a mode I like.

The other problem with Bungie is that Destiny is not a cheap game and you have to buy the 'season pass' and have a Playstation Plus membership (not sure for XBox) to enjoy the full experience and all the content that gives the games longevity and makes it worth playing. It is pricey! (Honestly, this is such a scam! The game is already expensive and then they add more stuff and you have to pay again.) It is worth it for me because I have tunnel vision for my interests and stick to what I like. I currently only play Destiny, Journey, and Sky. (I'm a beta tester for Sky.) If you prefer to play a different game each night of the week the cost of D2 is not worth it.

The last of us - Just a masterpiece. All I can say really.

I need to check this out. Everyone says it is amazing.

The grind is real. It's one of the game's biggest faults. In D2 there are end game activities. I like sandbox games, so my favorite part is doing all the end game stuff at max light. Nightfalls, Raids, Ascendent Challenges, quests for weapons, titles to earn, forges, Shattered Throne, new/different public events (like Escalation Protocols), etc. They also added Gambit, which is a mix of PVP/PVE. I play Crucible if the rotating playlist is a mode I like.

The other problem with Bungie is that Destiny is not a cheap game and you have to buy the 'season pass' and have a Playstation Plus membership (not sure for XBox) to enjoy the full experience and all the content that gives the games longevity and makes it worth playing. It is pricey! (Honestly, this is such a scam! The game is already expensive and then they add more stuff and you have to pay again.) It is worth it for me because I have tunnel vision for my interests and stick to what I like. I currently only play Destiny, Journey, and Sky. (I'm a beta tester for Sky.) If you prefer to play a different game each night of the week the cost of D2 is not worth it.

I need to check this out. Everyone says it is amazing.

Yeah I hate in game micro transactions and the over reliance on add-on content. For the price of games these days it should be the complete package and any additional content should be free of charge.

The last of us is really good! It’s pretty short and is modelled around your a linear story/gameplay but oh my... the story, characters and gameplay are amazing.

If you like sandbox games then I’d suggest Witcher 3. It’s probably the best game I’ve ever played! Best open world experience I’ve ever experienced. The side stories and quests are not generic at all and you get all the freedom to do whatever you want. Plus the story and stuff is awesome :)

Renegade all the way through.

So I completely act like paragon in real life. My ENFP friend suggested I try Renegade on my second play thru of the first game. Never went back to paragon. Renegade for life!

True role play experience, I cringed at a lot of what I did lol. Genocide was a low point but I rolled with it. Best part in the entire trilogy was showing up to rescue archangel and kicking the thug that wouldn't give up information out the window.

So this is a super super super rare and cult following game experience.

PT demo on PS4. Hideo Kojima and guillermo del toro made a demo for a new silent Hill. It was limited availability on PS4 to download but if you have it you can still play it.... It got pulled from the store when Konami kicked Hideo out after MGS phantom Pain released and they killed silent Hill reboot. Hideo then started working with del toro on death stranding.

PT is the most scary game experience I have ever experienced. Literally crazy. I play with with my wife and best friend and we took our time and investigated ever inch. Took us like 3-4 hours and we were addicted

So I completely act like paragon in real life. My ENFP friend suggested I try Renegade on my second play thru of the first game. Never went back to paragon. Renegade for life!

True role play experience, I cringed at a lot of what I did lol. Genocide was a low point but I rolled with it. Best part in the entire trilogy was showing up to rescue archangel and kicking the thug that wouldn't give up information out the window.
Now you know how it feels to be Dick Cheney.

So this is a super super super rare and cult following game experience.

PT demo on PS4. Hideo Kojima and guillermo del toro made a demo for a new silent Hill. It was limited availability on PS4 to download but if you have it you can still play it.... It got pulled from the store when Konami kicked Hideo out after MGS phantom Pain released and they killed silent Hill reboot. Hideo then started working with del toro on death stranding.

PT is the most scary game experience I have ever experienced. Literally crazy. I play with with my wife and best friend and we took our time and investigated ever inch. Took us like 3-4 hours and we were addicted

That sounds cool! Scary, but cool.
I'm really curious about Death Stranding because of Kojima and Mads Mikkelsen and because the art is amazing. I'm a huge fan of Mikkelsen. (Not from Hannibal. I've never seen it.)
It seems too scary for me, though. Hahahaha.

Metal Gear Solid - I love the entire series but the first one on the PS1 was a flagship game in my eyes. Brings me back a lot of good memories.

I have some Metal Gear Solid collection for my PS3 that has the first few games (starting with the PS1 one). I have fond memories of playing that game at a friend's house when I was younger.. I still haven't gotten to it, though. I imagine it would be a pretty big time investment and I already have quite a queue of games on my "to play" list.

I have some Metal Gear Solid collection for my PS3 that has the first few games (starting with the PS1 one). I have fond memories of playing that game at a friend's house when I was younger.. I still haven't gotten to it, though. I imagine it would be a pretty big time investment and I already have quite a queue of games on my "to play" list.

Brooo MGS is the dogs bollocks! You should stop playing other games immediately and play MGS from start to finish :tearsofjoy:

Huge MGS nerd here. I love them. The first MGS is for PS1 is one of my all time favorite games. I recommend the series but it's a time sync and over multiple platforms.