What video game(s) do you find inspiring? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What video game(s) do you find inspiring?

Huge MGS nerd here. I love them. The first MGS is for PS1 is one of my all time favorite games. I recommend the series but it's a time sync and over multiple platforms.

Yes the first one takes some beating. In terms of revolutionising gaming and pushing the frontiers of what was possible at the time.

The phantom pain was an interesting instalment and whilst I enjoyed it for the most part. The way that they rushed the ending and basically just released an unfinished game (in terms of the story) - was pretty disappointing for me.

Aside for the original MGS, my second favourite would be MGS 3 - snake eater :laughing:

Yes the first one takes some beating. In terms of revolutionising gaming and pushing the frontiers of what was possible at the time.

The phantom pain was an interesting instalment and whilst I enjoyed it for the most part. The way that they rushed the ending and basically just released an unfinished game (in terms of the story) - was pretty disappointing for me.

Aside for the original MGS, my second favourite would be MGS 3 - snake eater :laughing:

I'm pretty sure Hideo was taking too long and they got tired of funding/ putting up with him. They had a shippable game and just pushed it out. Everyone payed for it and they put in the last nail in the coffin for the series. Sad ending for me personally since I've been with the series since 1997. The first MGS made me track down the NES versions of the game and play them.

Interested in what Hideo has cooking next.

Reactions: JamieUK92 and Wyote
MGS2 was my first experience of that series and the ending was so good because I really had been playing way too long. I was determined to finish the game that day, and could feel I was so close, so I was in the perfect mindset for that madness.

As a horror fan, I have to give a hesitant shoutout to Manhunt on the PS2. It is just dirty, the whole thing. It has it all though, considering it is such a basic game. It is a fantastic commentary on the outrage surrounding GTA, and violent games generally, at the time. That the mild/medium/brutal execution system becomes superfluous halfway through, yet most players will keep going for them, for pretty shitty rewards like concept art, was a great way to put the onus and responsibility back on the consumer.

Also, Piggsy. Still. Always. The horror.

Reactions: JamieUK92 and Wyote
Aight, I've moved MGS to the top of my list, so I will be playing it directly after I finish the Mass Effect series that I'm playing again (I never actually finished ME3).

As a little jumpstarter for the thread - Beatsaber post :sunglasses:

Public Relations <contact@beat-games.com>
Di 16/04/2019 22:23

Hi Olaf,
thanks for sharing your ideas! It is possible, that you will find some of those features later added to the game, we will see :)
Best,
Marek, The Beat Saber team

Message: Hi, I would like to give an idea in regards to a coop / duel mode for beatsaber (just an idea): You start by creating a party of 2 players (for now), one of the players picks out a song from the available song list. That song will be started at the same time for
for both players. Each player will see a projection (avatar) and a score of the other player (or a total score for both players) while they are dancing (this projection is either in front or besides them, like a dance class).

I&#039;m not sure if this is possible with the VR tracking technology or the available netcode in the Unity platform. But it could be a fun concept to pull in for some multiplayer / competitive / coop / song selection possibilities.

giphy.gif

Going to give some oldies:

Dune , based of the movie, very nice game

4-mirror.png

Day of the Tentacle - This one is very fun (just crazy), there's an HD remake on steam

header.jpg

Torin's passage, very interesting game about a world with multiple layers, fun story

torin-16-e1505402993987.png

Legend of Kyrandia (the hand of fate), fun adventure in a magic world

a96da563a31da4e2748d923999f62700bcbf63538531a78f0a7fd204fc0d50bd_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Going to give some oldies:

Dune , based of the movie, very nice game

4-mirror.png

Day of the Tentacle - This one is very fun (just crazy), there's an HD remake on steam

header.jpg

Dune has been on my want-to-have list for a long time. I love the book and old school adventure games, so it's right up my alley.

As for DotT, any game that Tim Schaefer is part of is probably phenomenal. I'm a big fan of Monkey Island and Grim Fantango.

Dune has been on my want-to-have list for a long time. I love the book and old school adventure games, so it's right up my alley.

As for DotT, any game that Tim Schaefer is part of is probably phenomenal. I'm a big fan of Monkey Island and Grim Fantango.

Good news in regards to Dune, btw. A new movie remake is coming in 2020, directed by Denis Villeneuve (bladerunner 2049) : https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/

I was just playing Imperator Rome.

I am Consul of Rome. I have two daughters and I did what was right; I made every choice with them in mind. Immediately, I went to war with our aggressive neighbors to the north and led the army by myself. Next, I proclaimed myself dictator. With my newfound power, I pushed anti-corruption legislation through the senate. Seriously, the senate are horrible. Their priority is enriching themselves. It's like, what about the damn country? Why would I go to war and put my life on the line for the sake of cash? Honestly, those guys are disgusting.

Next, I crucified the elite families of the land I conquered to give to my family as inheritance.

My term as dictator ended and my time as Consul is almost over. I fear some kind of corrupt bastard coming in and undoing all the work I accomplished.

Because of me, Rome is a more equal, less corrupt society, I fear my last day in office because I'm almost certain that my political opponent is going to assassinate me.

What about my daughters?

What will their fate be?

I need more Destroy All Humans. It was one of the greats.

I like games that go into the paranormal. Well, that and third-person action-adventures, but the genre doesn't offer much in the inspiring category.
Somehow the point-and-clicks have more to offer, in that regard.

For example, I'm replaying Gray Matter, continuing after months now, and the references to Psi as a real thing are remarkable.

I was just playing Imperator Rome.

I am Consul of Rome. I have two daughters and I did what was right; I made every choice with them in mind. Immediately, I went to war with our aggressive neighbors to the north and led the army by myself. Next, I proclaimed myself dictator. With my newfound power, I pushed anti-corruption legislation through the senate. Seriously, the senate are horrible. Their priority is enriching themselves. It's like, what about the damn country? Why would I go to war and put my life on the line for the sake of cash? Honestly, those guys are disgusting.

Next, I crucified the elite families of the land I conquered to give to my family as inheritance.

My term as dictator ended and my time as Consul is almost over. I fear some kind of corrupt bastard coming in and undoing all the work I accomplished.

Because of me, Rome is a more equal, less corrupt society, I fear my last day in office because I'm almost certain that my political opponent is going to assassinate me.

What about my daughters?

What will their fate be?
I love Pin.