What video game(s) do you find inspiring? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What video game(s) do you find inspiring?

Journey.

- My favorite game ever.

- ThatGameCompany's "Sky" is similar.

Destiny (both D1 and Destiny 2). I've had a hard time finding a game that is just as beautiful, has great female characters (both NPCs and my characters), and so many options for things to do and game play preferences. Destiny has its problems, but it truly is better than other games in its group.

Totally agree with Destiny being the best at what it does. It's a great game. I find that my lack of time being the biggest hurdle to it's truly cooperative/social nature.

For all you scifi RPG fans over here

220px-Anachronoxcover.jpg

Detroit Become Human. It got under my skin in a really big way. There's something about it that made me feel uniquely responsible for what happens to the characters. If something terrible happened, it felt like it was my fault. I've never had that experience with a video game, ever. So it gets BIG props for that.

Last edited:
I've had a hard time finding a game that is just as beautiful, has great female characters (both NPCs and my characters), and so many options for things to do and game play preferences. Destiny has its problems, but it truly is better than other games in its group.

The Mass Effect series has amazing female characters, and you can play as a female character (and IIRC, she's a much better voice actor than the dude). I believe I read something that said Bioware's priority was attracting female gamers to the series - it shows.

However, it doesn't necessarily have different play preferences. You're essentially playing a FPS RPG. That being said, I know people that hated FPS's that loved the Mass Effect series because of the amazing storyline, great character interactions, and emotional depth. Even if shooting down enemies seems boring, when your squadmate is a character that your character has a vested interest in (romantically or otherwise), it adds a lot of tension/excitement, especially since you don't necessarily know what will happen to that character or how it will affect the plot. Also, the RPG aspects are pretty strong, i.e. leveling up skills, freezing the action to use abilities, etc.

I will have to check out Destiny...

Detroit Become Human. It got under my skin in a really big way. There's something about it that made me feel uniquely responsible for what happens to the characters. If something terrible happened, it felt like it was my fault. I've never had that experience with a video game, ever. So it gets BIG props for that.

My heart is still bleeding... .. *sob* lol (also: how awsome and clever is the interface AI idea to bring the topic into your own reality?)

I concur with @Asa, Destiny is an amazing game. I haven’t played it in a very long while or video games in general. Will have to get back on my Xbox One again when I am free.

-Destiny is first. I was a Hunter class and loved it. Raids were my favorite when I played with my friends on it and did pretty well on it. Loved Crucible too.

-Halo 1, 2, 3(ODST), 4 & 5. Just loved the storyline. Played Halo the first time with my cousin and brings a lot of good memories, then the rest in my later teens and very early 20s. I think one recently came out, not sure!

-A bit similar to Doom, but loved Dead Space.

-Dying Light. If anyone wants a good zombie game, I recommend Dying Light. It’s as good or maybe a tad better than CoD zombies, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island & The Last of Us. Apologize beforehand if anyone is a fan of these games haha—Dying Light is simply amazing and has great graphics, guns, melee techniques, lots of parkour, and good storyline. It’s co-op too. A second Dying Light will be coming out soon so I definitely need to get back on my Xbox.

-Mass Effect

I probably have more but these are the ones I can think of from the top of my head.

Hahahaha there we go! I always felt it was oddly way too similar to Doom, still a great game! :)

Yup... my point is that back in the day people thought everything was too similar to Doom, but that's pretty much just because id Software essentially defined what a first-person shooter was.

I will say that the developers' intention with Doom was not so much for it to be a horror game with demons that popped out when you least expected them to; it was meant to be a game in which you had to maneuver your way around large numbers of demons while firing at them (a "rule" that was given even more priority in Doom II).

Yup... my point is that back in the day people thought everything was too similar to Doom, but that's pretty much just because id Software essentially defined what a first-person shooter was.

I will say that the developers' intention with Doom was not so much for it to be a horror game with demons that popped out when you least expected them to; it was meant to be a game in which you had to maneuver your way around large numbers of demons while firing at them (a "rule" that was given even more priority in Doom II).

Exactly. I think that’s what brought such huge popularity in the Doom franchise was the unique maneuvering and extensive skill you had to utilize when facing these demons. It’s a great game overall—I would say Doom, Half-Life and Halo are the ones that really brought immense popularity when it comes to first-person shooter games.

Exactly. I think that’s what brought such huge popularity in the Doom franchise was the unique maneuvering and extensive skill you had to utilize when facing these demons. It’s a great game overall—I would say Doom, Half-Life and Halo are the ones that really brought immense popularity when it comes to first-person shooter games.

And GoldenEye

Half-Life was incredibly innovative when it came to immersion. Like Doom, it set standards.

Halo was a phenomenal game, but besides setting a new standard for multiplayer chaos and console gaming, I think it had the luxury of riding on coattails and refining what came before it.

When I was an adolescent, Fable 2.

I liked being a family man.

Prior to that, I was a degenerate womanizer who'd gamble, sleep with men's wives, and avoid gunshots upon the arrival of their husbands.

Mass Effect 1-3

I'm in it for the money and power.

Yes, I committed genocide.

The Mass Effect series has amazing female characters, and you can play as a female character (and IIRC, she's a much better voice actor than the dude). I believe I read something that said Bioware's priority was attracting female gamers to the series - it shows.

However, it doesn't necessarily have different play preferences. You're essentially playing a FPS RPG. That being said, I know people that hated FPS's that loved the Mass Effect series because of the amazing storyline, great character interactions, and emotional depth. Even if shooting down enemies seems boring, when your squadmate is a character that your character has a vested interest in (romantically or otherwise), it adds a lot of tension/excitement, especially since you don't necessarily know what will happen to that character or how it will affect the plot. Also, the RPG aspects are pretty strong, i.e. leveling up skills, freezing the action to use abilities, etc.
Renegade all the way through.

I'm getting a console again, I really need an outlet for all of my evil.

I'm a console collector if you'd like any interesting recommendations. My favorite console (that I own) is my Vectrex (vector graphics console with a build-in CRT). I also love my PC-Engine Duo RX (Japanese version of the Turbografx Duo RX).

I'm a console collector if you'd like any interesting recommendations. My favorite console (that I own) is my Vectrex (vector graphics console with a build-in CRT). I also love my PC-Engine Duo RX (Japanese version of the Turbografx Duo RX).
You're into really old consoles.

Why did you start collecting them? I imagine they take up a lot of space.