What type is most attracted to INFJs ? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

What type is most attracted to INFJs ?

ENFPs very often end up chasing INFJs, especially ENFP-guy/INFJ-girl. Doesn't last long. It's like a passing interest for them.
ENTPs and INTPs, these relationships usually last longer where INFJ fills intellectually fulfilled.
INFPs, common for friendship but something always feel lacking, some kind of annoyance. Too much alike I guess?
ISFPs, ESFPs, and ESFJs, at the very least they attempt to make friends with INFJs.

INTJs are likely to be attracted to INFJs. Ni-Ni connection is just plain awesome. Unfortunately, somehow these relationships often end in a infamous "death spiral". Does anyone know why?

INTJs are likely to be attracted to INFJs. Ni-Ni connection is just plain awesome. Unfortunately, somehow these relationships often end in a infamous "death spiral". Does anyone know why?

INFJ's enjoy the warmth of human affection

Well, INTJs are perfectly capable of showing affection; we're not that cold-hearted creatures. We're just clueless sometimes :)

Well, INTJs are perfectly capable of showing affection; we're not that cold-hearted creatures. We're just clueless sometimes :)

Yeah but thats the problem....warmth and affection are not an intellectual thing

It's not something that you need a clue about

Its something you feel not something you make a conscious effort to act

Reactions: dang
Yes, warmth and affection are just something one feels, but showing them isn't neccessarily totally spontaneous and not requiring any concious effort. Does planning a romantic evening count as a show of affection?

Last edited:
Yes, warmth and affection are just something one feels, but showing them isn't neccessarily totally spontaneous an not requiring any concious effort. Does planning a romantic evening count as a show of affection?

It's contrived

Genuine warmth is spontaneous, natural and instinctive

Here's the thing....INTJ's are often drawn to INFJ's but the one that will end up short changed is the INFJ because they will be starved of what they need

It's not a good dynamic and this forum is littered with testimonials to that effect

muir said:
It's contrived

Genuine warmth is spontaneous, natural and instinctive

Awww, now you've hurt my CPU :(
I'll stick to the statement that "spontaneous and instinctive" isn't the only proper way to show someone affection. Heck, I guess I've found the answer to my original question.

muir said:
It's not a good dynamic and this forum is littered with testimonials to that effect
So is the intj's forum; the term "downward spiral" originates from there, I believe.

That's sad, really.

Reactions: Littlelissa
Awww, now you've hurt my CPU :(
I'll stick to the statement that "spontaneous and instinctive" isn't the only proper way to show someone affection. Heck, I guess I've found the answer to my original question.

So is the intj's forum; the term "downward spiral" originates from there, I believe.

That's sad, really.

Dude i'd like to sympathise but you have a robot as your avatar!

Reactions: t5juyt and acd
Yes I think we are truly screwed.

It seems like INFJ males have it worse than females because we are too soft for some.

I don't mean physically.

Thats probably true.

I have yet to meet ENTP women. I've meet ENTP men and ya we tend to not get along so well.

Also I'm think going to have bad luck.

My mom is an ESFJ so that is not the type I prefer but I may just fall into that trap at some time.

I'm an INFJ woman and I undoubtedly prefer INFJ men.. I love that you guys are sweet, I can be very on guard about things because I pick up on bs.. But what I like is that you make me feel like that is not unfounded.. And the ones I like have been confidant types but softeees inside oh I love it.. Natural Romantics

I value honesty and authenticity like many INFJ's do. I find these traits prominent in ISTJ and other types like them.. they have order and they get things done, It's sort of a duality. But then you know, I'm attracted to them, they're attracted to me (came across two ISTJ men x) but there are a lot to work with especially communication, understanding and a bit of prioritizing.. but then it's natural and easier for INFJs to pair with ENFJ or xNFP, probably more fun, but ISTJ's are damn mysterious and something(someone) different :m026:

I don't think there is a perfect answer as to which type "belongs" with which type because in my experience, two people can be the same type but be radically different. For example, my father and my fiance are the same type, but there are so many differences between the two. They are so different that one I'm about to marry and the other I tend to avoid interaction with because he is so in your face about stuff. I also believe that just because you had a bad experience dating someone of a particular type doesn't mean you will run into the exact same problem again with another person of the same type. People are more than 4 letters, and MBTI is simply an outline of the person as a whole. I also believe that people of the same type will have different tastes in a partner and will have different and unique needs so asking the question "I'm (xxxx), what type should I date?" Is much too broad of a question. It's more important to do some soul searching to find out what YOU desire in a partner, and then find someone that matches those desires for you. Oftentimes these things will correspond with a particular type, and many of your type will come to the same conclusion as you do, but correlation does NOT equal causation. In other words, having similar daring experiences by dating a particular type may not be the cause of the success in the ralationship. People are more complex than 4 letters and 8 cognitive functions.

Reactions: Free
A high-IQ INTP female here who would LOVE to find a harmonic mindfulness-type of connection with an INFJ guy to keep my untamed cynical nature at bay and who instead would let my eccentricity and creativity flow! Too bad they're so rare, and me meeting new people even more so ;)

INTJs for me. And it is mutual.

A high-IQ INTP female here who would LOVE to find a harmonic mindfulness-type of connection with an INFJ guy to keep my untamed cynical nature at bay and who instead would let my eccentricity and creativity flow! Too bad they're so rare, and me meeting new people even more so ;)

Give it a few weeks. You'll get over it.

I can't deny the allure of ENFPs and ENTPs (as well as ENFJs to a certain extent), but I also very much admire and often depend on ISFJs and ISTJs. Though the types often lack a deeper appreciation for the theoretical and esoteric in daily life, they are extremely capable. I agree with many of the posters above that MBTI is not an accurate matchmaker. Romantic compatibility is based on maturity, shared values, and similar developmental stages. No matter how discerning and careful a person might be about choosing a potential partner, attraction is never an internally controlled process

No one is attracted to INFJ males. We are the alternative when no one else is available. The afterthought. The pity fuck. At best, a temporary substitute for something better. That's the impression I'm getting. We are no one's first choice.

I hate being this type. It feels like some sort of repulsive mental illness that you have to keep hidden.