What type is most attracted to INFJs ? | Page 10 | INFJ Forum

What type is most attracted to INFJs ?

No one is attracted to INFJ males. We are the alternative when no one else is available. The afterthought. The pity fuck. At best, a temporary substitute for something better. That's the impression I'm getting. We are no one's first choice.

I hate being this type. It feels like some sort of repulsive mental illness that you have to keep hidden.

Sounds like you have had a few lousy experiences. Try to stay positive about who you are and the things you can get out of life. Hating parts of yourself is very energy intensive, when you could be doing something much more fun. Try to be strong and healthy and build yourself up by doing things and working towards things that you enjoy and value.

No one is attracted to INFJ males. We are the alternative when no one else is available. The afterthought. The pity fuck. At best, a temporary substitute for something better. That's the impression I'm getting. We are no one's first choice.

I hate being this type. It feels like some sort of repulsive mental illness that you have to keep hidden.

Sorry to hear that for you, but as an INFJ male, I'd say that's not the case for me. If that's how you perceive yourself, then that is the stone you'll carve. I'd say try learning on how to develop more alpha traits, and be confident in who you are. INFJ's have great magnet personalities, you can't keep it bottled up. Once you let your aura shine, and your catalyst of sparking personalities and ideas, you'll be the first choice, and even if you aren't, you should feel it!

What helped me was coming out of my comfort zone. Instead of contemplating the person I wanted to be, I took action and became that person.

You're just meeting the wrong people for you. Listen to invisible and Persona.

I think a lot of INFJs would choose a different type if they could, but you have no choice, so embrace it and make the most of it.

ENFJ and INFP. I'd never choose to date these types again either!

ENFJs are attracted to our mysterious introverted side, but they can't handle it in reality!

INFPs are too nice.

What MBTI type or type of person finds INFJs especially attractive [in the romantic manner] ?

I'm an INFJ, and I've noticed that the guys who are most persistent in pursuing and who "fall hardest for" me are generally ENTJs and people who are *very ambitious and very inclined to be leaders.

I am just curious why that is ? Is it because of their personality traits [i.e. ambition and attaining their goals] or because they find something particularly attractive about INFJs' qualities ?

Who likes infj males? Crazy people?

Reactions: Zafronio25
I dont fall for any "type" I try too just go for different than the last type each time. I dont like the same ol sort.

I'm an INFJ woman and I undoubtedly prefer INFJ men.. I love that you guys are sweet, I can be very on guard about things because I pick up on bs.. But what I like is that you make me feel like that is not unfounded.. And the ones I like have been confidant types but softeees inside oh I love it.. Natural Romantics

Hell yeah.

Being an INFJ (gay) male,, I can't really give a direct answer to the question itself - other than I tend to know what I'M attracted to.
I am usually attracted towards xNTJ's.

My brother is an ENTJ and very much one.
My male best friend is an INTJ and very much one.

I like the sense of confidence, intelligence, and zeal for academic/professional pursuits that these personality traits wear as there common-clothes.

So, it's comfortable, I suppose. And a lot of my life has been spent around one or the other. My best friend may as well be considered a brother since we've known each other just shy of 20 years. I suppose I know how to handle the sometimes, "cold" exterior they project and see through it. There affections and gestures of love are subtle and leave a lot in the unsaid and the actions themselves. I have a bit of a tendency to place too much of verbal affirmations sometimes. Being around them has helped me not to be so dependent on getting them.

I've been dating an INTJ dude for about 4 months and things are going really great. It is, indeed, a comfort zone interacting with him on a daily basis. And the fact that we have romantic feelings for one another makes it a truly unique, exciting, and joyful experience. All the while finding comfort in the familiar experiences of the day-to-day.

Reactions: t5juyt
I can't tell if one of my former boyfriends was an infj or an intj. He was quite peculiar, which makes me believe he's an infj....but boy, that guy never shut up. He was literally just a walking brain with no off switch. So, because of his intense logical nature and inability to care about my feelings (or have any) leads me to believe he's an intj. Back to the main point of this comment- this guy chased me for 4 years..so I'm pretty sure intj's are intrigued by infj's own mystery and friendliness

I don't know about my MBTI type, but I'm almost surely an enneagram 8.

I'm attracted to INFJ's. As long as they're the interesting type with mystique and intelligence. If it's the self-absorbed crybaby type who can't cope, I'll pass.

I have no clue.

The couple (it's like 3) girls I've ever dated were all introverts, and I think those who have pursued me were introverted as well. I just don't click with extros very easily, the exception being intuitives, but EN personalities are few and far between as far as I've met.

Reactions: Kgal
What MBTI type or type of person finds INFJs especially attractive [in the romantic manner] ?

I'm an INFJ, and I've noticed that the guys who are most persistent in pursuing and who "fall hardest for" me are generally ENTJs and people who are *very ambitious and very inclined to be leaders.

I am just curious why that is ? Is it because of their personality traits [i.e. ambition and attaining their goals] or because they find something particularly attractive about INFJs' qualities ?
INFJ / ENFP / INTJ

Reactions: Littlelissa
ENFP are fun!..... I need a shirt that says that!
My husband is one and seems like people I like could be NF's. I don't care for T's too much, they rub me the wrong way.

ENFP are fun!..... I need a shirt that says that!
My husband is one and seems like people I like could be NF's. I don't care for T's too much, they rub me the wrong way.
MY ex was ENFP... and I dated my first "T" recently.. an INTJ.. the intensity was insane and he was very sensitive and emotional, but the anger / harshness... I can'talk deal. :0 I'm a lover, not a fighter ;)

MY ex was ENFP... and I dated my first "T" recently.. an INTJ.. the intensity was insane and he was very sensitive and emotional, but the anger / harshness... I can'talk deal. :0 I'm a lover, not a fighter ;)
*cannot deal* ;) Typo's...

I'm friends with "T" type people but I don't think I could live with one.

RIGHT! My mom is ENTJ.. and I dated an INTJ who talked tons and was quite emotional but his harshness when asked to "backtrack" was not my cup of tea... so I called it quits. T types can be ... dare I say it "mean".. no thanks.. ;)

The techy guys use to always fall for me. This confuses me a lot because I'm nauseatingly Fi.
So for some reason i've always been in relationships with Ti types. It might be because I'm actually capable of listening and understanding what they are telling me and able to give them honest feedback based on the information they give me AND my personal insight. But only if they are kind....I close up when someone is aggressively opinionated. Most Ti's find me overly sensitive but still respect me because they know I don't see the world with rose colored glasses all the time and value knowledge and logic.

I've always been drawn to clever guys so Ti's have me looking at them all wide eyed hehe
This might actually have a positive effect on their ego, too...

I'm married to an ISTJ and he pretty much hates everyone except me. lol
We complement eachother really well...so opposites do attract.
It has its challenges but we always figure things out together.
The fact that I am an introvert helps *alot* since i do like being alone with him.
And when I need the extra re-charge, I can isolate myself for an hour or two without him freaking out.
I also leave him be when he's tinkering around with his hobbies.

To explain our dynamic to others, I always say:

"I dream the dream and he makes sure it comes true"

:m015:

Sooo..to answer your question, I think Ti's are often attracted to Fi's and vice versa....but in the long term, a relationship between them needs A LOT of work for them both to be happy in it.

But hey, any relationship has its challenges. You just need to figure out which challenges you are willing to take on.

Reactions: Kgal