What makes you happy (everyday)? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What makes you happy (everyday)?

What makes me happy is my sense of gratitude for all the little things... having a pleasant home, good food to eat, a kitty curled up by my feet, birds singing outside my windows, the sound of the neighbor's kids playing, having a/c on a hot day, family and friends...

[video=youtube;EVG80vqVfSA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVG80vqVfSA[/video]

You know, it occurred to me that the initial picture of this Louis Armstrong video/song, where the clouds are below us, would have been a completely unknown view for people a century (or less) ago. Now, we completely accept it and know what it is, without question. We take it for granted, yet it is still amazing, in a way, to be above the clouds.

Some personal space and a quiet time.

I'm not sure of my type, but... I know this much. *peaceful smile*

[video=youtube;0907_J_xRSU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0907_J_xRSU&feature=related[/video]

tomorrow

[MENTION=4601]Pengy[/MENTION] makes me happy everyday! :m032:

Great conversation
Good books
Friends
Laughing

Reactions: grt$5vb
feeling meaningful, like my existence is worth something

Cats. :p One giant ginger cat with a tattered ear, specifically.

My quiet little 5yo coming to sit beside me. Not talking. Just to sit.

Autumn (how I wish it were every day).

Having an hour to myself when no one in the world wants to bother me about anything. Tea, book/laptop/daydream, some kind of food, and blessed solitude.

Fantasy/sci-fi. I know.

NTPs.

Chocolate covered edibles. Cheese. Wine.

My two best friends. One is one of the most beautiful empathetic conversationalists I know, and the other pulls rich culture and lust for life out of thin air, and surrounds you with it like a warm blanket. They make my life happy.

A good problem to solve. Preferably one that falls within my field of talent.

Alan Rickman.

Last edited:
My existence.
The puppy.
The bed that I sleep in.
The ability I have to fight for social issues, to try to make the world a better place.
The walks I take with the puppy each morning (excepting weekends and when the dogs escape the yard and I have to chase them around)
Being able to learn/speak other languages.
My eyes. :p

Positive thinking. Well done. But.................

Sometimes you have to accept reality for what it actually is. Negative or Positive. Stop lieing to yourself. That called "Denial", sounds like your name too.

Sounds like solid advice but sometimes you've got to stop projecting and
actually consider what the other party wants, especially when they don't
give a fuck what insults in the form of "advice" you have to throw their way.

Projection is a form of denial.

Self-reflect and improve your grammar.

Sometimes you have to accept reality for what it actually is. Negative or Positive. Stop lieing to yourself. That called "Denial", sounds like your name too.

who do you think you are? some sort of infallible omniscient deity? you're no better than anyone else. you can't go around talking to people like that. where did you even get that stuff from? pure garbage.

Last edited:
[MENTION=4587]jesin[/MENTION], I recommend to you the book "The power of positive thinking" by Norman Vincent Peale, "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill, and the children's book "Pollyanna" by Eleanor H. Porter.

The point being, the intent of your focus will be what you receive in this life. To be the eternal pessimist may make you feel above it all and intelligent but it is only yourself that you are fooling. It's a shame, because I see so many intelligent people fall into this trap of "the world is shit" and ever spewing negativity. But ultimately the only person negativity hurts is yourself. It makes people not want to be around you, it makes your outlook bleak and it assassinates motivation towards great things, because your view of the world is that it is a pile of shit, and who wants to be the king of a pile of shit?

My family, and the nature's details; Trees, clouds, and water.