What makes someone "interesting"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What makes someone "interesting"?

Infectious enthusiasm combined with intelligence and the ability to articulate clearly their ideas and feelings. I've never met an accountant with all these qualities but, I imagine, were I to, even a discussion about accounting and tax strategies could be interesting. The most interesting people I've met have been thinkers and doers who have lived adventurous lives. They've been prolific readers and serious travelers. And, they've been very good at telling their stories.

Yeah, someone who can make you interested in what they are doing (quite passionate), is also interesting to me.

Great answer Grey Wolf! Mystery is intriging! Add to that: Selflessness, depth of thought, humor, creativity, individualism, and a bit of naughty!

you have my vote on that as well! I especially like to talk to people with more individualism and depth of thought. brings a refreshing change to the people I meet daily.

Infectious enthusiasm combined with intelligence and the ability to articulate clearly their ideas and feelings. I've never met an accountant with all these qualities but, I imagine, were I to, even a discussion about accounting and tax strategies could be interesting. The most interesting people I've met have been thinkers and doers who have lived adventurous lives. They've been prolific readers and serious travelers. And, they've been very good at telling their stories.

I have :peace: met an accountant with infectious enthusiasm and able to articulate clearly ideas and feelings and is deeper and has more intelligent thoughts than seems. Or at least an account student hehe. A slight pity that things between us are a little strained at the moment. though hopefully time would solve this soon

bumpin this for more opinions

intelligence + humility

Okay, trying to write this (under the assumption that it's what makes you interested in the first place, not what keeps you interested) with anything other than 'cute face'. (Menkui ahoy!)

Having a fulfilled life?
The 6 part in me would say someone in -compatible- authority, but I would twist it into someone with authority of his own life, which is compatible with mine.
Not being a jerkass / douche / asshole / what have you.

[strike]A cool head, a well-rounded character, a sense of humor and a dash of daring. I'm not alluding to myself btw.[/strike]

Meh, scratch that, I'm just listing attributes that I like and I think that narrows it down too much.

Whatever they're willing to share about where they've been and where they're going.

Last edited:
I find people who are compassionate, selfless, and generous to be very interesting.

Stand out a bit,
even if it means blending in.

Ask questions.
Thoughtfulness.
Intelligent, I love being able to mentally spar with someone.
"Quirkiness" --> love it
Surprising, even after years have gone by.
Eternal scholar.
If I can learn something from someone, they are very interesting to me.
(not to imply I know everything, of course; no one does)
Been through difficult conditions

In short: tons of stuff, recognizable at a glance (or three). Better to avoid mental checklists and just run with it, in my experience.

I think everyone is interesting, regardless of whether I like them or not or want to be friends with them or not, I'm always interested to know what I can about them. People are different in all situations, dynamic.

Just wanted to point out that you INFJs are describing ENTPs :) makes me happy. You guys are so cute :D cute little INFJs. Also, I would like to say that a lot of ENTPs you thought you met are probably estps. They can be pretty deep and theoretical when they want to be! But they aren't quite us ;) they piss me off most of the time :(

And yes, I'm advocating you guys find an entp and give him/her a chance! Were all the things listed here, if you give us a chance to show you! An infj gave me a chance, and its magical :)

When someone has an extremely intelligent, complex (and often dark or surreal) inner world. That's most of it.

Just wanted to point out that you INFJs are describing ENTPs :) makes me happy. You guys are so cute :D cute little INFJs. Also, I would like to say that a lot of ENTPs you thought you met are probably estps. They can be pretty deep and theoretical when they want to be! But they aren't quite us ;) they piss me off most of the time :(

And yes, I'm advocating you guys find an entp and give him/her a chance! Were all the things listed here, if you give us a chance to show you! An infj gave me a chance, and its magical :)

Actually, we're all other types who've mistyped ourselves as INFJs because we wanted to be cool.