What makes someone "interesting"? | INFJ Forum

What makes someone "interesting"?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, what makes someone interesting to you? Whether it's personality, tastes, interests, hobbies, physical characteristics [keep it clean :m197:], a look, a feature, etc.

Edit: Or maybe it's just the idea of a person . . . what's intriguing . . .

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what makes someone interesting, it just does. Sometimes I'm with a group of people and through that multitude I can pick almost as magically with whom I see myself having a future relationship(romantically or platonically), but to tell you the specific characteristics of what makes someone interesting is something that I'm still oblivious about.

It's different for everyone.

So you want me to list everything that I find interesting in people?

What are you going to do with the information?

Just another way to get to know people.

Last edited:
Just thought it would be interesting if people shared what they thought was interesting about people. Another way to get to know people. Nothing more. Umm. ok.

I think Yield was just teasing you. He tends to do that a lot ;)

Hm I'm usually drawn to people that have some kind of a passion in life. And to people who are interested in a lot of different things. Good taste is definitely an important factor. Looks don't make anyone more interesting, but they are nice in addition I guess lol.

I don't know. They actually think about things and talk about stuff other than what they read in pop culture magazines or whatever.

Hm I'm usually drawn to people that have some kind of a passion in life. And to people who are interested in a lot of different things. Good taste is definitely an important factor. Looks don't make anyone more interesting, but they are nice in addition I guess lol.

Cool.

This is hard to articulate, and if I were to it would get extremely long winded. The short of it is, someone who stands out from the rest, they have quirks that make them different. They aren't 'generic'. I can't peg them quickly.

"The ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time."

Anybody a littl bit outside of the norm I guess for me.

hmm.. I think for me would be someone who I cant "figure out" in 20 seconds.

hmm.. I think for me would be someone who I cant "figure out" in 20 seconds.

Great answer Grey Wolf! Mystery is intriging! Add to that: Selflessness, depth of thought, humor, creativity, individualism, and a bit of naughty!

I put a lot of stock in someone's taste of music. (This makes me shallow and lame, but what can I say?)

Also, someone with strong values and opinions, with similar interests but from different perspectives...someone who is easy to talk to.

I put a lot of stock in someone's taste of music. (This makes me shallow and lame, but what can I say?)

Ditto. Music is so important to me that anyone who claims to 'like everything' or gives me bland answers is almost immediately written off as 'uninteresting'. Hehe.

Ummm, otherwise, it usually is their body language that is most interesting to me. I like to figure out people's types while I get to know them. I have the most trouble figuring out Js from Ps on initial conversations, but I can usually identify everything else almost immediately. The most interesting people are the ones who are the most individualistic. Say no to conformity!

If I think I can learn something from them, they are especially interesting to me. Also, if they have faced difficult things in life.

Infectious enthusiasm combined with intelligence and the ability to articulate clearly their ideas and feelings. I've never met an accountant with all these qualities but, I imagine, were I to, even a discussion about accounting and tax strategies could be interesting. The most interesting people I've met have been thinkers and doers who have lived adventurous lives. They've been prolific readers and serious travelers. And, they've been very good at telling their stories.