What Is Your Opinion on INTJs? | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

What Is Your Opinion on INTJs?

Was that a burn @ThomasJ79?
I actually really like the NiTe style, they're good at showing people that they're wrong. Lol. But that's what I mean by they're not always the best at communicating in "people-friendly" ways. But I always found they're clarity refreshing at times.

There is nothing inherently good or bad about showing people they are wrong. It depends on the motivation and reason to have value. Showing people they are wrong for the sake of showing is not a positive trait, imo. It has to have context to be meaningful. Types aren't individuals and every situation is different. Sometimes you have to correct people and not be afraid of doing so. Society couldn't function if people didn't help other people learn. People wouldn't grow. Even so, there is a way to do so that takes the other person into consideration. The less considerate you are of others, the less of a human being you are, as being human includes having empathy for others.

There isn't a huge difference between INTJs and INFJs deep down, it's in the superficial externals that the differences appear, but because that's what we show to other people those differences get amplified out of all proportion. Both types soak up and live the contraditions of existence and feel its logic, its glories and its pains - more so than other types perhaps. INFJs express this outside themselves with logic flavoured love, and INTJs with love flavoured logic. Both types need time to absorb and integrate new information when it conflicts or adds novelty to our inner Ni perception - and I mean hours or days, not seconds or minutes, when there is a big disconnect between them. If we are pushed into a response in the moment, you will almost certainly get a false consensus from an INFJ which will feel harmonious, because we are good at it, and a hard edged argument from an INTJ. People who want us to absorb conflicting new information or perspectives and want us to see things differently, need to give us plenty of time to process it. I think Ni dominant folks of both types are the most accommodating of new insights, but not instantaneously. Of course once a conflict has been created, we can be the most stubborn as well at defending our positions against invaders - again with passive agressiveness from INFJs and active agressiveness from INTJs. These seem very different from the outside, but I don't think they are different at all that much at the roots.

The most paradoxical MBTI type. Everyone else is quite easy to understand and put into a box, but INTJs remain a complete mystery for me.

ENTJs are easy. But INTJs Ni-Fi inner world is simply something so foreign to me. I just had a 4 hour comversation with my INTJ friend yesterday and I will perhaps post some thoughts about it later.
Imo INTJ's are not that hard to understand. The real complex ones are ISFP's. They are so very simple and very complex at the same time.

Arrogant and insecure. They totally need a lesson in humility and the INFJ is just the person to provide said lesson. This is exactly what they are waiting for...someone to call them on their BS.
Unhealthy INTJ's are definitely like that. But ones that are developed more on their feeling part, are usually not very arrogant. Also kind of hypocrite to complain about arrogance and in the same post say your own type to 'provide' them a lesson in humanity.

Two of my closest siblings are xNTJs. I generally get along well with NTs (regardless if they're J or P).

I think for me the main difference that I notice is that when I want to achieve something aggressively I'll seek xNTJ's advice,help or opinion. While if I wanted an intellectual insight, I'll go to xNTPs. Both are incredibly smart though.

I forgot this is an opinion for INTJs. Lol. I find I have better and mutual understanding with xNTJs in a way that I don't have to explain things much, they just "get it". Kind of like completing each other's sentence. I find their sarcastic humour hilarious and refreshing as well.

Oh. I find they're more emotionally attached to someone that they care about more than how I (a feeler) would be. But that's because they rarely invest emotionally on people. Lol.
I agree with the part about INTJ's "just getting it" and needing no explanation (well not always, but a lot of times). It is so refreshing.

I've always wondered about this. How do INTJs and ENTJs see each other, and I wonder if it is at all similar to INFJ vs ENFJ match ups. Because, I actually sense more similarity between INFJ and INTJ in how we see things than INFJ and ENFJ. But ENFJs can be similar in a way to INFJ. Like, my ENFJ friend and I would share much of the same Fe judging ideals about how the world "should" work, but he took those things sooo much more seriously. I also kind of saw him as a womanizer/pig, wannabe "king" sort of type. He was less intellectually curious than an Ni-dom would be. I wonder if it is similar to INTJ/ENTJ...?
Pig?... Being popular with females or enjoying female attention does not make you a pig. Very toxic stereotype. But yes I also agree with you that ENFJ's are kind of 'queen bee's' like ESFJ's. My sister is very popular with guys too. She just knows exactly how to make them like her. And not just romanticly, but she is also very good at having friendships with guys.

Based on the internet stereotypes and common type descriptions, I do not care for INTJs in general. It is difficult to have a relationship with anyone who believes they are always right, are insensitive to the feelings of those around them, are constantly sarcastic and condescending. It sounds more like a dark personality than a genuine personality. But this all depends on what one's description/definition of INTJ is. They don't have to be any of those dark things. You can be an INTJ and be warm, caring, and kind. Really, you only need dominant Ni and auxillary Te to be INTJ. It says nothing of the degree in which Te overshadows Fi. If they are quite close in strength, then you are going to have someone that resembles a human being. These INTJs I love. It's the ones with a high ratio of Te:Fi, the ones that are considered rare, that I do not particularly care for. Still, even those traits, while negative for relationships, are important for society, but only up to a certain point.
The wanting to be right is indeed an annoying thrait in many INTJ's. Also in INTP's, ISTJ's and ENTJ's. (and even in unhealthy INFJ's and ISFJ's). But these types can actually be very warm on a personal level when you get close to them. Just filter out the toxic ones. But this is for every type.

Last edited:
I have a personal theory about Ni doms. If INTJs didnt exist the civilization would collapse - because INTJs seem to be the ones to create the structures that humanity needs to evolve. Without INFJs, life would be meaningless and there would be no reminder of what's important or worth striving for in the first place! Just my view...
INTJ and INFJ are the base structure for civilization. The rest are the ones making their plans a reality and making sure it stays in place.

INTJ and INFJ are the base structure for civilization. The rest are the ones making their plans a reality and making sure it stays in place.
The price paid for that is that they are always on the edge of it, on its boundary with the darkness.

There is nothing inherently good or bad about showing people they are wrong. It depends on the motivation and reason to have value. Showing people they are wrong for the sake of showing is not a positive trait, imo. It has to have context to be meaningful. Types aren't individuals and every situation is different. Sometimes you have to correct people and not be afraid of doing so. Society couldn't function if people didn't help other people learn. People wouldn't grow. Even so, there is a way to do so that takes the other person into consideration. The less considerate you are of others, the less of a human being you are, as being human includes having empathy for others.
Your last sentance is something I agree with strongly. I believe that people who completely lack empathy are not human inside (narcisists, psychopaths, sociopaths). Just human body and brain.

There isn't a huge difference between INTJs and INFJs deep down, it's in the superficial externals that the differences appear, but because that's what we show to other people those differences get amplified out of all proportion. Both types soak up and live the contraditions of existence and feel its logic, its glories and its pains - more so than other types perhaps. INFJs express this outside themselves with logic flavoured love, and INTJs with love flavoured logic. Both types need time to absorb and integrate new information when it conflicts or adds novelty to our inner Ni perception - and I mean hours or days, not seconds or minutes, when there is a big disconnect between them. If we are pushed into a response in the moment, you will almost certainly get a false consensus from an INFJ which will feel harmonious, because we are good at it, and a hard edged argument from an INTJ. People who want us to absorb conflicting new information or perspectives and want us to see things differently, need to give us plenty of time to process it. I think Ni dominant folks of both types are the most accommodating of new insights, but not instantaneously. Of course once a conflict has been created, we can be the most stubborn as well at defending our positions against invaders - again with passive agressiveness from INFJs and active agressiveness from INTJs. These seem very different from the outside, but I don't think they are different at all that much at the roots.
The intentions of INTJ and INFJ are also a lot of the times opposite. INTJ has more an agenda of wanting to make the truth come out and keeping everyone on the right path to avoid bullshit. INFJ agenda is more to keep everyone in a positive energy and create new paths.

The price paid for that is that they are always on the edge of it, on its boundary with the darkness.
Exactly. Always doubting about the very base of society and seeing problems on a very big picture. It is exhausting and makes you feel you are all on your own without proper support and backup. But it is also a gift. We are not bound to useless social rules that make no sense, because we filter them out automaticly and don't feel forced to follow them.

The intentions of INTJ and INFJ are also a lot of the times opposite. INTJ has more an agenda of wanting to make the truth come out and keeping everyone on the right path to avoid bullshit. INFJ agenda is more to keep everyone in a positive energy and create new paths.
That's the appearance from the outside, but those are just differences in the way we express what we see with our Ni, which is our heart and soul - we don't actually show raw Ni to the outside world very often or very easily though. Both types are rooted in their inner vision and the rest is just a matter of how they relate it to their inner and outer worlds. The differences in the other functions seem to be quite significant, and in a way they are because they affect our behaviours on the outside, but they are not that significant in my view when we compare our inner worlds, which is what really matters to us.

Exactly. Always doubting about the very base of society and seeing problems on a very big picture. It is exhausting and makes you feel you are all on your own without proper support and backup. But it is also a gift. We are not bound to useless social rules that make no sense, because we filter them out automaticly and don't feel forced to follow them.

Hahaha! Yes! It's a good place to be as well as a difficult one :)

I have a personal theory about Ni doms. If INTJs didnt exist the civilization would collapse - because INTJs seem to be the ones to create the structures that humanity needs to evolve. Without INFJs, life would be meaningless and there would be no reminder of what's important or worth striving for in the first place! Just my view...

Civilization needs all types and are all valuable in their own way. Each type is essentially a specialization and are to civilization what organs are to an organism. We are each individual cells.

These don't have to be mutually exclusive though. People can and often do a little bit of both.

And I actually think INFJ are a dying breed with INTJ may still be around bit not nearly as relevant as in the 20th century.

Why so?

There seems to be plenty of very influential INTJs in the world today — Musk, Zuckerberg, Putin,etc.