What Is Your Opinion on INTJs? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What Is Your Opinion on INTJs?

Indeed!

P.S. have fun/hope you had fun on your gathering! <3 <3 Lots and lots of love to you, Sister Bear!
Awwww big bear hugs to my sister fox!
b76fd733c6fefbeea76dabc17f0fce51--bear-print-ron.jpg

INFJ and INTJ are the two rarest types. More than 10 years ago when I spent more time on this, most INTJ communities had mostly highly intelligent ST types that test as NT for this reason mainly.

It should actually be more difficult to distinguish INTJ and INFJ, these two types also receive the most desire to be associated with.

Just checked two prominent figures in the world of pedagogy where the whole agenda is to present and guide through structured knowledge which is not an intuitive trait better for unstructured knowledge or unstructured and independent mind that require a different approach.

Suspect several here know immediately whom I'm talking about.

Now to science this a bit with empirical support that shows some weaknesses of MBTI:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0053699
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0148637

The point here is to look at the images, and notice the topics involved in the fMRI studies.

So for this to be meaningful one has to completely forget any notion about literal and concrete interpretations of MBTI.
Consider it abstract and phenomenological proper.

Novel information involves the visual cortex, and this is suspect number one for a strong preference for both Ni and Ne.
Semantics involve mainly the senses as semantics as it relates to coherence is a GLOBAL process, that this is senses makes a lot of sense for the frequent use of nonsensical in philosophy.

So what's actually going on? Well, there are two hemispheres, one can be said to be Ti/Te and the other Fi/Fe as these things don't involve emotions as it relates to TEMPERAMENT and strong instinctual emotions, but is of course associated with it as there is a natural overlap for right hemisphere semantics and somatosensory/listening to your body more easily get's included in your psychological preferences and personality.

So what is more important for "intuition" a very strong sensory cortex capable of introspection or reflection, or having a good visual cortex to imagine rather than run towards the next excitement one sees.
What is what here, visual cortex or sensory cortex as intuition? As I suspect an extension to this is that the combination of visual thinking and preference with good introspective abilities in combination to be quite rare, but you only really need one of these cognitive abilities to "pass" as an Ni or Ne. Perhaps the sensory-cortex is extroverted intuition?

All this being said, Jungian typology is massively useful in spite of short comings.

INTJ's are amazing!

Bonus, possibly very stereotypical INFJ? Which is it?
If it's not novel, make it so!

Last edited:
I don't judge by personality types, but INTJs as friends are a wonderful combination of calm, cool, and smart and helpful, mixed with a generally dry and slightly edgy sense of humor that is pretty funny and refreshing. They tend to be the "funny douchebag" type of friend when they're not being super serious -- it's really funny until they pass the line just to piss people off, which can test my near infinite patience every once in a while, but I learned to understand and deal with that rather quickly. They are generally aware of how they don't understand people as well but that makes them work hard at understanding people, and I think they do a wonderful job at that. From my experience, they're also generally well put together. Pleasant and refreshing, not another cookie cutter person, they are quite unique and genuinely love to just learn and learn. Their only downside is that they can be quite insensitive at times, but that's the product of a lack of Fe and a tertiary Fi, so it's quite understandable.

I don't judge by personality types, but INTJs as friends are a wonderful combination of calm, cool, and smart and helpful, mixed with a generally dry and slightly edgy sense of humor that is pretty funny and refreshing. They tend to be the "funny douchebag" type of friend when they're not being super serious -- it's really funny until they pass the line just to piss people off, which can test my near infinite patience every once in a while, but I learned to understand and deal with that rather quickly. They are generally aware of how they don't understand people as well but that makes them work hard at understanding people, and I think they do a wonderful job at that. From my experience, they're also generally well put together. Pleasant and refreshing, not another cookie cutter person, they are quite unique and genuinely love to just learn and learn. Their only downside is that they can be quite insensitive at times, but that's the product of a lack of Fe and a tertiary Fi, so it's quite understandable.

That's my brother in a nutshell. Especially the 'funny douchebag' bit. That's him to a 'T.'

The most paradoxical MBTI type. Everyone else is quite easy to understand and put into a box, but INTJs remain a complete mystery for me.

ENTJs are easy. But INTJs Ni-Fi inner world is simply something so foreign to me. I just had a 4 hour comversation with my INTJ friend yesterday and I will perhaps post some thoughts about it later.

The most paradoxical MBTI type. Everyone else is quite easy to understand and put into a box, but INTJs remain a complete mystery for me.

ENTJs are easy. But INTJs Ni-Fi inner world is simply something so foreign to me. I just had a 4 hour comversation with my INTJ friend yesterday and I will perhaps post some thoughts about it later.
Oh I'd love to read that - I'll be waiting!

why do you automatically assume my opinion comes from a bad experience? That's a cop out. It's an observation is all. Actually I think they are quite cute (arrogance aside).
I guess because it was a strong opinion, and a lot of the time they're attached to equally strong personal experiences. Just a guess.

Fair enough - 'cute asshole' is a step up, at least :laughing:

I guess because it was a strong opinion, and a lot of the time they're attached to equally strong personal experiences. Just a guess.

Fair enough - 'cute asshole' is a step up, at least :laughing:

Thanks for the INTj insight H...it's a perspective that might potentially sway my strong opinions.
hahahah@cute asshole.

Two of my closest siblings are xNTJs. I generally get along well with NTs (regardless if they're J or P).

I think for me the main difference that I notice is that when I want to achieve something aggressively I'll seek xNTJ's advice,help or opinion. While if I wanted an intellectual insight, I'll go to xNTPs. Both are incredibly smart though.

I forgot this is an opinion for INTJs. Lol. I find I have better and mutual understanding with xNTJs in a way that I don't have to explain things much, they just "get it". Kind of like completing each other's sentence. I find their sarcastic humour hilarious and refreshing as well.

Oh. I find they're more emotionally attached to someone that they care about more than how I (a feeler) would be. But that's because they rarely invest emotionally on people. Lol.

Based on the internet stereotypes and common type descriptions, I do not care for INTJs in general. It is difficult to have a relationship with anyone who believes they are always right, are insensitive to the feelings of those around them, are constantly sarcastic and condescending. It sounds more like a dark personality than a genuine personality. But this all depends on what one's description/definition of INTJ is. They don't have to be any of those dark things. You can be an INTJ and be warm, caring, and kind. Really, you only need dominant Ni and auxillary Te to be INTJ. It says nothing of the degree in which Te overshadows Fi. If they are quite close in strength, then you are going to have someone that resembles a human being. These INTJs I love. It's the ones with a high ratio of Te:Fi, the ones that are considered rare, that I do not particularly care for. Still, even those traits, while negative for relationships, are important for society, but only up to a certain point.

I've always wondered about this. How do INTJs and ENTJs see each other, and I wonder if it is at all similar to INFJ vs ENFJ match ups. Because, I actually sense more similarity between INFJ and INTJ in how we see things than INFJ and ENFJ. But ENFJs can be similar in a way to INFJ. Like, my ENFJ friend and I would share much of the same Fe judging ideals about how the world "should" work, but he took those things sooo much more seriously. I also kind of saw him as a womanizer/pig, wannabe "king" sort of type. He was less intellectually curious than an Ni-dom would be. I wonder if it is similar to INTJ/ENTJ...?
When it comes to knowledge, I tend to care about the kind that helps me accomplish goals.

Oh I'd love to read that - I'll be waiting!

OK, here are some observations about this specific INTJ (my friend). His enneagram is probably some mixture of 1, 3 and 5. He has a touch of reculisiveness about him, but at the same time cares for the world more than me. He is also super ambitious.

First difference between us is that he is not a verbal type. I noticed NTPs are probably the most verbal of all - that's why I like Peterson. You can logically and verbally trace all of his arguments. INTJs thinking process seems to be much more abstract and "in the air". My friend would say thing such as "if you are persistent, you will eventually suceed". You can't really logically argue with that - I mean, I guess you could find example of people who were persistent but did not suceed, but that's kind of besides the point. When I pressed him on this point, I found out that despite that sentence "if you are persistent, you will eventually suceed" seemed kind od superficial to me, he actually had a rich collection of proofs and reasons for believing that.

Another thing is that he is very needy and demanding, but in the good sense. He doesn't settle for anything, he does not accept things. He is willing to pay a lot of money for certain things that could appear a bit silly to others. For example, he is willing to pay $200-300 for a tootbrush. $300 for a computer mouse etc. If he has demands, he wants them satisfied, no matter the price. Basically, comfort/time is more important to him than money. The most extreme example is that he hates driving and he would be willing to spend thousands of dollars a year to hire a personal driver. I thought he was joking, but the scary thins is that he is not.

And if you think about it, the more specific and excesive your demands/needs, the more drive you have to climb higher to satisfy them.

But now about the paradoxes:

The biggest one is, I think, the paradox between their narrow focus and open mind. They are probaby the best of all types at seeing the other perspective. INFJs are very open minded as well due to Ni and Fe, but their tertiaty Ti is kind of judgemental and creates a lot of categories on which it judges people. INFJ are quite judgemental of other people.

But INTJ have Fi instead of Ti, so they do not create these logical categories. Sure, INTJ may be very judgemental of morally corrupt or evil people, but in my experience they are quite accepting of people who are completely different from them. While INFJ have a certain "us versus them" mentallity, INTJ could really find something valuable in everyone, no matter how they differ in interests, opinons and occupation.

Basically, INTjs are not rigid types at all, For example, a lot of them gets interested in hard sciences, but at the same time I don't find them being arrogant and looking down on social scieces (like certain INTP Sheldon Cooper). They can see the perspective that social sciences bring to the table, at least the healty ones. ISTJ on the other hands are the arrogant pricks who think their field is above the rest.

I think the online descriptions of INTJs focus too much on their Ni-Te. It desribes only 50% of them and completely ignores the other part.

Last edited:
OK, here are some observations about this specific INTJ (my friend). His enneagram is probably some mixture of 1, 3 and 5. He has a touch of reculisiveness about him, but at the same time cares for the world more than me. He is also super ambitious.

First difference between us is that he is not a verbal type. I noticed NTPs are probably the most verbal of all - that's why I like Peterson. You can logically and verbally trace all of his arguments. INTJs thinking process seems to be much more abstract and "in the air". My friend would say thing such as "if you are persistent, you will eventually suceed". You can't really logically argue with that - I mean, I guess you could find example of people who were persistent but did not suceed, but that's kind of besides the point. When I pressed him on this point, I found out that despite that sentence "if you are persistent, you will eventually suceed" seemed kind od superficial to me, he actually had a rich collection of proofs and reasons for believing that.

Another thing is that he is very needy and demanding, but in the good sense. He doesn't settle for anything, he does not accept things. He is willing to pay a lot of money for certain things that could appear a bit silly to others. For example, he is willing to pay $200-300 for a tootbrush. $300 for a computer mouse etc. If he has demands, he wants them satisfied, no matter the price. Basically, comfort/time is more important to him than money. The most extreme example is that he hates driving and he would be willing to spend thousands of dollars a year to hire a personal driver. I thought he was joking, but the scary thins is that he is not.

And if you think about it, the more specific and excesive your demands/needs, the more drive you have to climb higher to satisfy them.

But now about the paradoxes:

The biggest one is, I think, the paradox between their narrow focus and open mind. They are probaby the best of all types at seeing the other perspective. INFJs are very open minded as well due to Ni and Fe, but their tertiaty Ti is kind of judgemental and creates a lot of categories on which it judges people. INFJ are quite judgemental of other people.

But INTJ have Fi instead of Ti, so they do not create these logical categories. Sure, INTJ may be very judgemental of morally corrupt or evil people, but in my experience they are quite accepting of people who are completely different from them. While INFJ have a certain "us versus them" mentallity, INTJ could really find something valuable in everyone, no matter how they differ in interests, opinons and occupation.

Basically, INTjs are not rigid types at all, For example, a lot of them gets interested in hard sciences, but at the same time I don't find them being arrogant and looking down on social scieces (like certain INTP Sheldon Cooper). They can see the perspective that social sciences bring to the table, at least the healty ones. ISTJ on the other hands are the arrogant pricks who think their field is above the rest.

I think the online descriptions of INTJs focus too much on their Ni-Te. It desribes only 50% of them and completely ignores the other part.
Very interesting, thank you. (sorry, I'm a bit sleepy so I can't reply fully)

Reactions: Daustus and John K