What Is Your Opinion on INTJs? | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

What Is Your Opinion on INTJs?

i just talked on the phone with my ISFP grandmother and it's always fascinating to see how much she reminds me of my INTJ friend when talking about emotions.

What I like about her is that she sees things clearly. She doesn't pretend things are fine. My other ISFJ grandmother is willfuly blind and likes to create a happy united feeling when the whole family gathers, but the ISFP one simply doesn't care for that. It is very obvious that she dislikes certain family members, and she tells them. Like, everyone knows.

She is sensitive, yet very forceful with her feelings (probably due to Se). And that really reminds me of INTJs.

I think her approach is much better, Her judgements are very accurate and in the long term it doesn't serve anyone to pretend. I really hate this Fe pretending scene. Like, our family obviously has problems. I don't wanna gather and laugh at stupid jokes from an ESTP uncle.

The whola gamma quadra is interesting (INTJ, ENTJ, ISFP, ESFP). Probaby my favorite.

I think it is the Fe dominants, with sensing, that are more likely to pretend everything is fine. I think it would go something along the lines of ESFJ, ISFJ/ENFJ, and then INFJ, Fe auxillary is more nuanced and subtle, and also has a pretty good grasp of Fi, it is just not preferred. This makes sense as IFJs are introverts and tailor more toward individuals than groups, even if group harmony is important.

No, I really like Fe. I love NFJs and think it's amazing to be diplomatic, to be engaging towards others, ask them questions, create a good amtoshpere etc. I love to be in the company of good Fe users (usually NFJs).

But Fe combined with Si is soooo weak sometimes. They are blind, they cannot read the cues, they are just following some pre-set patterns. To be a good Fe user, you have to be a bit more adaptable and you have to able to read the body language of others (Se).

Also, I find SFJs always demand kindness back. I feel like they are keeping score. Get out of here with this.

SFJs are also needy and jealous, they need attention etc. All annoying as hell. The ESFJs I know are a bit better - at least they are a bit more quirky and funny,

I am sure there are good ones out there, but the ones I've met - no thanks.

And I fricking hate it when my ISFJ grandma tells me stories about her travels and all the sensory details. I don't care about it and I don't wanna see the pictures. NFJs would never just start talking about it, and if they did, they would quickly realize that I do not care. But ISFJs...my god. :sleeping::screamcat:

My mother and brother are ISFJs, and we're enemies for many reasons, but the reasons you expressed above concerning ISFJs are some of those reasons. I don't desire to be enemies with any family-members, BUT, "it is what it is"!

My father I've not seen in a very long time, but if my memory is correct, he's an ESTP--and all STs drive me nuts.

Philostam, I think your description of SFJs is the most accurate I have read in a while.

I absolutely LOVE everything about them, EXCEPT they often seem to believe they are NEVER incorrect about anything.
giphy.gif

Regarding always being right...

Is it possible INTJs feel this way because they are never completly wrong either? For complex issues of course, not factual checks that are either true or false.
Then, could we say that a wrong INTJ is in fact an INTJ that doesn't take enough into account?

Regarding always being right...

Is it possible INTJs feel this way because they are never completly wrong either? For complex issues of course, not factual checks that are either true or false.
Then, could we say that a wrong INTJ is in fact an INTJ that doesn't take enough into account?
INTJ's are n.e.v.e.r. completely right on anything. We just create a whole theoretical "fact-checked" conceptualisation of a subject and are proud to present it to everyone.
But we know that there will be someone who can and will break it down. And if (s)he does it, respect.

I find it funny when people don't "get" them when they explain things that way because it's so methodical and clear - it's like they're not listening to the content, but groan over the "dry" style.

Yes, I can relate to this. It's like they try to find some hidden meaning, or get the whole picture, but no, it's really just that, every statement means what it means.

I like the way INTJs break things down too. Usually very clear, concise, and orderly statements. I find it funny when people don't "get" them when they explain things that way because it's so methodical and clear - it's like they're not listening to the content, but groan over the "dry" style.
That's a very nice compliment towards INTJ's.

Now, INTPs, on the other hand, they fascinate the hell out of me. I think they ask the best questions, because they make YOU do the work to think about it. Usually they're questions don't have right or wrong answers either. But they keep their brain so private - I have no idea what they're really thinking. I always imagine the INTP brain to be actually rather simple - some key rock-solid principles and everything thing else "clear" and open to interpretation. IDK.
Oh INTP's are the "Einstein" type of MBTI, a massive pain in the ass to argue with theoretically because they are the better equipped for kicking ass intellectually. They automatically get the respect points (Ti dominant, so yeah...good luck challenging that). Plus they got Fe as an extra perspective...good combo. But they are also stubborn as fuck when it comes to discussing theoretical concepts (more than INTJ's).
INFJ's have that same flair but in lesser extent with Fe and Ti in a different position; hence the fascination towards INTP's i think?

Yeah it's almost impossible, with their cryptographic logic and "word judo", but INTPs and I can share a good laugh. Their arguments also cancel out and meet their match with INFJ "Jedi mind-trick" lol.
N / T looping with INTP friends - it works a treat. I remember spending several lunchtimes at work with a great INTP guy working out whether it was better to run or walk in the rain :sunglasses:. We used to have a lot of those sort of fascinating and totally useless conversations.

Yeah it's almost impossible, with their cryptographic logic and "word judo", but INTPs and I can share a good laugh. Their arguments also cancel out and meet their match with INFJ "Jedi mind-trick" lol.
Yup, same with INFJ's in regards to cryptographic logic and "word judo" mind-trickery...tends to fly over my head too often...clever sexy minds, both types.
giphy.gif

Yup, same with INFJ's in regards to cryptographic logic and "word judo" mind-trickery...tends to fly over my head too often...clever sexy minds, both types.
giphy.gif

I wonder if INTJs can't do the same thing really. I think the way we are brought up we are taught to prize thinking over intuitive insight, but what really shines with Ni dom / Ti Dom conversations is the combination of playful Ni perspective-shifting coupled with the rapid fire, playful Ti assessment and analysis of the perspectives. The INTP is very comfortable with the effervescent change in viewpoint because of the way their Ne works. The INxJ has to stop their T or F functions from immediately moving to judging closure for this to work well, but we are taught from infancy not to hold back like that - I think that amounts to institutionalised abuse myself lol.

I wonder if INTJs can't do the same thing really. I think the way we are brought up we are taught to prize thinking over intuitive insight, but what really shines with Ni dom / Ti Dom conversations is the combination of playful Ni perspective-shifting coupled with the rapid fire, playful Ti assessment and analysis of the perspectives. The INTP is very comfortable with the effervescent change in viewpoint because of the way their Ne works. The INxJ has to stop their T or F functions from immediately moving to judging closure for this to work well, but we are taught from infancy not to hold back like that - I think that amounts to institutionalised abuse myself lol.

The crypto-judo mind trickery? It's difficult. From a personal perspective: I "can read" the mind trickery, but I can't just immediately respond to it. Both Ti and Fe and Ne are just not natural to INTJ's (wish I could, really do). That's why they made these nimble cue cards for us.
Cards.jpg

The crypto-judo mind trickery? It's difficult. From a personal perspective: I "can read" the mind trickery, but I can't just immediately respond to it. Both Ti and Fe and Ne are just not natural to INTJ's (wish I could, really do). That's why they made these nimble cue cards for us.
Cards.jpg
:sunglasses::tearsofjoy::sunglasses::tearsofjoy:

Posted this before but it fits here I think ....

tumblr_pmfceaLrW21wjfolao1_500.jpg