What Is Your Opinion on INTJs? | INFJ Forum

What Is Your Opinion on INTJs?

Discussion in 'Psychology and MBTI' started by iHeartCats, Sep 4, 2014.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 16 users.
More threads by iHeartCats
  1. iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    Do you like them or not? And why?
    What is a typical INTJ like in your opinion?
     
  2. niffer

    niffer Well-known member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    Threads:
    177
    Messages:
    8,031
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    3,240
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESTP
    my opinion is that they are an imperfect version of entjs
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    muir and invisible like this.
  3. OP
    iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    I have met some great INTJs, but I think that most of them are boring, logic only logic, and no emotion whatsoever. Social retards also (there are exceptions, but they seem to be rare).
    One time I made a playful thread on their forum. They took it 250% seriously and collectively trolled it like a bunch of retarded Borg drones. It was a veritable supernova of an idiotic INTJ vanity fair. I couldn't believe my eyes.
     
    #3 iHeartCats, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    muir and niffer like this.
  4. niffer

    niffer Well-known member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    Threads:
    177
    Messages:
    8,031
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    3,240
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESTP
    The INTJ forum banned me and effectively half of their active member base when I was 15 or so years old, for (stupid) reasons completely irrelevant to on-forum activity. nuff said.

    (though, I don't think this comment is necessarily reflective of INTJs as a type)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tin Man

    Tin Man "a respectable amount of screaming"

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2012
    Threads:
    27
    Messages:
    4,231
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    6,921
    Trophy Points:
    969
    Location:
    Right behind you...
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    N
    How do I put this tactfully. Hm, INTJs...well, we're gods. Being an INTJ means you're just better than everyone else. Just like being an INFJ means you're a magical, psychic unicorn. It's simply the way it is. Because of this so many people pretend to be INTJ. They know that it'll get them into the best clubs, dine with the upper echelon of society and meet the biggest names in Hollywood.

    I know it's hard not being INTJ. You have to accept your boring, pathetic existence. You know that no matter what you do, how much money you make or breakthroughs you discover you'll never be INTJ.

    Yeah, well I think and is an imperfect version of hand. So suck it.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Deleted member 12009 likes this.
  6. SpecialEdition

    SpecialEdition Well-known member

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2013
    Threads:
    27
    Messages:
    3,373
    Likes Received:
    3,063
    Trophy Points:
    877
    Gender:
    Female
    MBTI:
    No idea
    Enneagram:
    Five?
    For the most part I find them fascinating. I was involved romantically with one for a while and it was a very exciting time. On the outside of it he was kind of a boring person but his internal world was so huge. It was amazing to get to connect with that for a while. That relationship did not last and we would not have been compatible long term and it fizzled out just as fast as it began. So it goes.
     
  7. OP
    iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    Actually, you're one of the endemic INTJs that are cool. You have a sense of humor, which is a thing so rarely found in INTJs - I estimate about 5% of total INTJ population to have it. Also you seem to possess emotional and social intelligence - are you sure you're INTJ?
    The other 95% are just boring as fuck and even though they might be computer/math/physics geniuses, I'd say their social and emotional IQ is well below average.
     
  8. Eventhorizon

    Eventhorizon Permanently relocated
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Threads:
    251
    Messages:
    16,553
    Featured Threads:
    31
    Likes Received:
    10,234
    Trophy Points:
    2,187
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Fortunately some intjs are able to look past emotionally charged judgments. Otherwise it might be difficult for them to interact with a large portion of the rest of the world. Thats important because of all the beautiful things they provide when they feel exceptionally giving.

    On the flip side I enjoy infjs because without heart, irrationally destructive as it may be, the world would be a much more boring place...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Eventhorizon

    Eventhorizon Permanently relocated
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Threads:
    251
    Messages:
    16,553
    Featured Threads:
    31
    Likes Received:
    10,234
    Trophy Points:
    2,187
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    You say that only because you think he was joking...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. OP
    iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    Might be? I'd say that it actually is difficult for a lot of them to interact with a large portion of the rest of the world (unless with their fellow INTJs), but you also seem to be one of the 5% minority that don't lack emotional and social IQ (I've read some of your posts and your blog). Actually the INTJs of this forum seem to be ok. Don't want to make people think that my posts on this thread are about the INTJs of this forum, because they are not.
     
  11. OP
    iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    No, I said that because I've been on this forum for some time and I've seen a lot of his posts. I find them humorous and entertaining.
     
  12. Eventhorizon

    Eventhorizon Permanently relocated
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Threads:
    251
    Messages:
    16,553
    Featured Threads:
    31
    Likes Received:
    10,234
    Trophy Points:
    2,187
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Your just saying that to try and get on my good side... :)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Eventhorizon

    Eventhorizon Permanently relocated
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Threads:
    251
    Messages:
    16,553
    Featured Threads:
    31
    Likes Received:
    10,234
    Trophy Points:
    2,187
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Dry humor. ...
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. OP
    iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    I happen to like dry humor.
     
  15. Eventhorizon

    Eventhorizon Permanently relocated
    Banned

    Joined:
    May 19, 2013
    Threads:
    251
    Messages:
    16,553
    Featured Threads:
    31
    Likes Received:
    10,234
    Trophy Points:
    2,187
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Then I find you to be an acceptable infj... ;)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. OP
    iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    N-no I'm not...

    <3
     
  17. cautiouskitty

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2014
    Threads:
    1
    Messages:
    7
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    2/9/6
    My husband is a suspected INTJ (I can't get him to take the test, but he fits the description to a tee), and I find him incredibly sexy but incredibly frustrating at the same time, rather often. His mind is amazing and I love listening to him talk about things he has a passion for, but it's quite frustrating for me sometimes that he can come off as insensitive toward me, especially in regards to criticisms and dealing with emotions (which as an INFJ I have plenty of!). He doesn't understand that when I am criticized I can't help but cry, nor does he really get that such criticisms (always meant in a loving and positive way, of course) are already things I think about all the time already but have a hard time expressing. It's like I think to myself "I know already; I don't need you to tell me about my faults, however helpful you feel like you're being".

    Other than that sense of me being all feeling and him being all thinking, we're otherwise perfectly in accord in all ways. Our social mores, values, and standards are all alike, just he goes at things logically and I go about things emotionally, which I think is actually a nice comliment because we both fill out the gaps in each other's personality traits. The more I'm coming to know the INTJ type, the more comfortable I'm getting with the idea that he is what he is, and I'm what *I* am, and that's okay. I hope that one day he will kind of end up thinking the same, because I often feel that he's trying to make me be *him*, all thinking and logic, all the time, and I just can't be that way. Not that he doesn't love me or he wants me to change...he just really doesn't get it. I also don't think that he understands that this is not a "woman thing", but a type thing. But he doesn't believe in typing, so I'm at a complete loss there!
     
  18. Bird

    Bird Happy Go Lucky

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2010
    Threads:
    120
    Messages:
    6,172
    Featured Threads:
    1
    Likes Received:
    3,057
    Trophy Points:
    878
    MBTI:
    -
    Enneagram:
    -
    Some INTJs I like. Very rarely though do I like them.

    I cannot stomach anyone who NEEDS to be right.
    99% of the time that is a behaviour displayed by INTJs.

    #NoThankYou
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. INTJs are surprisingly likable. I love discussing abstract stuff with them! It just comes naturally to INTJs, unlike many other types.
    They're similar enough to my type to have the same interests, but different enough to keep it interesting, so to speak.
     
  20. OP
    iHeartCats

    iHeartCats Community Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2014
    Threads:
    28
    Messages:
    295
    Likes Received:
    38
    Trophy Points:
    0
    MBTI:
    ESFP
    What is it that you find likable about them? Can you clarify? Because I'm sure that they have a lot of good qualities, but I have somehow obviously failed to notice them.
     
Loading...

Share This Page