What Is Your Opinion on INTJs? | INFJ Forum

What Is Your Opinion on INTJs?

iHeartCats

Community Member
Jun 7, 2014
MBTI
ESFP
Do you like them or not? And why?
What is a typical INTJ like in your opinion?

I have met some great INTJs, but I think that most of them are boring, logic only logic, and no emotion whatsoever. Social retards also (there are exceptions, but they seem to be rare).
One time I made a playful thread on their forum. They took it 250% seriously and collectively trolled it like a bunch of retarded Borg drones. It was a veritable supernova of an idiotic INTJ vanity fair. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Last edited:
Reactions: muir and barbad0s
I have met some great INTJs, but I think that most of them are boring, logic only logic, and no emotion whatsoever. Social retards also (there are exceptions, but they seem to be rare).
One time I made a playful thread on their forum. They took it 250% seriously and collectively trolled it like a bunch of retarded Borg drones. It was a veritable supernova of an idiotic INTJ vanity fair. I couldn't believe my eyes.

The INTJ forum banned me and effectively half of their active member base when I was 15 or so years old, for (stupid) reasons completely irrelevant to on-forum activity. nuff said.

(though, I don't think this comment is necessarily reflective of INTJs as a type)

How do I put this tactfully. Hm, INTJs...well, we're gods. Being an INTJ means you're just better than everyone else. Just like being an INFJ means you're a magical, psychic unicorn. It's simply the way it is. Because of this so many people pretend to be INTJ. They know that it'll get them into the best clubs, dine with the upper echelon of society and meet the biggest names in Hollywood.

I know it's hard not being INTJ. You have to accept your boring, pathetic existence. You know that no matter what you do, how much money you make or breakthroughs you discover you'll never be INTJ.

my opinion is that they are an imperfect version of entjs

Yeah, well I think and is an imperfect version of hand. So suck it.

For the most part I find them fascinating. I was involved romantically with one for a while and it was a very exciting time. On the outside of it he was kind of a boring person but his internal world was so huge. It was amazing to get to connect with that for a while. That relationship did not last and we would not have been compatible long term and it fizzled out just as fast as it began. So it goes.

How do I put this tactfully. Hm, INTJs...well, we're gods. Being an INTJ means you're just better than everyone else. Just like being an INFJ means you're a magical, psychic unicorn. It's simply the way it is. Because of this so many people pretend to be INTJ. They know that it'll get them into the best clubs, dine with the upper echelon of society and meet the biggest names in Hollywood.

I know it's hard not being INTJ. You have to accept your boring, pathetic existence. You know that no matter what you do, how much money you make or breakthroughs you discover you'll never be INTJ.

Actually, you're one of the endemic INTJs that are cool. You have a sense of humor, which is a thing so rarely found in INTJs - I estimate about 5% of total INTJ population to have it. Also you seem to possess emotional and social intelligence - are you sure you're INTJ?
The other 95% are just boring as fuck and even though they might be computer/math/physics geniuses, I'd say their social and emotional IQ is well below average.

Social retards....retarded Borg drones... idiotic INTJ vanity...
Fortunately some intjs are able to look past emotionally charged judgments. Otherwise it might be difficult for them to interact with a large portion of the rest of the world. Thats important because of all the beautiful things they provide when they feel exceptionally giving.

On the flip side I enjoy infjs because without heart, irrationally destructive as it may be, the world would be a much more boring place...

Actually, you're one of the endemic INTJs that are cool. You have a sense of humor, which is a thing so rarely found in INTJs - I estimate about 5% of total INTJ population to have it. Also you seem to possess emotional and social intelligence - are you sure you're INTJ?
The other 95% are just boring as fuck and even though they might be computer/math/physics geniuses, I'd say their social and emotional IQ is well below average.

You say that only because you think he was joking...

Otherwise it might be difficult for them to interact with a large portion of the rest of the world.

Might be? I'd say that it actually is difficult for a lot of them to interact with a large portion of the rest of the world (unless with their fellow INTJs), but you also seem to be one of the 5% minority that don't lack emotional and social IQ (I've read some of your posts and your blog). Actually the INTJs of this forum seem to be ok. Don't want to make people think that my posts on this thread are about the INTJs of this forum, because they are not.

Might be? I'd say that it actually is difficult for a lot of them to interact with a large portion of the rest of the world (unless with their fellow INTJs), but you also seem to be one of the 5% minority that don't lack emotional and social IQ (I've read some of your posts and your blog). Actually the INTJs of this forum seem to be ok. Don't want to make people think that my posts on this thread are about the INTJs of this forum, because they are not.
Your just saying that to try and get on my good side... :)

No, I said that because I've been on this forum for some time and I've seen a lot of his posts. I find them humorous and entertaining.

Dry humor. ...

My husband is a suspected INTJ (I can't get him to take the test, but he fits the description to a tee), and I find him incredibly sexy but incredibly frustrating at the same time, rather often. His mind is amazing and I love listening to him talk about things he has a passion for, but it's quite frustrating for me sometimes that he can come off as insensitive toward me, especially in regards to criticisms and dealing with emotions (which as an INFJ I have plenty of!). He doesn't understand that when I am criticized I can't help but cry, nor does he really get that such criticisms (always meant in a loving and positive way, of course) are already things I think about all the time already but have a hard time expressing. It's like I think to myself "I know already; I don't need you to tell me about my faults, however helpful you feel like you're being".

Other than that sense of me being all feeling and him being all thinking, we're otherwise perfectly in accord in all ways. Our social mores, values, and standards are all alike, just he goes at things logically and I go about things emotionally, which I think is actually a nice comliment because we both fill out the gaps in each other's personality traits. The more I'm coming to know the INTJ type, the more comfortable I'm getting with the idea that he is what he is, and I'm what *I* am, and that's okay. I hope that one day he will kind of end up thinking the same, because I often feel that he's trying to make me be *him*, all thinking and logic, all the time, and I just can't be that way. Not that he doesn't love me or he wants me to change...he just really doesn't get it. I also don't think that he understands that this is not a "woman thing", but a type thing. But he doesn't believe in typing, so I'm at a complete loss there!

Some INTJs I like. Very rarely though do I like them.

I cannot stomach anyone who NEEDS to be right.
99% of the time that is a behaviour displayed by INTJs.

#NoThankYou

INTJs are surprisingly likable. I love discussing abstract stuff with them! It just comes naturally to INTJs, unlike many other types.
They're similar enough to my type to have the same interests, but different enough to keep it interesting, so to speak.

INTJs are surprisingly likable. I love discussing abstract stuff with them! It just comes naturally to INTJs, unlike many other types.
They're similar enough to my type to have the same interests, but different enough to keep it interesting, so to speak.

What is it that you find likable about them? Can you clarify? Because I'm sure that they have a lot of good qualities, but I have somehow obviously failed to notice them.