What Is Your Opinion on INTJs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Is Your Opinion on INTJs?

What is it that you find likable about them? Can you clarify? Because I'm sure that they have a lot of good qualities, but I have somehow obviously failed to notice them.

Well, they're not afraid to give their opinion and try to understand yours. I share Te and Fi with them (not Ni/Se, dont ask why :D).
when we're talking Te, I can learn from them; when we're talking Fi, they can learn from me.
The INTJs that I get along with are really open to new ideas. And we have a similar world view.
I think I might not get along with INTJs that have a very different conception of the world though.

Hmmm Im thinking of starting a thread exactly the same and swaping intjs for infjs...

Look intjs are just awesome ok? We..um they...will eventually bend the world to their will and in the process bring an era of peace even the gods could not. So..theres that. Next?

I tend to attract INTJs and I'm attracted to them. But then we take a good, hard look at each other and decide, 'yeah, this is not going to work.'

Last edited:
Reactions: BritNi
Actually, you're one of the endemic INTJs that are cool. You have a sense of humor, which is a thing so rarely found in INTJs - I estimate about 5% of total INTJ population to have it. Also you seem to possess emotional and social intelligence - are you sure you're INTJ?
The other 95% are just boring as fuck and even though they might be computer/math/physics geniuses, I'd say their social and emotional IQ is well below average.

Relatively sure. I've worked a lot on developing emotional intelligence and accepting it's importance in relationships and decision making. As for social intelligence, I was born into a house full of extroverts so I was encouraged to use social skills from an early age.

The INTJ forum is a poor choice to meet mature INTJs. Most members are caught up in their own "specialness" and try to prove that they're the most INTJ INTJ. When I first discovered MBTI, my only experience of INTJs was that forum and after the arrogance and misogyny there I wanted to anything but one. This forum can be a bit like that at times. (nowhere near as bad though) People join, thinking that they're now the chosen one and create numerous threads about how INFJs are misunderstood and unappreciated. Luckily there are forum members here who will immediately call bullshit.

Are we done bashing intjs yet?

Almost as awesome as ENTJ.

Relatively sure. I've worked a lot on developing emotional intelligence and accepting it's importance in relationships and decision making. As for social intelligence, I was born into a house full of extroverts so I was encouraged to use social skills from an early age.

The INTJ forum is a poor choice to meet mature INTJs. Most members are caught up in their own "specialness" and try to prove that they're the most INTJ INTJ. When I first discovered MBTI, my only experience of INTJs was that forum and after the arrogance and misogyny there I wanted to anything but one. This forum can be a bit like that at times. (nowhere near as bad though) People join, thinking that they're now the chosen one and create numerous threads about how INFJs are misunderstood and unappreciated. Luckily there are forum members here who will immediately call bullshit.

INFJ's are massively missunderstood

They often don't conform to expected norms so this then generates speculations about why they're not doing that which are invariably wrong and invariably based around the INFJ being a malfunctioning human being rather than just being a different personality type to the person doing the incorrect evaluating

It depends. Some of them are likeable and pleasant, but there are many who have big egos, a kind of intellectual fancy stuff to them, and alot of arrogance, as if they are superior to anybody.
They are very smart almost always...but also, surprinsingly stupid in many aspects. I always have this image in my mind: if a INTJ is thinking on hiw own, he can make some awful mistakes, but let a INFJ to stand by him, and they can make a great team.
This of course, if the INTJ "accepts" a INFJ contribution, because usualy they believe themselfs to be the supreme intellectual authority.
I have a INTJ friend from basketball. When we begin to talk, he always starts from the upper position, when we finish to talk, he becomes more mild and humble.

As for comparation with ENTJs...let me tell you the most surprising aspect of this. I've never seen one single ENTJ to be arrogant: they are simple, straight-forward, democratic in manners, sometimes very modest, and rarely they try to act superior, but when they do it, you can not take it seriously, its more laughable then offensive.
But with INTJs...their arrogance is real and it can be felt, and of course its very unpleasant. They can be very proud people.
Again, not all of them. Some of them can be actualy very modest.

I like'em. They are exciting and enticing. I find them pretty damn sexy. They always tickle my fancy. I often catch myself engaging in flirtatious banter with the males. I can't help it sometimes, their conversation and reasoning process is very attractive. I don't think it would work long term though. I would be "too much" for them. I find that they need a more of a follower kind of gal.

I tend to have a great relationship with the females. They're absolutely my type.

Well, my companion is one, so that answers that question =) We get along magically. No complaints in any department, as we are both well-adjusted people who bring out the strengths in each other while supplementing our less fluid areas. We are also really prone to unintentionally toggling one another's silly switch and putting on very colorful displays of humor. Put us in a public place together without restrictions and we'll usually have most of the people around roaring with laughter. My best friend is also an INTJ and he and I have much the same chemistry, except he tends to be more dry and sardonic in expression. The three of us together always spells good times ahead. Sharing dominant Ni creates an atmosphere of mutual respect and appreciation for the random, "aha!" moments we each experience without explanation, as well as the quirks we all have, while having separate discriminative auxillary functions (Te/Fe) helps to broaden our perspectives and what we consider important to factor in to situations. I'll admit, though, that my teritary Ti tends to conflict a little with their Te in discussions because I tend to dismantle the underlying assumptions and philosophical bases of arguments instead of directly considering their facts, which is what they usually shore up. They will present a thoroughly practical and workable model of some issue and I will try to perfect it by tweaking the underlying logos until its no longer recognizable as the original...which sometimes frustrates them.

That said, I also tend to attract the inflexibly rigid, immature members of the INTJ tribe. Like many young intellectually-minded people I've met, they display grating amounts of arrogance, narrow-minded thought processes, shallow research skills, and a general disregard for the importance of existential subjectivities. My interactions will such folks are invariably terse
and short-lived.

Last edited:
serious business and emotionally intense. Very good at getting things done when they do it their way.

4 interesting letters

I wasn't paying attention much and joined the INTJ forum by accident. I didn't respond to any posts but some seemed ok. Like real life I suppose.

They were a bit more energetic than I.

in summary, the sense was they wanted too much. I'm going in a different direction. I suspect when they crash it must be quite spectacular though. That would be interesting to piece back together.

Only ever knew one. Went out with him for three years and almost married him. I think they are awsome. Just not for me to marry. Lol. In the end I could not connect with him emotionally. I was extremely attracted to him. Quietly confidant. Could figure out how to take an engine apart and put it back together blindfolded kind of person. When he would see his friends strungling on how to fix a motorbike though he did not interrupt or correct them because he did not want to look like a know-it-all...except when we got home he was laughing because the fact was that he did know what they were doing wrong. We worked very good together and could accomplish a lot together. We were both very hard working and motivated people. But in the end, like I said, I could not connect as emotionally as I would have liked to him. I still think very fondly of him. :). It almost broke me when I left him, and took years to recover. Went back to school for massage therapy to move on with my life and provide a distraction! It was hard but I knew it was what I had to do. That's my INTJ story.

I like INTJ's. Really, I like just about any N, though I've had a few annoying INFP's in my life.

INTJ women remind me of me, and that's good on one level. But last night, Bird told me I was a difficult person sometimes. Well, what she actually said was that I can be hard to live with and that "you have a really strong personality, you like to be in control, you don't like to give people options, you want things done your way, you're incredibly willful."

That's not all I am, but that is accurate for a certain part of me. It's frustrating for a lot of people, but I often think INTJ women 'get it' and there's sort of a mutual, sibling-like respect for the other person. I see in them what I see in myself, as I am sure they do the same. So we'll just get along naturally in that regard, especially because you don't have to hold back for the sake of sentiment. I think the females need that outlet more than I do, though.

On the other hand, I could never date a woman like that. Fuck. I've tried it in the past and it's like - a constant, exhausting power-struggle. There's too much similarity to allow for dynamic compromise. Where I tried to adjust, she adjusted the same way and the argument shifted along with it. Contrary to popular belief, it's not always the overlaps in personalities that make compromise possible, it's the differences. If I had to date myself, there'd be a homicide in this house within 48 hours.

INTJ males are okay. I get along with them, until they want to start some pissing contest of mental chess.

Last edited:
Annoying but happy when drunk. Good to work with in technical scenarios. Can discuss in spiritual depth. Can't comment on the sex.

The INTJ I know is one of my best friends and he is two decades older than me. Definitely INTp in the socion.

I suspect my father may be one, too. The J/P switch in MBTI makes it hard to type introverts. In the socion he may be a Ni-ENTj or Te-INTp

So far, my interactions with INTJs have been pretty average. My sibling is an INTJ, and we do really poorly together. We've had two huge fights that has probably made my family shake to the core, and I'm not the type of person who wants that, but she could rarely care less about it. She's very antisocial, so she leads a lonely life. Although, I don't know if this is an INTJ trait or her, she likes to waste money on useless things - like iphone case covers. She's also pretty manipulative, and is only considerate about herself. One thing I absolutely detest is that she's not ashamed to yell at people about what she thinks. For example, a couple was enjoying their time in the park, and she was really rude by yelling at them that that was so cliche and stupid. Not very 20-something, is it? She has these strange moments of "I can do whatever I want", but I'm sure she usually thinks that way.

On the other hand, I'm really attracted to an INTJ at the moment. They're not exactly like my sister, but they are very closed off, and open very seldom. Like most INTJs they are mysterious, and at times I'm pretty confused with what to do when I am able to talk to them. Usually they leave me speechless because they can be very off-putting. Other times, they're endearing, even though they say some of the strangest things.

I think I might have been an infj when I was younger.