What is the purpose of marriage? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What is the purpose of marriage?

Yeah, and it's kind of disgusting. They say opposites attract.

I am not feeling the pull here....

Sure, if I didn't end up killing you for your efforts first.

Uhh, No?

I don't particularly like or dislike love.

It's supposed to be a gesture of my friendship.

Hahaha? those might be gestures of friendship in like China. I loong for America and its compassionate empathy, kindness and warmness so is it hard for you to be around it constantly since you don't like such manners?

I guess so, yeah. I saw this video of people in Japan who are so quiet, reclusive, and keep to themselves in public places.

That would be awesome.

I agree with Pristinegirl :) Maybe I've watched too many old movies or something, but I'd like to think that great love stories still exist. And of course, I'd love to marry a man who loves and accepts me for who I am and never lets me forget it. I was married for two years to someone who sadly did not fit this bill. I still have faith that it could happen though ;)

EDIT: But it is awfully fun to watch you guys banter back and forth

Last edited:
Don't give up on Love Serendipity! It will come to you when you least expect it :) I don't know if its that much fun for me at least because I don't stand a chance against Ruby. Not only is she an ISTP but a tomboy as well! *Victimized*

Don't give up on Love Serendipity! It will come to you when you least expect it :) I don't know if its that much fun for me at least because I don't stand a chance against Ruby. Not only is she an ISTP but a tomboy as well! *Victimized*

Neiner neiner neiner you dont trick people into thinking you have a wiener!!

You know, we really fucked this thread up.

Start a Slant fan club :D

In high school we had a discussion about his. 21 students(me included) being from a AP English class were sent out to interview married couples and singles and write a paper about findings . For couples we asked them why did they marry/view on mariage and for singles just ask views of marriage.

The kicker is that no one can use 'love' as a reasoning

This is what I found based on some interviews:

Married man in 40s: A union with mutual aggrements and common goals. Fell in love with wife and was attracted to her ambitions. Currently is still together and has a kid. Life is modest and under paying but is very contempt since him and his partner make it work

Female(divorced) in 40s: Out of convience she married to get a green card to the united states. husband thought she loved him, but really wife just wanted to get ahead in life.

Female fiance 18 years old: A partnership with co-op teamwork. They complete each other and work together. Being a young couple proves to be challenging but willing to work for each other
Male fiance 18 years old: Willing to follow her wherever she goes

Married man 30s: Share similar ambitions in life (similar ideas where they want to be, similar family goals, etc)and compatible together.

My mother married late 40s.: A compatible partner ship working together. Dad provides most of the money . She makes helps a lil. She then uses of that financial security of their relationship and turns it into a beautiful house hold and family.

Male single 20s: A official bond you are stuck to that person for life. A title on your finger that you're taken for life.

Female single 20s : An unbreakable deep bond with one another for better or for worst. Each others 'The one'

--------
My conclusion: Interesting how marriage is viewed on different walks of life. Now for the most part, most of the interviewees leaned toward love. That being said when you take away that variable you get the above results.

Personally I think marriage is a mutual agreement towards each other. Differences can be present as long as the couple is willing to work together While love is a very important aspect of marriage there has to be more to bind love together. A sense of security has to be established towards one another in every aspect in life whatever it may be financially, family, handling differences/conflicts/disputes, etc.