What is the purpose of marriage? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What is the purpose of marriage?

It's a religious practice that is supposed to bind two people together, it encourages virginity before marriage and fidelity afterwards. Many peoples indulge in this custom.

Essentially, marriage is an industry for the religious.

Last edited:
It is so both parties can know that they can stop trying to impress the other.

Right.
As soon as I'm married the green facial mask goes on every night, I start lying about having yeast infections to keep him away from me and then I start eating hardboiled eggs whole while driving drunk to the grocery store.

Some girls go on the internet and look up pretty wedding dresses for their big day. But this is the shit I dream of.

The purpose of marriage was to solidify family ties between groups for financial or political purposes.

Marriage is basically what a society's norms are built on.

Challenge the meaning of marriage and create an uproar within a society.

Last edited:
I see marriage as a contract that offers the temporary illusion of security in a relationship.

The purpose of marriage is to codify sexual property rights and throw a big romantic party (can you tell I come from a Catholic family?). Nowadays, various legal benefits are also involved.

The purpose of lifelong love, on the other hand... :mblow:

It's nothing but a 'binding' contract to lower the probability that the couple will annul their 'love' towards each other. What I mean in love is not agape or something; it's just feelings from id, which just wants to satisfy its 'basic needs.' Well, I think I can add some evolutionary purposes there as sauce.

Because of my cynical view towards marriage and love, I tend to believe marriage is unnecessary and I will probably be happy living by myself, without any spouse.

If they really are committed, they shouldn't have any problem getting married. I don't think it's smart to move in with someone without making them say "I do" first.

Right.
As soon as I'm married the green facial mask goes on every night, I start lying about having yeast infections to keep him away from me and then I start eating hardboiled eggs whole while driving drunk to the grocery store.

Yup thats my ex wife!

Right.

That's how I am 24/7, regardless of martial status! :D

Last edited:
I'm not against marriage. It has an appealing romantic side I suppose, which of course will come to a screeching halt once kids come into the equation. Yay marriage. Boo kids. I don't want them.

Marriage, if done properly, binds two souls for eternity. The purpose is to have a partner your entire existance, one to balance you.

I think we've seriously over looked something here. The big fuck off cake!

Marriage is a business contract, it only recently started being about love.

Marriage doesn't mean love it's like signing a contract to me.

Buisness contract signed by the religious....

Excuse for girls to get the attention boost of their life...

I personally can't wait. Those 5 level beasts look fucking amazing!

Only five levels? Where's your ambition?

MOHEGAN-SUN-UNVEILS-LARGE.jpg

That one there is too small. When I marry a cute red haired american lass, my wedding cake is going to be a small castle, consisting of many different flavors and types, for instance icecream, cookie dough, chocolate mud, white chocolate, layercake, banana, carrot cake and many many more. The walls of the castle will be one foot thick, and it will be five metres tall, so that the bride and I can throw cherry bombs from the top of it, over the melted chocolate moat filled with strawberries, and with a separate thickened cream inside a marzipan tub for consummation.