What is the purpose of marriage? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

What is the purpose of marriage?

Only five levels? Where's your ambition?

MOHEGAN-SUN-UNVEILS-LARGE.jpg

That one there is too small. When I marry a cute red haired american lass, my wedding cake is going to be a small castle, consisting of many different flavors and types, for instance icecream, cookie dough, chocolate mud, white chocolate, layercake, banana, carrot cake and many many more. The walls of the castle will be one foot thick, and it will be five metres tall, so that the bride and I can throw cherry bombs from the top of it, over the melted chocolate moat filled with strawberries, and with a separate thickened cream inside a marzipan tub for consummation.

You mean 6 levels?

Oh I just made an ass out of my self

Last edited:
Only five levels? Where's your ambition?

MOHEGAN-SUN-UNVEILS-LARGE.jpg

That one there is too small. When I marry a cute red haired american lass, my wedding cake is going to be a small castle, consisting of many different flavors and types, for instance icecream, cookie dough, chocolate mud, white chocolate, layercake, banana, carrot cake and many many more. The walls of the castle will be one foot thick, and it will be five metres tall, so that the bride and I can throw cherry bombs from the top of it, over the melted chocolate moat filled with strawberries, and with a separate thickened cream inside a marzipan tub for consummation.

Oh jesus, I'll marry you. You've really opened my eyes! I never conceived of something as good as that. I definitely want something like that. How much would something like that run you?

Oh, thats a shame. I was thinking it's something you could realistically buy within a reasonable amount, if you were actually getting married.

I think that the purpose of marriage is to happily announce the loving soulful bond between two people and intentionally letting the world know that they are now forbidden fruit!! ^^ :)

Then of course, however spiritually, it would be for the purpose of starting a new chapter, embracing and admiting to god's gift (their partner) forever in the name of God.

Last edited:
I think that the purpose of marriage is to happily announce the loving soulful bond between two people and intentionally letting the world know that they are now forbidden fruit!! ^^ :)

Then of course, however spiritually, it would be for the purpose of starting a new chapter, embracing and admiting to god's gift (their partner) forever in the name of God.

/hug

:m054:

VH haha youre so pretty ^^ *HUGS*

To almost all of you: YOU got it twisted, marriage is supposed to be Fantastic!!!! Not fanatic! Lets not even mention the catholic church... but I think that there is a difference, its blurred, but still distinguishable! The difference is that one is religion and the other is faith.

That's my favorite part of this post.

VH haha youre so pretty ^^ *HUGS*

To almost all of you: YOU got it twisted, marriage is supposed to be Fantastic!!!! Not fanatic! Lets not even mention the catholic church... but I think that there is a difference, its blurred, but still distinguishable! The difference is that one is religion and the other is faith.

What do I do if I end up marrying a Catholic? It probably wont be in a Catholic church given that I'm not Catholic.

The modern marriage is just a ruse...its a piece of paper that can be nullified whenever either party feels it necessary...People these days get married thinking...oh well I can just get a divorce if this doesn't work out...Its just solidifying a long term relationship with legal fringe benefits.

Now Im not saying that past marriages were much better, As a woman, your dad picked your mate most of the time. It is a very young notion indeed to ask some one to marry you.

All in all I think it should be the opinion of the couple involved what marriage means to them. To me personally, I didn't marry thinking I could end it whenever I wanted, though we came pretty close last year. If you really love one another, and you cannot picture your life with anyone else, why shouldnt marriage be discussed?

What do I do if I end up marrying a Catholic? It probably wont be in a Catholic church given that I'm not Catholic.

That is an interesting question actually haha as there are two possible outcomes xD I'm not sure haha but it will either, DEFINETLY be in a catholic church anyway or ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Marriage seems ghey, quite frankly. Besides the religious implications, being together with someone forever is a LIVING NIGHTMARE. I suppose if you took the religious undertones out of it and made it just a contract with legal benefits, it would be better. There would be no expectations of fidelity, or really anything remotely similar to the way modern marriages are painted. It's healthy and just more exciting to meet different people, and if you're into dating ( which I'm not) It's much more fun, and it teaches you loads more, to date all sorts of people. I don't see the point in getting yourself set up for this long lived relationship. If you get married, do it for legal benefits, and don't expect it to be about anything else. Because it won't. Hopefully, if you're lucky, your spouse will leave you the hell alone.

That was one the gloomiest and doomfilled attitude I have ever set my eyes on. I can hardly believe someone would honestly feel that way haha...:m035: I'm sorry.

Marriage is not supposed to be a forced legal contract! Its about celebrating the passion and drive for one another which at the moment may feel like everlasting love.

I'm not sure a person should swear to remain married untill death because that is a hell of an epic promise. An oath bound to fail because neither of us human beings know what is to happen tomorrow.

Then why even get into an oath that projects you're going to be married forever and faithful forever? If that's true, why do people get so upset if their spouse has been cheating on them since they married only because of feelings which at the moment felt like everlasting love and wasn't, so it's only expected that they go about and live their own seperate lives. Really, if marriage is only about the legal benefits (because essentially anyone can live in the same house and split the rent and be 'couple like') then why not treat it like a contract? Why invest so much feeling and put so much expectation into a split of paper that simply promises split taxes and such?

There is this fantasy built around marriage that is false and needs to be slaughtered. Only then are we going to have 'successful' marriages. When people don't have such high expectations.

Then why even get into an oath that projects you're going to be married forever and faithful forever? If that's true, why do people get so upset if their spouse has been cheating on them since they married only because of feelings which at the moment felt like everlasting love and wasn't, so it's only expected that they go about and live their own seperate lives. Really, if marriage is only about the legal benefits (because essentially anyone can live in the same house and split the rent and be 'couple like') then why not treat it like a contract? Why invest so much feeling and put so much expectation into a split of paper that simply promises split taxes and such?

There is this fantasy built around marriage that is false and needs to be slaughtered. Only then are we going to have 'successful' marriages. When people don't have such high expectations.

QFT :m059:

There should be skepticism but theres no need to slaughter it.
Take for example couples who never get married, but stay together faithfully as if they would be together for as long as their love remains.
They manage at having this longterm relationship! - Why? Because they live in the presense and take one day at a time. So as for getting married people should not make such a commitment for the purpose of eternity but rather as the ultimate sign of Love.

In my opinion marriage should merely be a declaration of Love. It should not include financial nor religious blaha.

Love?

hahaha.

That's why we aren't agreeing.

My priorities in marriage would be in the legalities, not this 'love' you speak of.