What Is a Good Man? | Page 15 | INFJ Forum

What Is a Good Man?

Personally, I like to think the strong foundation of a good person, is humility and empathy.
The strongest foundation of a good person is the patience to understand any kind of situation and to be able to listen to anyone in a need to be listened from.
The greatest persons share these situations amongst others to strengthen all.

The strongest foundation of a good person is the patience to understand any kind of situation and to be able to listen to anyone in a need to be listened from.
The greatest persons share these situations amongst others to strengthen all.
While I do agree with you, I disagree about it being the "strongest foundation". Such a thing is easily corruptible and can potentially do the opposite if you manage to catch that person's "bad side". So that makes such a trait potentially counter-intuitive to being a good person if someone lacks the appropriate empathy or knowledge first. Realistically, no person can understand 'any' situation unless they have foresight or are a mind-reader. So, I would say it's most certainly a foundation just not the strongest imho. But essentially, it all goes hand and hand. :)

And in leadership roles that promote strengthening all (like you've said), it's a good healthy balance of IQ and EQ. Understanding and Feeling. Pretty much what we've both said, collectively.

:grin: He would have been a terrible president!

A better man than Caesar, though ;)
How is Caesar better than Patton? That said, I love Dwight D. Eisenhower, he is my favorite President and the most virtuous American to ever American.

Everyone should be just like him.

While I do agree with you, I disagree about it being the "strongest foundation". Such a thing is easily corruptible and can potentially do the opposite if you manage to catch that person's "bad side". So that makes such a trait potentially counter-intuitive to being a good person if someone lacks the appropriate empathy or knowledge first. Realistically, no person can understand 'any' situation unless they have foresight or are a mind-reader. So, I would say it's most certainly a foundation just not the strongest imho. But essentially, it all goes hand and hand. :)

And in leadership roles that promote strengthening all (like you've said), it's a good healthy balance of IQ and EQ. Understanding and Feeling. Pretty much what we've both said, collectively.

Admittedly, your explanation sounds more correct. Plato’s had a somewhat similar explanation in regards to the human psyche (the rational, irrational and having a proper balance and development in these). Nice!

@Deleted member 16771

I meant to ask, how is Patton better than Caesar?
Simply put, Patton's motivations and core drivers were 'nobler' in the sense that they had less to do with his own advancement/pleasure than with his own core values (whatever those values were), but then under this measure Hitler would be a 'better' person than Trump.

Caesar was also, you know, fond of massacres.

Reactions: Pin
How is Caesar better than Patton? That said, I love Dwight D. Eisenhower, he is my favorite President and the most virtuous American to ever American.

Everyone should be just like him.
this is the guy that covertly subverted several democratically elected governments...his disdain for open conflict led to decades of American black ops that installed dictators in many countries.

this is the guy that covertly subverted several democratically elected governments...his disdain for open conflict led to decades of American black ops that installed dictators in many countries.
Are you a non-interventionist?

Obviously, this is subjective to what one considers as "good". As cliche or corny as I may sound... Personally, I like to think the strong foundation of a good person, is humility and empathy.
Yes! Humility, empathy, ethics and morals.

2sMzS7S.jpg
0eWkZEn

^ ESTP and INTP.

Are you a non-interventionist?
basically yes, look at central america, the countries that are collapsing and producing the greatest number of refugees are the countries that we covertly intervened politically in.

basically yes, look at central america, the countries that are collapsing and producing the greatest number of refugees are the countries that we covertly intervened politically in.