What Is a Good Man? | Page 17 | INFJ Forum

What Is a Good Man?

@Wyote can we vote on whether or not to preemptively give @Siku the Custom Title "Florida-man"?
Sadly, That is NOT a title I would accept with open arms lol. Painfully, I don't fit in with most here. And I apologize for reading you wrong, @acd.

Sadly, That is NOT a title I would accept with open arms lol. Painfully, I don't fit in with most here. And I apologize for reading you wrong, @acd.
You're so awesome, Siku.

Immediate friends forever.
I claim you.
*Hugs*

I read all those "Forida Man" stories as infjs gone haywire.
upload_2019-8-15_8-24-17.png

in #Current_Year every thread is political

I really hope not. =|

Painfully, I don't fit in with most here.

I'm just generally speaking, but most of us here don't really fit in anywhere. That's a lot of the reason why the majority of us are even here.

Don't let it be painful. Embrace the awkward. Lol.

Don't forget to smile as much as possible today.

Last edited:
Ok so I made it half-way through reading this entire thread, and I'm sorry I found most, if not all the responses extremely PC, generic, and downright lies. The only post that seems honest and make the most sense is what @Pin said. Outside of purely subjective and personal wishes of what a "good man" is, I think both men and women see qualities of good men as being successful and healthy. It also doesn't hurt to be a "family man". Again this is just general blanket observation. I have no idea what most women like or think of "good men". I hear all kinds of stuff and see the opposite. But I think @Pin hit it on the nail here.

Shit, now I just have to say it but...

@Pin is right.

lol.
I admire INFJ's noble idealism.

There was a time I wasn't a realist. I was much younger and I saw certain people as larger than life. That said, I still believe in heroes.

I see the power of everyday people.

That dude will get absolutely fucked, guaranteed.
I think being all of those things despite being aware of the risk of hurt or being vulnerable makes for good character. Not that anyone doesn't have good character if they have been hurt and have closed themselves off from that side of themselves. Maybe it's about overcoming that and learning to better discern motives without becoming or staying cynical.

But I love this quote:

"Listen to me, your body is not a temple. Temples can be destroyed and desecrated. Your body is a forest—thick canopies of maple trees and sweet scented wildflowers sprouting in the underwood. You will grow back, over and over, no matter how badly you are devastated."

Beau Taplin

Last edited:
I have no idea what most women like or think of "good men
This is just a thought that popped in me bean... Maybe it doesn't matter what anyone thinks qualifies as a good man, rather what matters is attachment styles, good or shit modeling by parents or guardians during childhood, presence of trauma or not, etc. A man or woman may be able to articulate what they think a good man should be, but that may also fly right out the window during a close intimate relationship or marriage.

I think being all of those things despite being aware of the risk of hurt or being vulnerable makes for good character. Not that anyone doesn't have good character if they have been hurt and have closed themselves off from that side of themselves. Maybe it's about overcoming that and learning to better discern motives without becoming or staying cynical.

But I love this quote:

"Listen to me, your body is not a temple. Temples can be destroyed and desecrated. Your body is a forest—thick canopies of maple trees and sweet scented wildflowers sprouting in the underwood. You will grow back, over and over, no matter how badly you are devastated."

Beau Taplin
:blush:

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd