What Is a Good Man? | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

What Is a Good Man?

You don't have to be stuck making minimum wage.

1. Study Accounting at a Community College (take as many online classes as you can if you must work).
  2. Transfer your Community College credits to a University.
  3. Graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
  4. Take the CPA exam to receive your CPA license.

Congratulations! You're now a Certified Public Accountant that makes $60,000-$100,000+ a year.

Get out of poverty first then pursue art in your free time.

Is this an actionable plan for you?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm actually a little bit overskilled for that course of action. Thanks though!

gjye8Ky.gif

That is one adamant finger.

Phases of a Good Man's Life.

Ages 18-30: Hard Work. He rarely takes breaks, pursues every opportunity and climbs upward towards success.

Ages 30-33: His hard work pays off and he has finally attained the position that he has pursued for so long.

Ages 33-35: Continues to advance in places that are not his primary area of specialization, slowly works to make an himself irreplaceable asset to his organization.

You might want to fit some human feelings in there, Pin ;)

I'm pretty much at Stage 2 (30-33), I've attained the position I'd been working towards, and yet now all I'm looking for is returning to the basics of what it means to be human. I love my job and I'm pretty sure I'll be working all my life; but the human part will have to gradually take a bigger role, or else I'll burn my wings.

Oh, and a good man doesn’t abandon his kids. He sets his fragile ego aside and seeks to makes better choices.
I don't intend on becoming a father until I accomplish major achievements. My ego won't allow it.

You might want to fit some human feelings in there, Pin ;)

I'm pretty much at Stage 2 (30-33), I've attained the position I'd been working towards, and yet now all I'm looking for is returning to the basics of what it means to be human. I love my job and I'm pretty sure I'll be working all my life; but the human part will have to gradually take a bigger role, or else I'll burn my wings.
Plato thought that to be human is to be a featherless biped.

You don't have to be stuck making minimum wage.

1. Study Accounting at a Community College (take as many online classes as you can if you must work).
  2. Transfer your Community College credits to a University.
  3. Graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
  4. Take the CPA exam to receive your CPA license.

Congratulations! You're now a Certified Public Accountant that makes $60,000-$100,000+ a year.

Get out of poverty first then pursue art in your free time.

Is this an actionable plan for you?

Hey sorry, I just want to thank you properly for this thoughtful suggestion, sorry my previous reply was pretty ungraceful.

I've done a couple of degrees with the intention of getting out of min wage, I'm currently applying for professional jobs... I did this with the intention of being able to be an artist in my spare time.

Now I'm also thinking about other alternatives. I think it's possible to retire young if you have a really good plan for it, and if you don't mind having a very cheap lifestyle. Do what I really really love all the time...

I don't intend on becoming a father until I accomplish major achievements. My ego won't allow it.
Man, love can upend the best plans, but more power to you for trying. Just beware, the universe is funny. You may end up randomly smitten by someone who doesn't want anything you're requiring yourself to be able to provide!

A father should want the best for their children. When you hit your 40’s keep it together man.

Man, love can upend the best plans, but more power to you for trying. Just beware, the universe is funny. You may end up randomly smitten by someone who doesn't want anything you're requiring yourself to be able to provide!
Even Napoleon fell for Josephine.

Hey sorry, I just want to thank you properly for this thoughtful suggestion, sorry my previous reply was pretty ungraceful.

I've done a couple of degrees with the intention of getting out of min wage, I'm currently applying for professional jobs... I did this with the intention of being able to be an artist in my spare time.

Now I'm also thinking about other alternatives. I think it's possible to retire young if you have a really good plan for it, and if you don't mind having a very cheap lifestyle. Do what I really really love all the time...
You're welcome, anything to aid an ally.

A good man is a person who is self-aware of both his and other people's feelings. Nothing else really matters because everything else is just subjective :)
I'm working on being aware of my emotions.

Good guys Just Say No. The following songs illustrate socially acceptable asshole behavior. Hey, boys will be boys, right? A guy's gotta sow his wild oats.

Let’s analyze.
Babe, baby, baby, I'm gonna leave you.
I said baby, you know I'm gonna leave you.
I'll leave you in the summertime, leave you when the summer comes a-rollin'. Leave you when the summer comes along.
Good to know.
Babe, babe, babe, babe, babe, babe,
Baby, baby, I wanna leave you. I ain't jokin' woman, I got to ramble. Oh, yeah, baby, baby, I believin', we really got to ramble. I can hear it callin' me the way it used to do, I can hear it callin' me back home!
Mhmm.
Babe, oh, babe... I'm gonna leave you
Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you
Oh, I can hear it callin 'me. I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do? Ooooh
Okies. Byee!
I know, I know, I know I never, never, never, never, never gonna leave you, babe
But I got to go away from this place,
I've got to quit you, yeah
Ooh, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, baby, ooh, don't you hear it callin' me?
Oh, woman, woman, I know, I know
It feels good to have you back again
And I know that one day, baby, it's gonna really grow, yes it is.
We gonna go walkin' through the park every day.
Come what may, every day, ooh
Ffs. I thought you were leaving and now you’re not. Fml.
My my my my my, my babe.
I'm gonna leave you, go away...
... Oh I miss you, baby

It was really, really good.
You made me happy every single day.
But now... I've got to go away! Oh, oh, oh.

Baby, baby, baby
That's when it's callin' me
I said that's when it's callin' me back home...
I just can’t even. I think you should leave now and stop faffing around. A good man would see a therapist, or just leave. Oy.