What if your man didn't like watching sports? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What if your man didn't like watching sports?

I guess that means we can't be friends then.

I grew up in a football family. I have a lifetime of memories of awesome food, grilling out, having my parents drag the television outside and running the wires out the living room window on nice fall afternoons to watch the game. When we were out camping on a Football Sunday we'd run around the campground collecting as many aluminum cans as we could find to help get better reception.

I've been to several football games and love to tailgate and drink beer.

And I love throwing football parties. Making up a bunch of finger foods, dips, etc. then getting the game on. And the games are even more fun when you watch them with someone rooting for the other team.

Will you Marry me, yes or no??!!

Oh wait, we are married--to other people. Ok then, but I will still be calling you each time my Lions beat up those hapless Cheezeheads.....er, Packers.

Hear us Roar.............meow!! :ms:

*damn pussies*

Last edited:
My boyfriend and I have different hobbies, but it's not a dealbreaker. We compromise. He loves soccer, so I go with him and his friends and sometimes even kick the ball around. When a big game is on, I watch it with him. I like to read, and well he doesn't really participate because it's not a group thing, but he listens to me tell him about what I read and learn. At the same time, having differences is good, because that gives him something for just him and his buddies when I feel like staying home one night. I don't understand why that'd be a dealbreaker.

I think the fact that something like watching or not watching a sport could act as a potential deal breaker is utterly ridiculous. Personally, I have other, shallower interests that must be satisfied before I cross someone off my list. Like, raking in a salary that's less than six figures...

Some of us prefer playing sports to watching them - I am no sports fan.

In fact, I hate being caught in groups of "sports fans" - even though I like playing some sports.

Last edited:
Ignoring the question you asked, and then turning it around into a useless and un-asked for advice column, I think you should have your buddy who likes sports prep you on all the right sports things to say. Then take her on a date to a sporting event, and try really hard to impress her with your sports knowledge.....

.. oh wait... that was a sitcom episode ... never mind.

I have never liked football or anything associated with it. Why anyone would want "guy time" is beyond me. I'm usually fine with other guys one one one or in mixed company but the behavior of groups of fellow males tends to be nearly intolerable. I also don't drink and don't like to be around the inebriated.

I guess that means we can't be friends then.

I take back what I said. It's not that I can't stand a woman who likes football. It's just that I prefer a woman who doesn't. Or... actually... Its just the ones that are crazy football fans that bug me.

I feel bad like i'm being sexist but this is really how I feel.

I like to play sports but I'm not that keen on watching them, however I do like to go to a sporting event sometimes. Usually an AFL match though.
Liking sports wouldn't even register on my list of preferences, however anyone who would count you out merely because you're not a sports person isn't worth your time anyway.

I like baseball games, and soccer games. But I refuse to watch those on TV (I have to see them in the stands). I think I'd like hockey if the puck wasn't no noisy (it sounds like a gunshot each time it hits the sides of the walls!).

I don't like watching sports on TV, though. Once in a blue moon I might watch the Olympics or see a basketball or baseball game, but I usually lose interest pretty quickly. But there's something really soothing about seeing a double header during the summer, with a pleasant breeze a-blowin'. :mhula:

But no, if a guy had a passion he loved (and it was his life) or I had a passion that I loved and it was part of me, it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker if I didn't like it or he didn't like it. If it's right, you'll know it. If it's wrong, then it doesn't matter how many things you have in common; it won't work.

I don't think it's a deal breaker. I like to watch hockey, football and even baseball. Where I grew up it wasn't so weird, but most other places I have lived I am diffrent from most other women. I guess it depends on if her whole life revolves around sports or not. Then that might be a problem.