What if your man didn't like watching sports? | INFJ Forum

What if your man didn't like watching sports?

Wyst

Are you there?
Jun 30, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So here's a really crazy question. Any girls/women out there enjoy watching sports? I doubt they'd be on an INFJ forum... or even on the net.. but I'm curious.. if you like watching sports and going to sporting events but a guy you were dating DIDN'T share the same passion would that be a deal breaker?

Nope...

My primary hobby, my husband is like wtf...

His primary hobby, I'm just not interested.

We just pursue them individually, and then come back to base.

Is somene giving you a hard time? Shall I go TaLk to this person for you?!?!!? j/k

Haha - no one's giving me a hard time. But really want to ask (and am planning on asking) this girl out. She's kinda the tomboy from the country and likes sports waaaaaay more than I do. I like playing them but not watching them so much.

Just hoping she's not of the "If you've never been to a football game, I couldn't possibly date you" kinda flayvah. I don't think she is at all. My brain is just trying to come up with things to worry about...

:m142:

Why would that be a deal breaker?

I don't like watching sports events, don't care about sports either, my guy does, if it means much I'll go with him, but usually for him that's just time that he spends with other guys, and for me that isn't a deal breaker, so why would it be if the roles were reversed?

Last edited:
Nope: My hubby hates sports, I like college football...I watch it on occasion, but not as much as I used to. We find things that we enjoy to do together, and other disagreements go by the wayside.

This girl's a coach in a junior high. So it's not just a hobby. It's what she does.

The only thing I ever watch is hockey, and I'm not fanatical at all about it or anything, and I seldomly watch it. My gf is WAY into football, and recently roller derby.

So it doesn't really matter, when you are with the right person.

This girl's a coach in a junior high. So it's not just a hobby. It's what she does.

Well this should make it easier!!!! I think.... (I don't know what I'm saying)

Ask her out so you can know and stuff...

Well this should make it easier!!!! I think.... (I don't know what I'm saying)

Ask her out so you can know and stuff...

yep - next time I get a chance to say more than 'hi' to her, that's my plan :D

Reactions: WellNoWonder
Haha - no one's giving me a hard time. But really want to ask (and am planning on asking) this girl out. She's kinda the tomboy from the country and likes sports waaaaaay more than I do. I like playing them but not watching them so much.

Just hoping she's not of the "If you've never been to a football game, I couldn't possibly date you" kinda flayvah. I don't think she is at all. My brain is just trying to come up with things to worry about...

:m142:

Do you two like fuckin? I bet that is something you have in common.

Do you two like fuckin? I bet that is something you have in common.

We're both Christian. So though I'm sure we will both like it someday that will come after marriage - and we may marry other people. So.. who knows.

I know this is not answering your question but I want to throw in my 2 cents anyway. I love NFL football, i'm obsessed with it. I CANT STAND A WOMAN THAT ENJOYS WATCHING FOOTBALL. It scares the hell out of me!! Football is a mans sport and we use it to escape from women. We use it to talk about guy things, drink beer, and eat unhealthy food. I love women but sometimes we just need "guy" time. It's like if a guy really started to love shopping and always bugged his wife because she never took him shopping with her. It would be ANNOYING. My 2 cents.

I know this is not answering your question but I want to throw in my 2 cents anyway. I love NFL football, i'm obsessed with it. I CANT STAND A WOMAN THAT ENJOYS WATCHING FOOTBALL. It scares the hell out of me!! Football is a mans sport and we use it to escape from women. We use it to talk about guy things, drink beer, and eat unhealthy food. I love women but sometimes we just need "guy" time. It's like if a guy really started to love shopping and always bugged his wife because she never took him shopping with her. It would be ANNOYING. My 2 cents.

LOL.

:mcute:

My lil sister and her friends watched the damn DRAFT yesterday. I was like wtf...

They are hardcore Redskins' fans. I have no clue what is going on and intend to keep it that way.

Besides, domestic beer and nut-scratching and boob-ogling are perhaps a tad bit too manly for me.

Last edited:
So here's a really crazy question. Any girls/women out there enjoy watching sports? I doubt they'd be on an INFJ forum... or even on the net.. but I'm curious.. if you like watching sports and going to sporting events but a guy you were dating DIDN'T share the same passion would that be a deal breaker?

I love watching sports such as combat sports, Boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, Judo, I love it all. But I would rather be in the ring fighting then on the side line watching.
If my partner wasn't keen on sports then he dosn't have to be, it wouldn't change anything in the relationship.
But I would probably find a partner that was keen on the martial arts or athletics or at least gave moral support and interest in what I was doing.

Last edited:
I love watching sports such as combat sports, Boxing, MMA, Muay Thai, Judo, I love it all. But I would rather be in the ring fighting then on the side line watching.
If my partner wasn't keen on sports then he dosn't have to be, it wouldn't change anything in the relationship.
But I would probably find a partner that was keen on the martial arts or athletics or at least gave moral support and interest in what I was doing.

Ok, then I shouldn't have anything to worry about. I take being fit and lean really seriously and all that stuff. I just don't watch sports on TV and have tons of stats memorized.

If I get rejected it's cuz I'm ugleh!

Personally, I have an aversion to sports and to "physical activities" in general.

I know this is not answering your question but I want to throw in my 2 cents anyway. I love NFL football, i'm obsessed with it.
1.I CANT STAND A WOMAN THAT ENJOYS WATCHING FOOTBALL. It scares the hell out of me!!
2.Football is a mans sport and we use it to escape from women. We use it to talk about guy things, drink beer, and eat unhealthy food. I love women but sometimes we just need "guy" time.
3. It's like if a guy really started to love shopping and always bugged his wife because she never took him shopping with her. It would be ANNOYING. My 2 cents.

1. That is rather harsh and mean and from the sounds of it your scared because you seem to believe that " they" are encroaching on " your " territory as a man, which is sort of sexist.

2. First of all stereotyping is wrong- ethically and logically .Second your premise that all males think this way or participate or would like to participate in such activities is wrong.Your premise that all males need " guy " time or consider the concept valid is wrong. Your premise that all males use it to escape from females is wrong. I truly do not see why enjoyment of the sport is for males only.You seem to be examining only your experiences or a few other people's experiences without considering variables or possibilities that may lie beyond said experiences and are casting wide sweeping conclusions.

3. You so not all wives on the face of the Earth you cannot know for certain that all would be annoyed.Once again acting on faulty premises.

Also that was rather insensitive

Last edited:

I guess that means we can't be friends then.

I grew up in a football family. I have a lifetime of memories of awesome food, grilling out, having my parents drag the television outside and running the wires out the living room window on nice fall afternoons to watch the game. When we were out camping on a Football Sunday we'd run around the campground collecting as many aluminum cans as we could find to help get better reception.

I've been to several football games and love to tailgate and drink beer.

And I love throwing football parties. Making up a bunch of finger foods, dips, etc. then getting the game on. And the games are even more fun when you watch them with someone rooting for the other team.