What gives your life purpose? | INFJ Forum

What gives your life purpose?

i want to make the world a better place in some way either through art or if that doesn't work out through some other career path. i bet most people on this forum also answer that they want to make the world a better place somehow.

Lives have purpose whether we wish to see it or not. When I'm in a relationship my life has purpose that is tangible to me, right before my very eyes. Without that, my purpose is obscured to me but still present.

As long as you conduct yourself well in the world, upholding your values and beliefs (those values and beliefs being grounded in the reality of the world, not some convoluted Ni ego-trip), then you are fulfilling your purpose. Live without regrets would be the key to it all, I think.

Wondering what gives my life purpose gives my life purpose.

the hope for a better future... the potential for discovery..the ability to instigate real change in the hearts and minds and lives of others...or at least, the wish to

Last edited:
Reactions: sassafras
Turn anything impossible to possible and my lovely heart.

Accessing my personal power to better use the resources I've been born with or lucky enough to acquire in this life time to assist/enhance the lives of my family, myself and my friends, as well as offer help to anyone who needs protection or support.

Last edited:
Hell if I know!

Attaining my potential in whatever my mind seeks to accomplish. The more it enriches the lives of myself and others, the more meaningful it is.

I'm illegal purposeless resident in the lands of reason. When the purpose police stops me, I bribe them with ginger gold apples.

The fact that I have another day with which I can learn something or make myself a more complete human being. We take so much for granted, and for me I worry about inertia. I am comfortable in my life but am always trying to enlarge my boundaries. When I can't do that any longer I may as well get the Hell out of here.

Purpose? I'm one of those who believes the world's dying under the vast crush of human consumption, so I've kinda assigned myself contrarian purpose of either a) finding ways to make people want to live in equilibrium with the world (since you can't just MAKE people do it) or b) building a spaceship or bunker somewhere and putting a little distance between me and the impending wreckage. =P
:m100:

I don't understand.
Does there absolutely have to be something to give you purpose?
Can't you just float on through life because that's what's expected of you?

I don't understand.

If you do that, then your purpose is to fulfill others expectations.

I think I have that purpose as well. But if you fail to do so for some reason, you've got to have another one to fall back on.

Last edited:
Mass genocide of ignorance and deceit.

I don't understand.

ACTUALLY, i think that is just as legitimate a perspective as any other; Not everyone wants to live out some epic mission and shouldn't have to be expected to.