What does your name mean? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What does your name mean?

Woops... Almost forgot

S 2^ = four (which is a representation regarding each of which is a very different virtual venture for me)

Sorry for the duplicate.

Last edited:
My user name comes from the word "Sonder" from the dictionary of Obscure Sorrows:

"The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk."

My user name comes from the word "Sonder" from the dictionary of Obscure Sorrows:

"The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk."

*Waves at you*

Heya!

----

People call me Strayfire because I always seem to be doing my own thing all the time and sometimes politely ignoring social events.

My first name is the same as my oldest cousin I've never met because he was given up for adoption almost ten years before I was born. He probably has a different name now- but I feel weird about it sometimes. It's my username- Jonathan. Hebrew for "gift of God."

My middle name is my dad's best childhood friend's name. They would run around rough neighborhoods in Detroit in the 70s doing all sorts of crazy stuff to keep occupied. Makes me wonder what kind of a person he thought I might become. One of my best friends has the same name. It means "nobility."

My last name is anglicized Belgian and reminds me of poppy fields. I'm not Belgian, though. The name was probably that of a slave-owning family from Georgia that my African-American ancestors took on. To me it represents my paternal family breaking the cycle of anger, violence and abuse left over from generations of slavery and marginalization.

Reactions: Asa, acd and INFJ16
My name's Taylor. It literally means Tailor. Like the person at sews things. Sigh

You don't sound enthused about that. : )
Think about it poetically...So not just one who sews things, but one who fixes things. You're name poetically means someone who pieces broken things back together. Sounds good to me.

• The name creates a dual nature in that you can be very generous and understanding, but you can also be so candid in your expression that you create misunderstanding.
  • You struggle with the requirement to soften your expression with tact and diplomacy and to consider the feelings of others.
  • Difficulty in accepting advice or admitting that you may have made a mistake causes you to appear to be stubborn and set in your ways.
  • Thus, you have too often created the wrong impression, and friendships have suffered.
  • This name does offer creative talent where there is the opportunity for ingenuity and originality.
  • You have a tendency, at times, to have too many ideas on the go, and thus your efforts are scattered and many things do not reach completion.
  • You are inclined to do to excess the things you like to do.
  • You have very intense feelings and find it difficult to maintain stability and happiness.
  • If you allowed it, temper and self-pity could be problems.

My parents went through several iterations before they settled on this one. Not a family name, just one they both liked well enough to tag me with. :blush: It doesn't mean anything exciting but it's a decent enough name - not too common or too rare. My middle name is also my dad's only name (he has no middle initial), which is pretty cool. It's dignified-sounding. :tongueout:

Also, through sheer coincidence I'm the namesake of a very well-known ancestor. My parents didn't know about that connection when they named me; only just discovered it a few years ago when my sister started researching our genealogy.

My real name literally means that I am an excellent Archer.

My real name literally means that I am an excellent Archer.
giphy.gif

Sneaky