What does your name mean?

bolognamacaroni

Community Member
Mar 30, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Post as little or as much as you want about the meaning of your name (meaning, origin, family history, historical significance, ect).

For the sake of remaining anonymous, don't feel like you need to post your real or full name. You can talk about your name without actually saying it. If someone has the same or similar name as you, keep it cool. :)

My first name is derived from the Hebrew name "Miryam". Meaning, "sea of bitterness" or "sea of sorrow". More commonly I have seen "wished-for-child", "rebellion", and "bitter".

My middle name is the French feminine variation of the name originally derived from the Latin "Antonius". Meaning, "Beyond praise", or "highly praise worthy".

My surname is of Dutch origin. My family (and the Internet for that matter) has very little information about the history or meaning of the name. I've read that my last name is a variant of "Godfrey", "Gothard", or "Godert", which are of various German and English origins and meanings. The most common meanings I've been able to find are, "(living with) the protection of God", "spear" combined with "hardy/brave/strong". Also, "goat, herdsman, and keeper", and "God" or "Good" are common.

My first name is of French origin, derived from the Latin name "Maximilian", meaning "the greatest".

As I come from a Catholic family, I have more than one middle name. I will only list the meanings of the names:
  • "Youthful"
  • "God is gracious"
  • "God will add"
  • "Resolute protection"

As for my surname.. I'm not quite sure. The surname of my family was changed sometime in the 1600s. I think it's of French origin.

My first name is a flower name, a tropical flower (thus my forum name xD) which is originally from somewhere in Asia (name and the flower).
First middle name and my surname are both related to ocean & sea and the second middle name means ''wisdom''.

By the way... People always say my first name wrong, they never get it right. :p lol

Dances with chainsaws.

The meaning of my two given names translate to 'Wise Violet'. I like it and I think it suits me :)

The name I like to be called (Dan) means judge. My last name means golden wheat (I guess like a bountiful harvest). I find it amusing that my ex's last name is the Norwegian term for dry ice. So random. And perhaps a little bit appropriate. Burn.

Smoked her

Reactions: dang and Free
My name means sneaky as fuck. So watch out.

I come from Saxony lineage, my family's coat of arms has three stars. We came from nothing but spread across the land and greatly improved our social status until becoming [strike]one of the thirteen elite bloodlines[/strike] moderate nobility, respected artists and businessmen of the upper class.

The name I like to be called (Dan) means judge. My last name means golden wheat (I guess like a bountiful harvest). I find it amusing that my ex's last name is the Norwegian term for dry ice. So random. And perhaps a little bit appropriate. Burn.

Jeremy»Jeremiah»YAHWEH has uplifted...or some variation thereof depending on translation

I don't know how you were quoted on that. I guess I can just quote you for everything I do on here from now on

First: Bold Dove
Middle: Beloved (of God)
Last: War

Meaning as a whole: I kill you with a smile, while God looks on with approval.*

*Disclaimer for those with no sense of humour: this is what is commonly called a joke.

First: Bold Dove
Middle: Beloved (of God)
Last: War

Meaning as a whole: I kill you with a smile, while God looks on with approval.*

*Disclaimer for those with no sense of humour: this is what is commonly called a joke.

What is the last word? J...j...Uh...j...ou...j...oooh...j-Uh-ooh...k...k...ay...eee... I don't know how to say it. I give up. You are a master wordsmith, sire.

An alternate dimension.

I think I read this once in a book of Roman mythology.

Haha. Well, based on the mythology I've meandered on over the years, such a phrase could have been swimming somewhere like a Salmon in my subconscious.